Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Two trialists playing for DS tonight

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Got to say, if my surname was Hunte, the last thing I'd be doing is giving my offspring a first name beginning with C.

Parents eh? I've just been to my doctors and the computerized voice called for a Desiree Freelove. All eyes were on this elderly lady as she walked to the Doctor's door.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Tried to sign Hunte on FM every season, always goes to a prem team

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Since being released last summer Hunte has indeed been at Premier League clubs I believe he has had trials at Man City and Liverpool among others before heading our way.

Tragic when kids waste the talent to do what countless others would give everything for.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Attachments

• U21 11.jpg
    U21 11.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 802
  • U21 22.jpg
    U21 22.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 848

albion534

Mar 4, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
what annoys me about Agustien is that, the talents clearly there, why cant these players fight for a place, instead of rotting in the reserves and moaning they dont get a chance

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
Young men who think they're all that and who start with a bad attitude rarely change their approach until they're around 25/26 (if ever) in my experience. I'd really rather we didn't go for players who have a history of sufficiently bad behaviour that they're released for that reason and not because they're not good enough. Agustein's worked out well for us, after all, hasn't he?

This isnt a comment on this particular player, as I dont know him but ........

I tend to be with you on this, I wonder which current young player he might be stopping progressing.

Just a general point, I guess our own Academy at present is questioning the attitude and conduct of some wayward 14 year old, perhaps even releasing him before he even gets going, coaches congratulating themselves as to the necessary discipline needed for a young player to progress within the club, Mums and Dad's take note they think, then as all clubs they look to sign the exact same character higher up the tiers.

The inconsistencies within the game never really surprises me.

BigGully

Sep 8, 2006
:lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Since being released last summer Hunte has indeed been at Premier League clubs I believe he has had trials at Man City and Liverpool among others before heading our way.

Tragic when kids waste the talent to do what countless others would give everything for.

When any young player reaches a certain level of competency then their attitude is key, some coaches think perhaps even the most important part.

Some players just cannot deliver on this part of the game, its as important as having great technique.

Its a bit like saying he wasted his talent because he couldnt control the football.

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Just a general point, I guess our own Academy at present is questioning the attitude and conduct of some wayward 14 year old, perhaps even releasing him before he even gets going, coaches congratulating themselves as to the necessary discipline needed for a young player to progress within the club, Mums and Dad's take note they think, then as all clubs they look to sign the exact same character higher up the tiers.

The inconsistencies within the game never really surprises me.

Yes. I bet we have released a spotty, irritating 14-year old for, say, arrogance and then recruited a 19-year-old with the same issues, only with a further 5 years of "development" of his attitude!

We fans sometimes don't help of course. We, like the club, want success on the pitch and are prepared to overlook character defects that we wouldn't in "normal" life. Take Suarez for example. I totally deplore his attitude, his personality and his public statements. I wouldn't deign to speak to him in "normal" life. Would I like him to play for us? Errrr, you bet!

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
This Hunte is seventeen years old though.

To a greater or lesser degree, I bet most of us could look back at our seventeen (or fourteen, fifteen, say) year old selves and be somewhat embarrassed about the stuff we said and did.

No club will give players a chance forever, but equally, I wouldn't say we shouldn't have a look at this kid simply because Chelsea perceived- probably rightly- that he was a bit big time. It might be that he's never ever given a thought to anything other than the fact that he was going to make the big time with Chelsea, and the fact that he now isn't will be the kick in the arse he needs. Let's face it, if you're driving a BMW at that age and happy to have all your mates think you're the local hero, then being binned off will be something of a grounding exercise.

Might work, might not, but no harm in looking.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
We're getting very good at picking up scraps from Premier League clubs. Be nice to see some of our 'own' come through in the next few years.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
We're getting very good at picking up scraps from Premier League clubs. Be nice to see some of our 'own' come through in the next few years.

Like Dunk**, March* and Forster-Caskey, you mean?

*yes I know we signed March from Lewes.

**and that Dunk was originally in the Wimbledon kids.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Signing kids from Lewes is perfectly acceptable: Southampton signed Lallana from Bournemouth at 12 years old, and paid a fee for him. Imagine a club offering money for you at twelve :ohmy:

Bournemouth still have a 25% sell on clause from that deal. Nice business (though I guess agreeing to that when he was an unknown kid is a risk in itself, given the statistical probability at that age that he'd not make it).

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

Your asterisks were going to be my reply as I knew a response like that was coming :lolol:

March I don't think we can really count as 'ours', but Dunk we probably can.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
It could well be something bred into them at a young age at Chelsea of being superior. My brothers mate has a son who has been at Chelsea since he was 5 and now about 16 but when in the U10s they complained that when they played CPFC U10s at Palace training ground the pitch wasnt good enough, under 10s getting above themselves

Just had a thought brother is in Philipines on holiday must email to ask his mates name could even be him

grummitts gloves

Dec 30, 2008
West Sussex, la,la,la
Signing kids from Lewes is perfectly acceptable: Southampton signed Lallana from Bournemouth at 12 years old, and paid a fee for him. Imagine a club offering money for you at twelve :ohmy:

Bournemouth still have a 25% sell on clause from that deal. Nice business (though I guess agreeing to that when he was an unknown kid is a risk in itself, given the statistical probability at that age that he'd not make it).

There's a 12 year old local kid I know who was at QPR. Apparently Albion have paid QPR a fee for him.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
One of them is Connor Hunte, who is ex-Chelsea midfielder who played for England U17 and was wanted by Man City at one point, but was released:

"Standards at their Cobham training centre have been ordered to improve already following the dramatic release of midfielder Connor Hunte. The England Under-17 star had been earmarked as a future first team potential, but he has been allowed to leave because of serious concerns about his attitude and discipline."

Could be really useful if he has learned his lesson there.

Former Southampton youth captain Tom Leggett is the other one, he is a CB.

Sounds promising.

A right-back, according to the Saints site.

http://www.saintsfc.co.uk/team/academy/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here