Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Important!!! - BHAFC to be taken over by 8 Jan 2006

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Marc said:
yeah alright fair enough these mystical chairmen are rare, but at the end of the day I'd rather have someone in charge with the clubs best interests both finanacially and future wise. Afterall its no good having a stadium if your in league two with £50mil debts when the supposedly rich chairman decides he's had enough and does a runner....what then!?

This mythical Chairman would not allow the club to have £50m debts because that would indicate bad business practice and he would then not be protecting his assets and interests. The vast majority of people who becaome millionaires usually either inherit, win it or steal it some but very few in comparison, actually earn it, If they have either earnt it or inherited they will not let it go easily so their business practices will make them make a success of it and not incur horrendous debts.

Yes they may get bored and walk away and sell it on but again they would not sell it to somebody like me with no money. They would want to recoup most if not all of their outlay so the person they sell to has to be wealthy also.

Just think who could Abramovich sell Chelsea to it wont be Joe Smith who owns a supermarket in Kings Road.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
eerr was'nt bill archcunt a rich bloke who then sold it onto a property developer (deja vu), what if the council dont hold the3 stadium in whatever rights and this all happenes again.....oh f*** I cant be bothered to continue this as its all MYTHICAL (I like that word) at the moment :)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Marc said:
eerr was'nt bill archcunt a rich bloke who then sold it onto a property developer (deja vu), what if the council dont hold the3 stadium in whatever rights and this all happenes again.....oh f*** I cant be bothered to continue this as its all MYTHICAL (I like that word) at the moment :)
Hypothetical but I agree with every word Marc :thumbsup:

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
Just think who could Abramovich sell Chelsea to it wont be Joe Smith who owns a supermarket in Kings Road.

it wont be your average multi millionaire either, as its got to be one big animal to feed at the moment, and i would think that only someone with Abramovich's wealth could afford to sponcer it, if ever that guy did get fed up with his play thing and walk away, i think chelsea would be up shit creek without a paddle, (this is only my opinion btw, i dont pretend to be well up on these sort of things)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Bill Archer was richer than I will ever be but not in the super rich class until he combined with Greg Stanley to form Focus. He then became super rich when he sold Focus/Wickes as did Greg Stanley when he sold off FADS and his major share in Boots Chemist.

When talking of rich Chairmen I was thinking along the lines of Lord Cowdray (Sussex man) very rich, very successful business man. It was rumoured once that he was the money behind a possible take over of Nottingham Forest but it all died a death.

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I was earwigging a conversation on the train home last night and this bloke was droning on to his mate..........etc etc......and at one point he said that his financial firm off Moorgate had just been taken over by some latvians ( I thought that Romanov of Hearts was a Latvian...) anyway, they had a staff get together, meet the owners etc, and he mentioned that they were in talks to buy a football club on the South Coast. When pressed, he couldnt say who it was but he said they had just gained permission for a stadium. put 2 + 2 = 5

........he didn't appear drunk!

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
brightonfan_86 said:
Yes, it has also told me Ernest will be the new manager.

Excellent news. Now that is someone who KNOWS what they are talking about. About time we had an ENGLISH manager again!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

rool

Jul 10, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
I was earwigging a conversation on the train home last night and this bloke was droning on to his mate..........etc etc......and at one point he said that his financial firm off Moorgate had just been taken over by some latvians ( I thought that Romanov of Hearts was a Latvian...) anyway, they had a staff get together, meet the owners etc, and he mentioned that they were in talks to buy a football club on the South Coast. When pressed, he couldnt say who it was but he said they had just gained permission for a stadium. put 2 + 2 = 5

........he didn't appear drunk!

Oooh, I wonder if the new owners will let me buy tickets for the Watford game in February :lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
munster monch said:
Oooh, I wonder if the new owners will let me buy tickets for the Watford game in February :lolol:

No chance...and you would have to pay in Roubles!!!

:clap2: :clap2:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
BensGrandad said:
Bill Archer was richer than I will ever be but not in the super rich class until he combined with Greg Stanley to form Focus.

They are still both utter utter utter c unts tho. And deserve to be miserable for all eternity....

rool

Jul 10, 2003
dave the gaffer said:
No chance...and you would have to pay in Roubles!!!

:clap2: :clap2:

Surely if I bung in a second hand lada and a bottle of duty free Vodka, that'll do the trick.

On a subnote on the ticket thing, I think that sucks a bit that I can't get tickets. One of my lads is swinging towards Man U and the other for some strange reason to Bayern Munich. I have emailed Bayern Munich and had a response offering free tickets for my boys and mine will be not much more than the combined total at the albion. Ryanair goes fairly near and i get to see a wonderful stadium.

That's how a real club does it Insider

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Tony Meolas Loan Spell said:
They are still both utter utter utter c unts tho. And deserve to be miserable for all eternity....

I take it you were not around when we all felt the same about Bedson?

Owners, managers and players come and go, but the club and supporters remain.

I have seen too many of these to get seriously worked up about Archer and Stanley. As far as I am concerned, they are history and now we have the permission to build Falmer, they do not even warrant a mention...we need to move on and examine the record of the current board, which at the moment is well in the credit.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
munster monch said:
Surely if I bung in a second hand lada and a bottle of duty free Vodka, that'll do the trick.

On a subnote on the ticket thing, I think that sucks a bit that I can't get tickets. One of my lads is swinging towards Man U and the other for some strange reason to Bayern Munich. I have emailed Bayern Munich and had a response offering free tickets for my boys and mine will be not much more than the combined total at the albion. Ryanair goes fairly near and i get to see a wonderful stadium.

That's how a real club does it Insider

Go for it Kev. Munich is a fabulous City ( albeit full of Nazi's). Your kids have no allegiance to a second division small club on the south coast of England. Let them chose whoever they wish and if it is just as expensive/cheap to go and watch Munich, I know what I would chose.

D

Deleted User X18H

I remember Bedson and I was never to sure about Sizen althought to young to grasp what he may have been or not been up to. Dave do guys sit at the back of the 7.20 London Bridge out of Hove if so I will look you up in the new year althought I will get on at Hassocks as it don't stop at Preston Park on a Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday etc etc............

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here