Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing Your Team's Shirt On Holiday

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

D

Deleted member 2719

I think all us shirt lads and lasses love the feel of polyester against the naked skin, I have worn polyester on my skin for 35 years because I played football so tough titties to anyone that is embarrassed by it.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Bugger, I wore mine in New York. One of lives big mistakes. If only I could turn back time and do things differently!

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
I wonder how much money those childish people are contributing to help their club survive and prosper?

I see Brighton tops when I'm away from Sussex and it makes me feel happy, whether the wearer is young or old, it shows our common allegiance to the club I love. I travel to the ground on matchday, I see thousands of Brighton shirts. I see families, Mum, Dad, boys and girls, sometimes grandparents, all excited and proud to wear their teams colours. I see old men meeting up, having worn the club shirt for decades, still displaying the allegiance that was founded when they were lads all those decades ago. I see people at bus stops and people waiting for lifts, happy faces, hearts full of anticipation, sporting Albion tops. I see people in cars with Brighton car stickers, the driver invariably wearing his blue n' white stripes. I see people crammed on trains, some quiet and anxious about the game ahead and the result, some loud and lairy, already fuelled by a few pints but all keen to display their allegiance. I see droves of people walking to the ground, the multitude of Brighton shirts is uplifting, colours from the last 20 years or more, too many to count. And then in the stadium, the moment arrives, the stands crammed with people, thousands of blue and white tops, yellow, a sprinkling of black and green, even one or two red/blacks and blue/blacks. And I'm there in my own theatre of dreams and I see those people like me, displaying their allegiance with pride and passion and my heart swells with joy.

I feel sad for you and mikeysj and any of the other small-minded and judgemental posters on this thread; you're very welcome to your sour dispositions.

No need to get so defensive about it, I contribute greatly to the club coffers by purchasing several things on a matchday. I have no problem with people buying Brighton merchandise either, I just think wearing replica football tops is a bit childish, that's all.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
No need to get so defensive about it, I contribute greatly to the club coffers by purchasing several things on a matchday. I have no problem with people buying Brighton merchandise either, I just think wearing replica football tops is a bit childish, that's all.

Don't presume I'm being defensive, there's nothing in my post to suggest that whereas your need to proclaim your match day contribution to the club smacks of defensiveness.

My post explains my pride in wearing a Brighton shirt and my sadness for you.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
I wonder how much money those childish people are contributing to help their club survive and prosper?

I see Brighton tops when I'm away from Sussex and it makes me feel happy, whether the wearer is young or old, it shows our common allegiance to the club I love. I travel to the ground on matchday, I see thousands of Brighton shirts. I see families, Mum, Dad, boys and girls, sometimes grandparents, all excited and proud to wear their teams colours. I see old men meeting up, having worn the club shirt for decades, still displaying the allegiance that was founded when they were lads all those decades ago. I see people at bus stops and people waiting for lifts, happy faces, hearts full of anticipation, sporting Albion tops. I see people in cars with Brighton car stickers, the driver invariably wearing his blue n' white stripes. I see people crammed on trains, some quiet and anxious about the game ahead and the result, some loud and lairy, already fuelled by a few pints but all keen to display their allegiance. I see droves of people walking to the ground, the multitude of Brighton shirts is uplifting, colours from the last 20 years or more, too many to count. And then in the stadium, the moment arrives, the stands crammed with people, thousands of blue and white tops, yellow, a sprinkling of black and green, even one or two red/blacks and blue/blacks. And I'm there in my own theatre of dreams and I see those people like me, displaying their allegiance with pride and passion and my heart swells with joy.

I feel sad for you and mikeysj and any of the other small-minded and judgemental posters on this thread; you're very welcome to your sour dispositions.

Saved me a rant , nice one .

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Don't presume I'm being defensive, there's nothing in my post to suggest that whereas your need to proclaim your match day contribution to the club smacks of defensiveness.

My post explains my pride in wearing a Brighton shirt and my sadness for you.

How does it smack of defensiveness? You claimed that people buying replica shirts help the club 'survive and prosper', whilst that is true, you can also spend money in other ways to help the club.

My point is, I don't understand the concept of wearing a replica shirt, except if you are a child. Children can aspire to become footballers and view them as role models so I can understand why they might want to wear the same shirt, adults, on the other hand, surely can't have any ambitions to become a footballer, so what's the point in wearing it? You can show your support in other ways, I support my family but I don't go around wearing exactly the same clothes as them, it'd be weird.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton

goodpost_zpsbd3a44cc.gif

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's an age thing...I wouldn't dream of wearing a football shirt on holiday now, but when the girls were small, would wear my albion top almost daily on holiday.

I have noticed though that if you do see men of a certain age wearing footy tops on holiday they nearly always are Chelsea tops.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I went to Sa Coma Majorca last summer and the bar next to the hotel had a wall full of football shirts, it was nice to see an old Albion shirt included.:thumbsup:

oneillco

Feb 13, 2013
Of course they are but we're also entitled to our own opinions of people who wear ...say socks with sandals or pony tail with receding hair line..actually any bloke with a pony tail...or their trousers hanging halfway down their arse or a poxy Celtic top.

Errrr....why a "poxy" Celtic top? You're not a part time Hun are you?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Whilst im not COMPLETELY against it on principle, football shirts are sweaty and make you stink after about ten minutes in hot conditions, surely that's enougg reason not to wear them on holiday?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It serves a very useful purpose, it identifies the people to avoid and who to release any stress on although it can piss off your other half somewhat. I was working in Malaysia last month and every single time we went out we saw hundreds of Man U shirts. I must have come across as having chronic Tourette's because I was muttering w*nk*r...plastic c*nt...tw*t...c*nt...glory-hunting pr*ck....

I take hating plastic Man U fans VERY seriously. My girlfriend was not impressed.
you should have told her not to wear the shirt then.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I saw the same boy on Las Ramblas, and went over for a chat with him and his Dad.

Had a brief enthusiastic chat with them about Albion and the Birmingham result................Dad then said to me "who do you support?".

Had I been wearing an Albion shirt too it would have saved us all that very pronounced momentary embarrassed silence that subsequently followed his earnest question..........oh how we laughed!

They were the first thing I saw as I emerged from the metro onto Las Ramblas - most unexpected

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here