Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Wayne Bridge rumours [Merged]

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I now know how Sitch feels...In the know, but still get abuse. Perhaps this egg on face moment might keep you quieter next time, but I somehow doubt it.

I can't tell if this is meant to be a joke or not.

If not, I too doubt it. Given it's not really an egg on face comment. You congratulated gus on a great signing on the 4th. By all accounts the deal wasn't signed until the 6th (and as we've seen with CMS and Vicente, it's the signing bit that's important). No one accused you of being wrong, or not knowing anything, just that you were being a bit premature.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Wayne looking about 50: :)

_61411082_waynebridgesunderlandgetty.jpg

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Encouraging stats from the Guardian....

Bridge has been on the wane for a couple of years. To put it into context, he went through a full season for City, playing 1,897 minutes, without a single cross, out of 47 attempts, going to a team-mate.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This is going to go one of two ways. One would assume Bridge has enough money in the bank to never have to pull on a pair of football boots again, if he didn't want to. He could quite easily sit in the stiffs at Man City drawing his wage and seeing his contract out. The fact he has dropped down to the championship when one would assume he could have stayed in the prem, I think is a good sign that he wants to play the game and if he wants to play the game, we have a seriously good player on our hands. Getting a good pre season in and starting a season playing football and a first team regular, could be just what he needs.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No. Not sorted. We need three more players. One or two centre backs plus two or one midfielders (depending on whether we play 4-3-3 or 3-4-3). I'm thinking Leyton Baines, Gareth Bale and Chris Basham...

1. Brezovan
2. Bruno
3. Bridge
4. Baines
5. Basham
6. Bale
7. Bridcutt
8. Barnes
9. Bergkamp
10. Barker
11. Buckley

It doesn't matter how good they are, just that their names begin with B.

I've just realised. Vicente is pronounce "bithente". I'll let him join the team, so only two vacancies.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here