Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing Your Team's Shirt On Holiday

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Sorry to say, I am in Spain at the moment. Will be missing the match tomorrow although during the hours of the game I will be wearing my shirt as a show of support. If anybody does not like it, they are free to come and tell me. Or better still wait to they get back from holiday and moan about it on a forum. I always wear my shirt on match days. Looking around the pool there are a lot more fashion disasters then me wearing my shirt.

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
I should imagine as it's a 'no children' hotel, there might be a lot of 'all-inclusive' holiday guests, who get to drink 'free' from eleven am to eleven pm, so perhaps the shirt-wearing footy fans are on one of those deals ???

Aug 23, 2011
That doesn't make sense. First you say you don't care what people say and then you can't wear what you want because of what people will say.

Look, if you want to wear a full kit tomorrow then go for it. You say it doesn't bother you so fair enough but please don't tell us that we're not allowed to call blokes like this a w*nker. He is a w*nker, he's a full kit w*nker.

2s0iwk7.jpg

Is he a full kit bus w****r? Or is that too far?

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
Are sectarian/bigoted comments covered by those new laws today?

bigoted would suggest not factual ...Big Jock knew....you gonna call me sectarian for pointing out Albion are an ENGLISH team ! ..... dont cry i got tarmaccer blood too!

Last edited:

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
I saw a boy wearing a Brighton shirt in Barcelona last week. Gave a cheeky 'SEEEAGULLLLS' as I walked past, which he and his dad returned in kind. Oh how we laughed.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I don't have a replica shirt but wear my Brighton baseball shirt when on holiday (I only go to Cornwall mind :) ).

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
It serves a very useful purpose, it identifies the people to avoid and who to release any stress on although it can piss off your other half somewhat. I was working in Malaysia last month and every single time we went out we saw hundreds of Man U shirts. I must have come across as having chronic Tourette's because I was muttering w*nk*r...plastic c*nt...tw*t...c*nt...glory-hunting pr*ck....

I take hating plastic Man U fans VERY seriously. My girlfriend was not impressed.

About 5 or 6 years ago Buzzer we had a Palace fan in Chapmans when I was rat arsed. I told him if he had come in during the 80's or early 90's he would have been lynched. I wasn't overly aggressive or anything.

My wife told me what a prick I was but he just annoyed me being there.
This has nothing to do with the thread title but I just wanted to say it.
Thank you.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
About 5 or 6 years ago Buzzer we had a Palace fan in Chapmans when I was rat arsed. I told him if he had come in during the 80's or early 90's he would have been lynched. I wasn't overly aggressive or anything.

My wife told me what a prick I was but he just annoyed me being there.
This has nothing to do with the thread title but I just wanted to say it.
Thank you.

Damn right - especially in Chapmans, cheeky f*ckers. Nothing riles me more than that, complete disrespect. There was a bloke on Worthing seafront in a Palace polo shirt a few weeks back during the birdman competition. He looked at me completely nonplussed as I told him what I thought of his choice of clothing. And I was told off by my girlfriend and again when I flicked Vs at him.

My two sons aged 8 and 11 at the time gave a couple of Palace wearing fans a load of grief for wearing Palace tops in the North Laine a few years back completely off their own back, my youngest was wearing his Albion top and the pikeys made a sarcastic comment. It's moments like that that you realise just how much you love your children.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Damn right - especially in Chapmans, cheeky f*ckers. Nothing riles me more than that, complete disrespect. There was a bloke on Worthing seafront in a Palace polo shirt a few weeks back during the birdman competition. He looked at me completely nonplussed as I told him what I thought of it. Once again being told off by my girlfriend and again when I flicked Vs at him.

My two sons aged 8 and 11 at the time gave a couple of Palace wearing fans a load of grief for wearing Palace tops in the North Laine a few years back completely off their own back, my youngest was wearing his Albion top and the pikeys made a sarcastic comment. It's moments like that that you realise just how much you love your children.
:rolleyes:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We are getting some awesome contributions to this thread. Notably from Questions, shaolinpunk and JCL-the new kid in town. Good work chaps

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Holiday is one of the few occasions where it acceptable for an adult to wear football shirts imo.

Others include - Watching football, or playing football.

Yet again..........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here