Wayne Bridge rumours [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Incredibly lucky. And I want people to see that, so they don't miss it.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Incredibly lucky. And I want people to see that, so they don't miss it.

It's human nature. Look at Arsenal. Fantastic stadium, fantastic array of young talent over the years, Champions League every year but people are not happy because they have not won a Carling Cup for a few years.

People who moan will feel completely justified - but if you had a season ticket over the last ten years and have watched Bergkamp, Henry, Fabregas, Van Persie - you can't complain about too much. But people do.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
Hopefully we can Finalise the deal soon and get him into Training quickly. I think with a good Pre-season under his belt, and plenty of time in the Friendlies coming up. Hopefully he will be raring to go, just depends on us getting this deal done soon.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
A medical still needs to be done to ascertain whether the player meets the clubs physical standards.

Especially off the back of the summer, it is vital to run full body scans to pick up on any potentially unnoticed muscle tears of strains. It's 5 weeks until he kicks a competetive ball for us. We don't want to spend £50k in that time and then find out he breaks down leaving us with no left back.

this is correct,he was due to have his medical at 8 this morning

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Nah it hasn't been particularly more than usual but it's just got to me for some reason, I suddenly had a sort of "epiphany" moment, took stock of what's happening to our club at the moment and went;

"Hang on...what the f*** is happening? This is unbelievable!" - Then I look on the site and I still see the same DRIBBLE of negative boring meaningless inane stupid and frankly incorrect ARSESHITE being spluttered by the usual dinlows.

I suggest you do what I did: i.e. Take an extended break from NSC in order to recover from witnessing the avalanche of shite that's posted on here these days. You KNOW it makes sense. :thumbsup:

Edit: Great news about Bridge if he actually materialises.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Gus is brilliant isn't he. Just in the last month he's convinced a goalkeeper who's played for man u in the champions league, a rb who's played over 60 times for valencia, consistently 3rd best team in spain only behind real and barca and possibly a lb who's contracted to the current epl champions and has played 30+ times for england, to join us. Not to mention vicente, capped 38 times for spain + played in cham league final. He's convincing all of them to join us, a team only recently promoted from league 1. Its just amazing stuff. Cant believe anyone could moan about any of these players joining us.

top post

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Those were indeed happy days...... but I like it now too.

Me too... and I could add 90/91, apart from play-off final, too...

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Fair enough - it is open to debate anyway.

What is open to debate? We have not even replicated the old League two playoff season yet.

We have a nice ground, but that is it at the moment.

In the 70's and early 80's we had possibly the best manager in Europe, then the former England Captain as Manager, top division status, bigger crowds, two visits to Wembley and nice attractive ENGLISH style football. Oh, and several England players.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
I genuinely attribute the moaning to JCL's who instinctively turn their noses up at such signings, whilst wearing their Tottenham and Chelsea hats. I remember when the signing of Jason Dodd was considered a coup. I Have to do a double take these days by reading every single article on our new acquisitions.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports