Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

us Saints fan love the Albion

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think it might have been the flying elbow into the face that got him sent off

It wasn't a proper elbow at all though was it? It was a leading arm. He's clearly looking at the ball. There's clearly no malice whatsoever. What the f*** is Saints KEEPER doing running over to escalate the situation, if not to try and get him sent off? Bunch of cheats.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea
It wasn't a proper elbow at all though was it? It was a leading arm. He's clearly looking at the ball. There's clearly no malice whatsoever. What the f*** is Saints KEEPER doing running over to escalate the situation, if not to try and get him sent off? Bunch of cheats.

Still dangerous play though - whether we agree with it or not, it's the action not the intent that matters these days

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Still dangerous play though - whether we agree with it or not, it's the action not the intent that matters these days

But ultimately, it was the Saints players surrounding the ref that got him sent off. If not, why wasn't the card out earlier? Sometimes refs don't see the incident well, and must have to partially go on the reaction of the players surrounding.

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
But ultimately, it was the Saints players surrounding the ref that got him sent off. If not, why wasn't the card out earlier? Sometimes refs don't see the incident well, and must have to partially go on the reaction of the players surrounding.

Whether they influenced the Ref wasn't really the point mind. It's that they are clearly trying to influence the Ref. Something that they've often accused us off, but clearly are not immune to themselves. It's not even a massive dig at Saints, every club does it, I just think they're particularly harsh in their judgements of us and Poyet.

fire&skill

Killer-Diller
Jan 17, 2009
Shoreham-by-Sea

I can't disagree with that but I'm sure there are many more times when a referee dishes out a yellow in similar circumstances when the crowd are doing a mantra of 'OFF OFF OFF' and the players are calling for a red. In this case, and with the benefit of slo-mo replays from eight different angles, I thought it was a yellow but the referee doesn't have that luxury in the split second it happened.

Of course, if somebody does it to one of ours tonight I shall be baying for their blood and all sense of liberalism and decency will be lost . . . .

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill

redneb

Oct 28, 2009
Burgess Hill
I'm sorry but Lallana's reaction to the brush of the cheek is hilarious - he looks EXACTLY like a 6 year old at nursery saying "he hit me!"

If that's a slap, then you lot really are the biggest bunch of softies ever to grace the planet.

Thats my point. It was a brush and he didnt act like it was a slap.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Thats my point. It was a brush and he didnt act like it was a slap.

He cries like a girl about it when he shouldn't say anything, and it DOES look for a split second like he considers going down then thinks against it - "No, I'll save my cheating MASTERPIECE for later in the game!"

saintquin

Apr 13, 2010
Good luck tonight and Saturday. You've go a great home record this year and for obvious reasons I hope this continuse tonight. From what I've seen of Reading they will try to stop you playing your usual passing game by closing you down quick and high up the picth (obvious I know). So I hope your team can find a way round that and at grab a point or 3!

Saintquin!

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Good luck tonight and Saturday. You've go a great home record this year and for obvious reasons I hope this continuse tonight. From what I've seen of Reading they will try to stop you playing your usual passing game by closing you down quick and high up the picth (obvious I know). So I hope your team can find a way round that and at grab a point or 3!

Saintquin!
Yep, we'll try and get their main man sent off.......works a treat usually :wink:

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
Hardly a good example. His elbow made sharp contact to a very painful area. I would stay down if someone did that to me.

If you'd read my following posts, I have no issue with the decision itself, or the player who went down. Your other players did massivly react and surround the ref though. All clubs do it, I'm not saying its only Saints, I just think its a bit hypocritical when you lot acuse us of such gamesmanship. Everyone does it.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
If you'd read my following posts, I have no issue with the decision itself, or the player who went down. Your other players did massivly react and surround the ref though. All clubs do it, I'm not saying its only Saints, I just think its a bit hypocritical when you lot acuse us of such gamesmanship. Everyone does it.

Spot on. If Saints fans think we are a dirty team then they will be in for a shock against Reading. I was expecting some free flowing footie from the Royals but right from the start they were niggling, all elbows, shoves and moaning at the Ref. Jason Roberts was in the Refs face throughout the whole match and constantly testing the limit of the Ref's patience with his old pro's tricks. They tried to bully us but to our credit we did not rise to them. Yes the El-Abd v. Roberts tussle was titanic (topical) and right on the edge but never quite got out of hand. El-Abd was a deserving MoM. But for me it was great to see Vicente's sublime skills allowing him to sidestep various robust Reading challenges and for a latin player not to react to some of these was pure class. Vicente knew he had the beating of them anytime he liked - eventually they caught him late on, but by then he made several of their prospective Premiership players look ordinary. OK it was disappointing to lose when we had so many good chances but I still enjoyed how we played some great footie right up to the final whistle. It may be a contradiction but the manner of that defeat was very positive considering how we have played of late.

Cars

Feb 13, 2012
Haywards Heath
Think southampton will do brilliantly next season in the premiership.

Adkins is an amazing manager and a true credit to English football. I wouldn't be surprised if they're challenging for the champions league.

Lambert loves the club, and is bound to stay even if they get relegated in the first season (which they won't, because they have Adkins).

Speaking of Adkins, I'm sure his going to be loyal and stay if they have a successful season and he gets head hunted.

God bless Southampton.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here