Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing Your Team's Shirt On Holiday

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
Off to Salou Spain on the 3rd sept for 2 weeks and I will be wearing mine on the 2 away games and me Brighton till i die T-shirt at least a couple of other times :) I don't really give a sht what others think and its normally results in friendly banter with other guest.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
Shirts are getting so expensive now, it makes sense to wear them regularly to prevent them gathering dust in your cupboard.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Come on Brakespeare, don't be coy. Do you disapprove of or disbelieve me? If it's the latter then please feel free to introduce yourself to my two sons and I tomorrow in WSU, I can PM where we usually stand in the concourse abd you can ask my them yourself. If it's the former then sorry but I don't care and I'm not changing. Football is all about irrational likes and dislikes. I dislike a lot berks who wear Palace tops in Albion country or vice versa.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
I've got four Brighton tops, several Chelsea tops and a load of England shirts most of which are gathering dust in my wardrobe, I only ware them for playing football in now I can't wear them any other time it just don't feel right.

neilandthomas

Jun 21, 2012
I'm 5000 miles away in Florida at the moment and had my shirt on last Saturday, was in one of the Disney shops on Main Street and a chap comes up behind me saying 'seagulls'.... Small world!!!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Holiday in Spain where the Germans go is my advice e.g. Southern tip of Fuerteventura. You wont see a football shirt all week. Then you get back to Corralejo airport where its full of fat northerners in smelly polyester stuffing their fat faces with chips. Oh well.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Damn right - especially in Chapmans, cheeky f*ckers. Nothing riles me more than that, complete disrespect. There was a bloke on Worthing seafront in a Palace polo shirt a few weeks back during the birdman competition. He looked at me completely nonplussed as I told him what I thought of his choice of clothing. And I was told off by my girlfriend and again when I flicked Vs at him.

My two sons aged 8 and 11 at the time gave a couple of Palace wearing fans a load of grief for wearing Palace tops in the North Laine a few years back completely off their own back, my youngest was wearing his Albion top and the pikeys made a sarcastic comment. It's moments like that that you realise just how much you love your children.

The North Laine?

The?

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Kids can wear them anywhere. 14/16 isn't really the cut off though I'd say first half proper relationship with a member of the sex of one's choice. Might explain why some of the 40 year old virgins are the ones in full kit.

Where do people stand out of interest on football mugs?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Kids can wear them anywhere. 14/16 isn't really the cut off though I'd say first half proper relationship with a member of the sex of one's choice. Might explain why some of the 40 year old virgins are the ones in full kit.

Where do people stand out of interest on football mugs?

Perfectly acceptable at work and home. Not acceptable for someone else at work to use it.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
What's that for?
I don't know, trying to dictate what people wear and when just seems a little OTT to me. Maybe I'm misjudging the tone of the thread but it seems a bit....childish.

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
i can't stand it personally - haven't worn a football shirt apart from a kickabout down the park since i was about 10

just got back from Portugal and the worst offenders out there were Everton - saw probably 5 shirts in 9 days.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't know, trying to dictate what people wear and when just seems a little OTT to me. Maybe I'm misjudging the tone of the thread but it seems a bit....childish.

Please quote the bit where I've dictated what people can wear and when. In fact, I did explicitly say the opposite - that you should wear what you want to but don't dictate what people think of that. It's all there in black and white.

I've a feeling that you seem to be reading all my posts with an increasingly jaundiced perspective from comments made recently and the fact that you've got my post so completely and utterly wrong. Stick me on ignore, why don't you and then these misunderstandings won't happen again. (said in all sincerity)

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Stick me on ignore, why don't you and then these misunderstandings won't happen again. (said in all sincerity)

No way...... I,m going to quote every one of your posts now.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Please quote the bit where I've dictated what people can wear and when. In fact, I did explicitly say the opposite - that you should wear what you want to but don't dictate what people think of that. It's all there in black and white.

I've a feeling that you seem to be reading all my posts with an increasingly jaundiced perspective from comments made recently and the fact that you've got my post so completely and utterly wrong. Stick me on ignore, why don't you and then these misunderstandings won't happen again. (said in all sincerity)
I apologise, you are right. You did state that people should wear what they like but you reserved the right to criticise them for said choice. I just don't know why people would bother given as it's just a bit of fabric and all but that's just my perspective. And it was certainly nothing personal, just I guess a couple of threads recently have lead to an easy comment but there was no malice behind it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here