Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] What Amex Improvements Would YOU Like To See Over The Summer?

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I think the stadium looked great with the refurb. Absolutely love the blue around the touchline, makes the pitch stand out, and the stripes and logos in the top corners looked really good, too.

On the downside - and this is MASSIVE - I noticed they've put an 'American Express Stadium' sign over the tunnel, but for some reason the type isn't centered (this might not matter to some people, but I get anxious if I've left a knife in the fork drawer).

For some reason, the programme kiosks have been removed from the concourses. Anyone know why? I spoke to the friendly scouse programme seller about it and he said they hadn't been given a reason. The new plastic stalls they have blow over in the wind. It was hardly blowing a gale yesterday, but I still had to stop his stall tipping over! Not going to be pleasant for them in winter when it's freezing or pi55ing down, either.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Wonder if it lights up when it gets dark. Looks like it might
That will be soooooo cool, it will remind of the sign on my lounge wall :moo: :smile:

IMG_1224.jpeg

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
i know its been said, multiple times, but we MUST try and double the north. bin those office and shelf ideas and hire the best structural engineers in the world to make it happen.

I may have been looking at the home ends of our 3 group mates and hoping for the best. UTA

ajax.jpg

athens.jpg

marseille.jpg

el punal

i know its been said, multiple times, but we MUST try and double the north. bin those office and shelf ideas and hire the best structural engineers in the world to make it happen.

I may have been looking at the home ends of our 3 group mates and hoping for the best. UTA

View attachment 166436

View attachment 166437
View attachment 166438

View attachment 166436

View attachment 166437
View attachment 166438
Great. You hire the best structural engineers in the world then. Tell Uncle Tone what you propose to do and he’ll say good idea - who’s going to pay for it? Oh, then of course IF everything is approved then you won’t have a North Stand at all for the next couple of years as the current one will be knocked down and rebuilt. And, those fans currently in North Stand will have to be moved to the East Stand - now that will be fun. There is also the matter that the world’s best structural engineers might say that because the whole stadium is held up by the two massive arched spans of the East and West stands that the whole structure needs to be demolished and rebuilt in order to have a bigger North Stand.

On that basis no one will be able to watch any football at the Amex which means we’ll probably have to ground share with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park for an indefinite period. Yeah, that’ll be fun.

So the moral of all of this is simple - if it ain’t broke why fix it. Ay theng yoo! :drink:

P.S. I am, of course, completely taking the piss with the above comments.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

View attachment 166436

View attachment 166437
View attachment 166438
Would love it to happen. But it would be a tricky process. You might have to demolish the north stand to then start it all again. If you could get it built could we even get planning permission for the extra capacity? And how would it effect the travel system having to get another 2000 people on the P&R or trains. If we could do it, I would love to see us remove the police box, turn the office space behind the north into a new concourse, and wrap the west stand middle tier around over the north stand until it reaches the screen.

mile oak

May 21, 2023
If we expand the Amex just think of the travel in and out how that will be impacted? I think we have to accept we are at capacity.

dangull

Feb 24, 2013
Great. You hire the best structural engineers in the world then. Tell Uncle Tone what you propose to do and he’ll say good idea - who’s going to pay for it? Oh, then of course IF everything is approved then you won’t have a North Stand at all for the next couple of years as the current one will be knocked down and rebuilt. And, those fans currently in North Stand will have to be moved to the East Stand - now that will be fun. There is also the matter that the world’s best structural engineers might say that because the whole stadium is held up by the two massive arched spans of the East and West stands that the whole structure needs to be demolished and rebuilt in order to have a bigger North Stand.

On that basis no one will be able to watch any football at the Amex which means we’ll probably have to ground share with Crystal Palace at Selhurst Park for an indefinite period. Yeah, that’ll be fun.

So the moral of all of this is simple - if it ain’t broke why fix it. Ay theng yoo! :drink:

P.S. I am, of course, completely taking the piss with the above comments.
He's just received 115m for Caicedo, 35m Mac, 20m Sanchez
That should cover it ;)

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Would love it to happen. But it would be a tricky process. You might have to demolish the north stand to then start it all again. If you could get it built could we even get planning permission for the extra capacity? And how would it effect the travel system having to get another 2000 people on the P&R or trains. If we could do it, I would love to see us remove the police box, turn the office space behind the north into a new concourse, and wrap the west stand middle tier around over the north stand until it reaches the screen.

I reckon this is not far off the long term plans, would need to move the Sky TV studio as well though.

The Colonel

Sep 4, 2023
Liverpool have just built a huge new tier at one end without ever closing the lower tier. I know structurally The Amex is totally different, but if we could do something like that it would look unreal.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Always seems to me that the wide open expanse of tarmac outside the NS/Club Shop is more or less just dead space. Clearly highly unlikely that will change anytime soon. But, hey, never say never, even with the shitty current l transport arrangements. Bring on the monorail!

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
does anybody actually use the studio anymore, they seem to prefer being pitchside nowadays

Nobody uses it but I think ground regs require us to have one studio for Sky and one for BT

If they are not using it I guess we could push them off into a less prominent part of the Stadium. Just give them a box room somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here