Wayne Bridge rumours [Merged]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Gus is brilliant isn't he. Just in the last month he's convinced a goalkeeper who's played for man u in the champions league, a rb who's played over 60 times for valencia, consistently 3rd best team in spain only behind real and barca and possibly a lb who's contracted to the current epl champions and has played 30+ times for england, to join us. Not to mention vicente, capped 38 times for spain + played in cham league final. He's convincing all of them to join us, a team only recently promoted from league 1. Its just amazing stuff. Cant believe anyone could moan about any of these players joining us.

Nice post.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I genuinely attribute the moaning to JCL's who instinctively turn their noses up at such signings, whilst wearing their Tottenham and Chelsea hats. I remember when the signing of Jason Dodd was considered a coup. I Have to do a double take these days by reading every single article on our new acquisitions.
You're wrong though.

Father Jack

Aug 21, 2005
Ok, so it was a sweeping statement but frankly I still fail to see how this can be taken as anything other than good news. There is no long term risk with this signing (if it happens)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Our defensive line is going to be STRONG bruvs.

Yup. Just like when we bought Casper, Calde and Paints into our League One side. We then went MUCH more attackinggggg.

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
If he does sign, I don't think we'll have atrocious scores like 6-0 again - we just now need to bolster our attacking midfield and bam, we're going to hit the championship this season coming with a sledgehammer.

leigull

Sep 26, 2010
Maybe reading too much into it - but all their previous tweets about new players have mentioned "signing" in the tweet. I guess this is Vicente related

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I wonder if it will be awkward that his understudy looks exactly like John Terry.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports