Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two trialists playing for DS tonight

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
March was never with the club and let go, before re-signing for us, this only happened with Grant Hall.

I remember March playing for us in a reserve or youth game at Worthing, I could have sworn it was at least 3 or 4 years ago, certainly pre-Amex, when did March sign for us? Dick Knight was there and waxing lyrical about him then, saying he was an excellent prospect for the future.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
I remember March playing for us in a reserve or youth game at Worthing, I could have sworn it was at least 3 or 4 years ago, certainly pre-Amex, when did March sign for us? Dick Knight was there and waxing lyrical about him then, saying he was an excellent prospect for the future.

Your reply makes no sense, not sure what you mean at all.

March signed for us at 16/17 he was offered a pro deal along with JFC others there age where only offered apprenterships, such as Goodwin, who then went on to offered a Pro contract.

Grant Hall, was with the albion, however then released, after he was released he played for Lewes, we then re-signed him from Lewes and offered him a Pro contract, this never happened with Solly, since he signed for us he has never been released.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
My memory may be out, sorry. We saw March playing for the Albion in a game a at Woodside Road, we asked Dick Knight who he was as he had a really good game, I thought it was longer ago than 2011.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Whats our scouts like? Remember reading last year about Newcastle scouts who kept getting French talent and not just youngsters but plucking unknowns french players or players playing in the French league who have never been heard of before and becoming in demand players for Prem teams. Do we have many scouts working for us and do ours just cover certain regions or are they global as well.

The Albion Roar show with Burke talks about exactly this.

Dig it out the archives and have a listen. It's quite astonishing.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I must admit I thought that March was with us at a young age and then left.

So did I , his wikipedia entry gives the impression we simply signed him from Lewes but I think he was on the Albion's books as a youngster but let go. I think AZ Gull will be able to clarify as he is a statto when it comes to the Albion players.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Is there a link?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here