Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What Amex Improvements Would YOU Like To See Over The Summer?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Absolutely, Dick's Bar gone? and with no consultation with the fans that use it or even prior warning? If that rumour is true then it's appalling PR by the club, and absolutely dreadful. It's been a big part of the Amex since dat one, even l would hazard a guess by people who don't use it.

If the reason for it's demise is to replace it with another floor for the club shop then it's even worse. I mean what more tat is there to sell?
Sounds like BS, but easy enough to check seeing as how Dick's Bar is usually open weekday lunchtimes, selling paninis, limited range of (bottled) beers etc. Might nip up there meself for a nosey round on Monday and report back

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Sorry, I assume this is a joke
Sorry, I assume this is a joke?

And not that we have to go through extensive (skewed) surveys on things like safe standing and the park and ride because apparently the fan opinion on that matters (hahaha), but yet they've made up their own mind to get rid of the fans bar (Dicks) in favour of a fanzone they've dreamt up with no consultation on anyone?

God, our club may be fantastically well run but it doesn't mean there's some spectacularly slimey behaviour goes on when it comes to making a few quid.

(Chailey Jem in 3, 2, 1...)
I think someone is having you on…

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Not at falmer, but it would be great if we could get some shelters at the Park and ride pick up spots. They're really convenient ways to bus to the ground, but not all of us have a car to sit in when it's raining and the bus isn't ready to go.
I can't speak for the Racecourse, but the problem with Mill Road, is that the car park is, essentially, in the road, so it would look a bit odd having bus shelters along there, that are probably only going to be used for a few hours every other week.

The local council will need to be in agreement too, different at the Amex where the buses park on land owned by the club, (maybe it's there that we need shelters).

Vaughan Storm

May 21, 2020
Worthing
Talking to someone who has been there recently and the fanzone is almost complete and will hold 1000.
Dicks bar apparently is no more as they are looking to have another level for the club shop.
The tunnel club is complete and already sold out at 10k a season.
That's definitely BS, not a chance a season ticket costs 10k🤣

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Cant believe Dicks bar has gone. The only fans bar yet fans not consulted.. Sad but club just interested in making money.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Cant believe Dicks bar has gone. The only fans bar yet fans not consulted.. Sad but club just interested in making money.
no-idea.gif

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I can't speak for the Racecourse, but the problem with Mill Road, is that the car park is, essentially, in the road, so it would look a bit odd having bus shelters along there, that are probably only going to be used for a few hours every other week.

The local council will need to be in agreement too, different at the Amex where the buses park on land owned by the club, (maybe it's there that we need shelters).
Its at Amex P&R where you can wait for up to an hour that needs a shelter

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Its at Amex P&R where you can wait for up to an hour that needs a shelter
Or rethink the P+R operation. I note that for the friendly against the Spanish side, the Racecourse P+R is £3 per passenger, paid in advance only. A step in the right direction to reduce the pressure on the buses and help with costs.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Or rethink the P+R operation. I note that for the friendly against the Spanish side, the Racecourse P+R is £3 per passenger, paid in advance only. A step in the right direction to reduce the pressure on the buses and help with costs.
Thought all friendlies have had charges for transport over the years.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here