Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Fair play for getting the proper mask, most people don't.

It isn't just to protect others, you're also getting protection, that's written in the guidance from the WHO and CDC.

You've said before that you're immunocompromised, I'm double jabbed and I've had covid with mild symptoms. If you and I are stood next to each other I can't accept that you're wearing a filtration mask for my protection.

Vets wear masks to prevent infection being passed to animals. Noses harbour germs and viruses, which can be expressed with exhalation.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
I went to the Watford game, had my ID & Covid passport checked as we arrived early. Just before kickoff I went to the loo. I’m in the north stand, and the concourse was heaving with 95% not wearing masks. I felt very uncomfortable trying to negotiate my way through the masses, and back again to my seat.
When people wanted to get to their seats, I turned my back on them so we weren’t face to face.
I left early (85 mins) because I couldn’t face walking through the concourse again. I didn’t feel safe at all.

I guess everyone has to balance what degree of risk they feel comfortable with given their personal circumstances but it's a shame that the majority don't really give a shit about anyone else when its dead easy to stick a mask on for a few minutes.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
Or they've seen the overwhelming evidence that vaccines work :shrug:

Vaccines are great but we all know they aren't foolproof, we don't know who is and who isn't jabbed, I don't especially fancy getting sick and surely best not to risk giving the virus to others especially if you are on a rammed train. Common sense and common courtesy surely?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
So is your filtration mask stopping anything when you inhale?

I don’t know. Possibly some protection?

Edit to add, the virus stays alive on hard surfaces for several hours. It’s easy to rub your eyes without thinking, and transmit the virus that way. I still wash my hands regularly and use hand gel.

PeterOut

Aug 16, 2016
So is your filtration mask stopping anything when you inhale?

That's the point, isn't it?

If all around you are wearing masks, they are expelling far smaller quantities of 'nasties', so everyone is inhaling less 'nasties'. Work together as a team, protect your fellow Albion supporters.

Why would anyone not want to?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don’t know. Possibly some protection?

This is quite a comprehensive explanation.

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices...l-masks-face-masks-and-barrier-face-coverings

Barrier Face Coverings
A barrier face covering, as described in ASTM F3502-21, is a product worn on the face specifically covering at least the wearer’s nose and mouth, with the primary purpose of providing source control and to provide a degree of particulate filtration to reduce the amount of inhaled particulate material. Barrier face coverings are not a substitute for N95 respirators and other Filtering Facepiece Respirators (FFRs), which provide respiratory protection to the wearer, or for surgical masks, which provide fluid barrier and particulate material protection to the wearer.

Barrier face coverings may be made from a variety of materials that are not flammable. By definition, a barrier face covering should meet the particulate filtration efficiency, airflow resistance, and leakage assessment recommendations as described in ASTM F3502-21.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Vaccines stop you dying, they don’t stop you being ill. I’d rather not be ill, thanks.

Vaccines are great but we all know they aren't foolproof, we don't know who is and who isn't jabbed, I don't especially fancy getting sick and surely best not to risk giving the virus to others especially if you are on a rammed train. Common sense and common courtesy surely?

That's the point, isn't it?

If all around you are wearing masks, they are expelling far smaller quantities of 'nasties', so everyone is inhaling less 'nasties'. Work together as a team, protect your fellow Albion supporters.

Why would anyone not want to?

We've all spent our whole lives breathing in viruses and getting ill, that's why we've got an immune system. Nobody has ever cared about masks before it became a tool to prove on social media how much you care.

I'll take my chances, I might get ill, that's fine. Everyone else is welcome to make their own decision, if you want to wear a man that's fine, good luck to you :thumbsup:

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
We've all spent our whole lives breathing in viruses and getting ill, that's why we've got an immune system. Nobody has ever cared about masks before it became a tool to prove on social media how much you care.

I'll take my chances, I might get ill, that's fine. Everyone else is welcome to make their own decision, if you want to wear a man that's fine, good luck to you :thumbsup:

I guess you've never been to Asia, or visited an Asian neighbourhood.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Again, it's not all about you - that's the point. If you sticking a mask on for a few minutes in crowded areas reduces chances of other people contracting Covid from you and, even if the difference is negligible, and it just makes some people feel a bit more comfortable, why wouldn't you? People only care about themselves nowadays - just have a bit of consideration and do the easiest thing you could possibly do and pop a mask on, it won't be forever.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I guess you've never been to Asia, or visited an Asian neighbourhood.

I've seen a Chinese person snort up a big greenie and spit on the floor in Mumbai airport. I was a bit taken aback so googled it, a common cultural thing in China apparently. I'm not going to start doing that either!

Why don't we all ditch knives a forks and start eating with chopsticks?

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Who wears any old bit of cloth? I certainly don’t. I bought a box online high BFE, and PFE filtration triple layer masks.
I wear a mask to protect others from my germs.

I've seen plenty of people in supermarkets wearing any old stuff around their mouth - scraps of material, tea towels, bandanas - even jumpers.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Having already had Hong Kong flu and Asian flu very badly in my lifetime, I’d rather avoid getting ill.
Strangely, the Swine flu epidemic only affected younger people so I looked after my granddaughter when she was very ill. It was said at the time it was a similar variant to the 67/68 epidemic, which I’d had.

I've seen plenty of people in supermarkets wearing any old stuff around their mouth - scraps of material, tea towels, bandanas - even jumpers.

Which is why my husband does our shopping every week.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Having already had Hong Kong flu and Asian flu very badly in my lifetime, I’d rather avoid getting ill.
Strangely, the Swine flu epidemic only affected younger people so I looked after my granddaughter when she was very ill. It was said at the time it was a similar variant to the 67/68 epidemic, which I’d had.

And you're still here! Picking up viruses has always and will always be a fact of life. Sounds like getting the 67/68 variant might've given you some protection from swine flu if they are very similar.
We're there a load of people on social media (it doesn't happen IRL) grumbling, finger pointing and calling you stupid or selfish because you didn't have a mask at the time?

Which is why my husband does our shopping every week.

Again, I applaud you for taking sensible precautions based on your own situation. This along with the properly fitted filtration mask makes you unlikely to get covid.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Asian people have worn masks all year round on the subway in NYC for as long as I can remember

Speaking to an Asian women in our office she said they wear them even when they don't have any illness, it is a courtesy to other passengers

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Again, it's not all about you - that's the point. If you sticking a mask on for a few minutes in crowded areas reduces chances of other people contracting Covid from you and, even if the difference is negligible, and it just makes some people feel a bit more comfortable, why wouldn't you? People only care about themselves nowadays - just have a bit of consideration and do the easiest thing you could possibly do and pop a mask on, it won't be forever.
Which is of course the right answer, surely it’s common decency to consider others who are genuinely worried about this new virus and just pop a mask on. It’s not difficult is it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here