Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Up to 18 Albion staff to lose jobs.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Leave him alone, it is interesting to hear a different perspective and what he says is right, we all know that we have too many stewards outside the ground, it's been obvious from day one at the AMEX.

I would add to that there are way too many staff in 1901. I don't need someone to open the door for me and another person to say hello. Complete waste of money.

Well thank-you Giraffe. I thought it was a valid point, that's all.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
I'm stunned that nobody has suggested the possibility that this could be 17 stewards and one senior position :angel:

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
The very reason the club has to waste money on these stewards is people like yourself ignoring the parking restrictions.

Well yes, I understand what you are saying but I drive to away grounds all over the country and I have never experienced the level of draconian parking restrictions that there are at the Amex. Everywhere else you go you can park within a reasonable walking distance of the ground. I have to say that the transport infrastructure around the Amex is woeful and I'm sure that, if they could have built it again, they would have recognised and improved this problem.

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Well yes, I understand what you are saying but I drive to away grounds all over the country and I have never experienced the level of draconian parking restrictions that there are at the Amex. Everywhere else you go you can park within a reasonable walking distance of the ground. I have to say that the transport infrastructure around the Amex is woeful and I'm sure that, if they could have built it again, they would have recognised and improved this problem.

Much of it was dictated by local authorities as a condition of the planning application. Not ideal for anyone, but there were no other viable sites.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham

Was it not a condition of planning permission ?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
There may be too many Stewards but I doubt it is any Matchday staff that they are taking about. Its the day to day running of a business that incur losses not what happens for 4 hours one day every other week. I've been trying to get people here to understand for ages that it might look like we are making loads of money on Beer and food but we are not when you look at the cost to run the Amex seven days a week and thats without playing staff wages which probably is the biggest wage bill.

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
Much of it was dictated by local authorities as a condition of the planning application. Not ideal for anyone, but there were no other viable sites.

I understand that and I remember at the time on here there was a little thing below your username as to whether you wanted Falmer or not. I had 'yes' under mine. Little did I know the grief there would be surrounding driving to a match there! Anyway, it's not a problem for me now I suppose. :smile:

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
. I have to say that the transport infrastructure around the Amex is woeful .
So, multiple car parks, multiple on site bus options,... a train station 100m from the ground, a major dual carriageway 100m from the ground,....... I see what you mean, woeful transport infrastructure, who wouldn't agree with you?!

essexeagle

Jul 22, 2004
So, multiple car parks, multiple on site bus options,... a train station 100m from the ground, a major dual carriageway 100m from the ground,....... I see what you mean, woeful transport infrastructure, who wouldn't agree with you?!

What are we meant to do, fling ourselves out on the dual carriageway at 60mph?

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

For someone who's gone to the trouble of not only registering on but infesting your rivals forum you know very little about our 14 year fight to the the Amex. Try reading build a bonfire poppet. Are you new to palace? Are you in fact plastic?

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Leave him alone, it is interesting to hear a different perspective and what he says is right, we all know that we have too many stewards outside the ground, it's been obvious from day one at the AMEX.

I would add to that there are way too many staff in 1901. I don't need someone to open the door for me and another person to say hello. Complete waste of money.

We also outsource those lovely women who give 1901ers the programme. They're a company based in London, I fully expect them to be shafted. Never did I understand why we had them.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here