[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Something is not right with the maths on that report. There are roughly 1200 deaths a day (quite a bit of daily variation though) and at the moment we are seeing COVID related deaths of around 150 which is 12.5% which is pretty significant and much larger than the figures they are quoting. The probable difference is that in early July the figures were 20-30 a day , we are now 5 times higher than that. as the numbers grow day on day.

But let's not focus on deaths, hospitalisations are also increasing at a lower rate than deaths but increasing and beginning to put pressure on the NHS and of course hospitalisations certainly means more cases of long covid and further draining of resources let alone the damage on individuals.

Yet some people still think its stupid, not cool(?) to wear a mask when pretty much every medical person thinks we should.

The problem lies with the government and its ineffectual way of dealing with the situation, it needs to be opening up the economy but it also re-iterating the importance of vaccinations and masks and supporting organisations e.g. supermarkets and football grounds by passing and enforcing laws. The two actions are not mutually exclusive.

Agree with all this apart from that fact that the covid deaths referred to are only those within 28 days of a positive test, it doesn't include those in excess of 28 days.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What if they've got a condition which makes wearing a mask harmful for them?

Then they should wear a ****ing face shield. Considerably less effective than a mask but would show they give a **** about your fellow human beings!

If this was a rule, I wonder how many of those who claim 'exemption' would suddenly start wearing a mask because it's a damn site easier to carry around than a piece of perspex!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You can order a lateral flow test for free (box of 6), log on to the NHS website, upload the code on the test, report that it is negative, and you get a pass.

Can anyone see a flaw in this at all? ???

Anger

Jul 21, 2017
You can order a lateral flow test for free (box of 6), log on to the NHS website, upload the code on the test, report that it is negative, and you get a pass.

Is it that the NHS doesn’t have a website?

Dave the hatosaurus

Aug 22, 2021
worthing

HWT, reading between the lines of your post you seem to be suggesting that some people might actually report a test that they have not taken as negative in order to attend a football match !
Or even that some selfish idiots may take the test and even finding the result positive still report it as negative , travelling on public transport with no mask ,and go to the game risking their health and that of their fellow brighton fans and families !
I'm sorry mate , i normally like your posts , but surely this is fantasyland NOBODY could be that stupid !!!

Or could they ? ....................

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex

Is anyone desperate enough to go to these lengths !!?? It's only a football match ffs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Jul 25, 2021
Then they should wear a ****ing face shield. Considerably less effective than a mask but would show they give a **** about your fellow human beings!

If this was a rule, I wonder how many of those who claim 'exemption' would suddenly start wearing a mask because it's a damn site easier to carry around than a piece of perspex!

Good point well made. The swear words you used really gave your point that bit extra which basically proves your source of covid/vaccine information as gospel. Well said and keep caring about your fellow human beings!

We've got this.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017

Yes there's a big flaw in it but most people have a moral conscience that leads them to do the right thing. Maybe I'm naïve, but I can't see loads of people bothering to upload the code without actually doing the test. It's more hassle to go through the test questions on the gov website than the test itself! The new LFTs take 15 mins. It took me 20 minutes to find my sons nhs number, he hasn't had his 2nd jab as he had to isolate 3 weeks ago due to his flatmate testing positive. He's had 2 PCRs since then but he did another LFT earlier, he could've just put the test number in and said it's negative but he took the test. Let's face it, it's not a major match, it's not a 'big' game. I don't think there will be many people that will be so desperate to watch the the match that they will fake a test. As I said maybe I'm naïve though. :shrug:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Good point well made. The swear words you used really gave your point that bit extra which basically proves your source of covid/vaccine information as gospel. Well said and keep caring about your fellow human beings!

We've got this.

The poster you are replying to has a daughter who is a nurse and has seen the full horror of this virus. A bit of swearing is completely understandable when replying to individuals who are so indifferent to the health of others that they cannot even be bothered to wear a face mask.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Serious question .... can they send the pass to a very basic mobile 'phone?

At the Amex - they accept a physical letter from the NHS (ring 111 to request it) confirming you have had your jabs. My elderly Dad has one as he doesn’t have a smartphone. Or of you have their details you can log onto nhs.gov and download it/print it out.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At the Amex - they accept a physical letter from the NHS (ring 111 to request it) confirming you have had your jabs. My elderly Dad has one as he doesn’t have a smartphone. Or of you have their details you can log onto nhs.gov and download it/print it out.

But you also need to show that you don't have Covid. This is done by requesting a covid pass or by doing a lateral flow test and this has to be done around 2 days before the game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Serious question .... can they send the pass to a very basic mobile 'phone?

Yes any phone that can receive a text. My friend has an old Nokia and he got a text which is sufficient.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
But you also need to show that you don't have Covid. This is done by requesting a covid pass or by doing a lateral flow test and this has to be done around 2 days before the game.

Ha! Well I’ll tell my Dad he’s not coming this afternoon then !!

If you are fully vaccinated, have requested a paper COVID pass (which has no expiry date) from the nhs then that’s sufficient to pass the spot checks at the Amex.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ce-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season/

Nitram

Jul 16, 2013
It will be interesting to see how many are spot checked. I’m guessing by the way the latest guidance by BHFC is worded it’s more likely to be a random check than not.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

The test needs to be taken within 48 of kick off, not done around 2 days before. You can test this morning if needed and it be valid for entry.

From the club website

2. Proof of a negative lateral flow test - taken within 48 hours of kick-off can be shown using the NHS COVID Pass or in the form of an official NHS email or text message.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ice-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season

atomised

Mar 21, 2013

It's either a covid pass or proof of a negative test. Says so in the link the club just sent me if you have a covid pass you don't have to offer proof that you don't have covid.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
This is correct.

Yes. It’s always been either / or

08a5f2e2c45dbd25e9667fa1672b1856.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports