Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Very Important!!! - BHAFC to be taken over by 8 Jan 2006

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
Yes, it is true. Plans are afoot to build a new stadium. However, fans should expect a tough battle from the local villagers of Grozny as apparently it's near an AONB and the local collective next door ain't too happy either!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Gwylan said:
Yeah right...and Father Christmas will be put in charge of the merchandising.

This was SOOOO obvious the moment they fixed it so that we won the Coca-Cola sponsorship....

Redhead

Jul 21, 2005
The Mighty 'ford
My Friends, Mums, Dogs, Goldfishes, Cousins, Hairdressers, Fishmongers wife is a sauce at the club and have it on good authority we're involved in a deal where we swap Leon Knight for Andrei Shevchenko and Alessandro Nesta. You heard it here first. :lolol:

Last edited:

ShorehamGull

He's now back
Jul 6, 2003
Shoreham of course
Withdean and I said:
I have heard that a Russian businessman will take over the club by 8 Jan 2006. Ossie Ardiles will be made director of football and Dick Knight will become life president.

yeah right :yawn:

On a serious (and sad) note, I heard last week that one guy who was part of a consortium who tried to buy the club a few years ago and who were now supposed to be looking to invest, passed away at a very young age. (In his 40's)

The bid they made to take over the club was derisory (Something like £1-2m for complete control I believe) but whether they will still invest when one of their number has died, I don't know.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Ah! So thats why Dick Knight was wearing a cossack, knocking back the Smirnoff and dancing with his arms folded and legs crossed over last night :lolol:

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Perhaps Dick Knight is a Soviet mole and this is something that has been planned all along (he does have a cossack beard after all), the KGB have infiltrated the ODPM and had an influence over the planning application, the new stadium will be called the Pravda Smirnoff Ground and the players will be fortified with shots of vodka before each game.

On the other hand....

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
If they put in money for players then I don't care what nationality they are.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Why do you think Johnny P was there last night? It's obvious that he's sorting out his job after the next election when he'll be offical vodka and meat pie taster for our new owner - Vladimir Putin (who's the 'mystery' Russian and who will also be looking for a new job soon). I'm not too sure about Vlad's credentials as a football club owner, but he should be ok in putting down any unrest from the Palace fans.

Honestly, I'm surprised you haven't seen this coming.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I can't see that the players would be too happy with the former head of the KGB taking over the club, being threatened with having electrodes attached to your dangly bits or being sent to a salt mine (or worse, Croydon) if you don't cut the mustard on the pitch would be enough to put me off...

bailey

Sep 24, 2005
Seafront Brighton
Gully said:
being threatened with having electrodes attached to your dangly bits or being sent to a salt mine (or worse, Croydon) if you don't cut the mustard on the pitch would be enough to put me off...

Nah, with that kind of motivation we'd be in the Premier league in no time.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I reckon the ARS will be making a bid shortly, Ernest will be out with the buckets Boxing Day.

You heard it hear first.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Anybody who can run a whelk stall successfully can run a Football Club :smokin:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here