Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry I didn't mean it like that and thank you for ur suggestion. I just feel there is no way of being completely safe, so if people can't trust others then don't go.

Aye ….no way of being completely safe…nothing in life is..…as regards to the debate over it..well as you know there are a lot of opinions :wink:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Having a covid passport and a NHS letter is like an MOT certificate, yes at the time you/car passed, doesn't mean u don't have Covid or ur car is still safe. Surely its now down to trust, just like we trust the scientists that the vaccine is safe.

I would rather trust the scientists than Joe Public. As a consequence we are probably more cautious than the average person. Only been to football three times this season and I’m honestly not sure when we will go next.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Sorry I didn't mean it like that and thank you for ur suggestion. I just feel there is no way of being completely safe, so if people can't trust others then don't go.

There is no way of being completely safe if you leave the house basically. Forgetting the selfish and ignorant for a second, a number of double-jabbed and boosted people at whatever game you go to (or anywhere else you go) will have Covid, but won’t know it because they are asymptomatic and won’t have tested. It’s not even about trusting others necessarily.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
I would rather trust the scientists than Joe Public. As a consequence we are probably more cautious than the average person. Only been to football three times this season and I’m honestly not sure when we will go next.

Agreed, but can I ask this is no way dig at you but how do you feel about going shopping in a supermarket, I would have thought you had less chance of being infected at the football once away from the concourse and in your seat. It didn't take long for the shops to stop social distancing and now face coverings don't seem to be enforced.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
Agreed, but can I ask this is no way dig at you but how do you feel about going shopping in a supermarket, I would have thought you had less chance of being infected at the football once away from the concourse and in your seat. It didn't take long for the shops to stop social distancing and now face coverings don't seem to be enforced.

For a few months late Summer we returned to going to the supermarket. Now we are back to deliveries. Ironically we contracted Covid over Christmas and my wife is still testing positive. It’s a mild version though luckily. We either picked it up from our daughters or from the booster vaccination Centre. I’m not really saying that football is any riskier than other activities and tbh we have health reasons for not going. I’m glad we went to those three games and by arriving and leaving early we stayed safe.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
As an aside, covid passports were mandatory at WBA today. The steward asked for mine and we ended up having a conversation about my sons tin foil FA Cup as I tried to remember my NHS app password whilst I did so. This misdirection clearly foxed him as I wandered onwards without showing anything. As ever, it's all lip service bollox.

I suppose the bottom line of all this is that if you are worried about covid or have underlying health conditions, football grounds aren't the place for you at least for the time being.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
For a few months late Summer we returned to going to the supermarket. Now we are back to deliveries. Ironically we contracted Covid over Christmas and my wife is still testing positive. It’s a mild version though luckily. We either picked it up from our daughters or from the booster vaccination Centre. I’m not really saying that football is any riskier than other activities and tbh we have health reasons for not going. I’m glad we went to those three games and by arriving and leaving early we stayed safe.

Thank you for your honest answer, I hope that you and your wife recover soon, I wish you both good health in the future.

Just one more question what is the weirdest replacement item that you have had delivered?

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
With the end of 'Plan B' restrictions in England from 27th January, it will be interesting to see if the club relaxes its current rules on entry. Business' can continue with them if they wish, but I would expect football would be keen to return to pre-covid rules ASAP if they are having an impact on attendances.

Getting the scores/live football back on the screens would be a positive step too.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
From our next Premier League game away to Watford on February 12th, fans will no longer be required to show their COVID-19 status on entry at the Amex – but the Premier League is encouraging fans to continue with some COVID measures aimed at limiting the spread.

Premier League clubs today agreed to relax the entry requirements with immediate effect, when attending any Premier League match; and there will be no requirement to demonstrate COVID-19 status for our visit to Tottenham Hotspur in the Emirates FA Cup a week on Saturday.

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...id-restrictions-relaxed-with-immediate-effect

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here