Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[NSC] Vaccine passport required to enter Amex

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ha! Well I’ll tell my Dad he’s not coming this afternoon then !!

If you are fully vaccinated, have requested a paper COVID pass (which has no expiry date) from the nhs then that’s sufficient to pass the spot checks at the Amex.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/covid-pass/

https://www.brightonandhovealbion.c...ce-for-anyone-attending-the-amex-this-season/

There were no checks of any sort today (West Upper). I just scanned my ticket and went in. :mad:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
There were no checks of any sort today (West Upper). I just scanned my ticket and went in. :mad:

Yep. Sure there were probably thousands of spot checks in various places though - i was checked ! - but yes they've reverted to spot checks in line with PL guidance so it depends on queues, staff and time before kick off. (I don't think in any previous game they've aspired to check everyone either)

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
Do these passports really work?

I turned up at Swindon Town on Jan 1st having done a lateral flow in the morning all negative...went down with Covid 3 days later..they were checking (although not closley) all passes,

I'm starting to think they are pointless...Triple jabbed negative lateral flow and still get it.

I dont honestly think there is any real way to control the virus in sporting enviroments.

Yes I know its better if we are all jabbed I get that I just have lost faith in how the virus is controlled...

Now hoping I will get an updated pass in time for the Palace game as the helpline has just told me it can take a few days to update the App!!!

So I asked about the Govts new plan of testing after day 5 the nice lady told me you still cant upate the app until day 10.even if you produce 2 negative tests.....I did inform her that many work places like to use the app...( can you see the flaw)? Govt say you can go back on day 7 but wont provide the pass until after day 10..

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003

I turned up at Swindon Town on Jan 1st having done a lateral flow in the morning all negative...went down with Covid 3 days later..they were checking (although not closley) all passes,

I'm starting to think they are pointless...Triple jabbed negative lateral flow and still get it.

I dont honestly think there is any real way to control the virus in sporting enviroments.

Yes I know its better if we are all jabbed I get that I just have lost faith in how the virus is controlled...

Now hoping I will get an updated pass in time for the Palace game as the helpline has just told me it can take a few days to update the App!!!

So I asked about the Govts new plan of testing after day 5 the nice lady told me you still cant upate the app until day 10.even if you produce 2 negative tests.....I did inform her that many work places like to use the app...( can you see the flaw)? Govt say you can go back on day 7 but wont provide the pass until after day 10..

You can just use the proof of a negative LFT instead of the covid pass providing the LFT was taken within 48 hours of the Palace game. Easiest thing to do if the app hasn't updated for you, take an LFT the morning of the game before you travel, report it and show the text/email confirmation if challenged.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead

I agree with you about the app. It doesn’t really work as it should. The inability to enter a code for a negative result, particularly after the 6 days) being a good example. As is the lack of any recognition of the booster jab. As to you contracting the virus at a football match I would say there is a fair chance that is because it is so easy to cheat the system. Just declare a negative result on the NHS website in order to generate the magic e Mail that gets you into football, nightclubs etc. This is why they should only be accepting vaccine passports and not test results.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
You can just use the proof of a negative LFT instead of the covid pass providing the LFT was taken within 48 hours of the Palace game. Easiest thing to do if the app hasn't updated for you, take an LFT the morning of the game before you travel, report it and show the text/email confirmation if challenged.

If that is legal I might have to do that if the app dont update and Im clear..

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
I agree with you about the app. It doesn’t really work as it should. The inability to enter a code for a negative result, particularly after the 6 days) being a good example. As is the lack of any recognition of the booster jab. As to you contracting the virus at a football match I would say there is a fair chance that is because it is so easy to cheat the system. Just declare a negative result on the NHS website in order to generate the magic e Mail that gets you into football, nightclubs etc. This is why they should only be accepting vaccine passports and not test results.

I really dnt understand or think anyone SHOULD cheat the system, Im sure it happens, but imagine the pressure the checkers are under just doing spot checks, they dont have time to closley peruse every pass for dates and names etc.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

The booster jab is shown on the App

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
But the stewards don't check the expiry date on you downloaded passport.
They only last 30 days, and I know of fans that have entered the Amex with out of date codes,
Once the steward sees the square barcode, they just wave you through.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
They only last 30 days, and I know of fans that have entered the Amex with out of date codes,

I guess because PL clubs weren’t prepared to invest in scanners. They would rather spend the tv billions on Bentleys for over rated teenagers.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

The scrutiny of passes for the spot checks is naturally varied. They are after all mindful of getting fans into the venue by a fixed time and most won’t be checked at all. (They don’t have time and don’t have to per guidance) . That said club also do more in depth checks at ticket office when they select ticket holders at random pre match / deactivate tickets / before allowing admittance . So I’d bear that in mind before sharing advice like this…

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

It’s the prospect of getting checked, plus the appearance of random checks, that means the vast majority comply. A small % of selfish turds circumventing the system and risking not getting in or losing their season tickets doesn’t change that, nor materially impact the risk for those attending.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
The scrutiny of passes for the spot checks is naturally varied. They are after all mindful of getting fans into the venue by a fixed time and most won’t be checked at all. (They don’t have time and don’t have to per guidance) . That said club also do more in depth checks at ticket office when they select ticket holders at random pre match / deactivate tickets / before allowing admittance . So I’d bear that in mind before sharing advice like this…

Why don’t the stewards scan Covid passes to check they’re valid though? It takes seconds, more reliable than a human and much quicker….this will at weed out those who are using an expired pass.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Why don’t the stewards scan Covid passes to check they’re valid though? It takes seconds, more reliable than a human and much quicker….this will at weed out those who are using an expired pass.

Maybe the stuff of Barber future dreams, tho for now he's lumbered with stewards who are human

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I mean, I like to moan, but my god there's a lot of nonsense in this thread. Of course the practice of checking Covid passes is going to vary from ground to ground, steward to steward, and the chances are some will be thorough and some aren't.

I can't say I've ever felt the need to write on TripAdvisor whether a country has a passport control that barely looks at my passport, or one that spends 45 seconds eyeing me up and down before letting me through

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I mean, I like to moan, but my god there's a lot of nonsense in this thread. Of course the practice of checking Covid passes is going to vary from ground to ground, steward to steward, and the chances are some will be thorough and some aren't.

I can't say I've ever felt the need to write on TripAdvisor whether a country has a passport control that barely looks at my passport, or one that spends 45 seconds eyeing me up and down before letting me through

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Precisely……….surprising how many fail to click that the point is you check requirements before you go and make sure you have complied, because you know it could be a right ballache if you are checked and you haven’t. That’s how random sampling works :shrug:

Also (although not relevant to football) in your example it’s highly likely your docs were checked before you took off (that’s how Covid checks re working), because if you’re refused entry at the other end it also becomes a ballache for the airline that took you there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here