Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wearing Your Team's Shirt On Holiday

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Oh and personalised number plates.
I must be top of your list...have a personalised Albion number plate and worn my Albion shirts in Las Vegas...La Manga and Denmark...what anyone thinks is THEIR problem...devoted to Albion for 56 years...at my age will not change my allegiance for anyone...yes will still wear my shirt when I like..

mikeyjh

Dec 17, 2008
Llanymawddwy
I must be top of your list...have a personalised Albion number plate and worn my Albion shirts in Las Vegas...La Manga and Denmark...what anyone thinks is THEIR problem...devoted to Albion for 56 years...at my age will not change my allegiance for anyone...yes will still wear my shirt when I like..

I don't have a list and it's not really an issue, you wear your shirt wherever you like and enjoy it, I think you look like a dick, everyone's happy......

Jan 30, 2008
i must be top of your list...have a personalised albion number plate and worn my albion shirts in las vegas...la manga and denmark...what anyone thinks is their problem...devoted to albion for 56 years...at my age will not change my allegiance for anyone...yes will still wear my shirt when i like..
small dick issue's or a small man driving a BIG car ???
regards
DR

J2 BHA

NSC Patron
Jul 28, 2004
I haven't worn a replica kit since I was in my early 20's (36 now) although I have no problem with those who do choose to whether at the match or away on hols. Always happy when I'm abroad somewhere and see someone with an albion top or hat on.

Over Xmas the mrs and I were looking through a few old photo albums and the thing that struck me, in adddition to the fact that i have a put a few pound on!, is that in virtually every photo of our hols from age 19 to 22/23 I have a BHAFC top on. Wouldn't dream of it now but have no real re-collection when my view on this changed

Always make sure my boy has his shirt with him when we go away now though, never had a day where we haven't stopped to chat with a few other football fans and a few albion fans too.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Slightly off topic ....

When my two girls were younger [circa under 12] and we first moved away from Brighton we would often find ourselves in sports shops like JJB or Sports Direct with me promising to buy them a new Brighton shirt. Always the same SOLD OUT ! Could never find one on the shelf. I told them it was because Brighton were so popular all over the country that shops were always sold out of Brighton shirts.

Did JJB or Sports Direct ever sell Albion shirts to start with? For some parochial reason, always seemed to me that you could buy the shirt at the club shop or nowhere at all. You could buy an Arsenal or ManU or Chelsea shirt in Churchill Square or Gatwick but not an Albion shirt. Seems to me the club missed a major trick there, particularly during the SKINT years when we had the best kit sponsor known to man and the most crucial need of money from any source whatsoever, including club merchandise.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here