Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Interesting that Connor Hunte was taken off the last update of FM.... ooops

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Anyone know why Southampton released this lad?

Surplus to requirements?

The right back from the year BELOW (?) him, Chambers, is currently in their first team, and they have another excellent young right back in Clyne. You can't keep them all.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Surplus to requirements?

The right back from the year BELOW (?) him, Chambers, is currently in their first team, and they have another excellent young right back in Clyne. You can't keep them all.

That wouldn't make sense to me, if he was good enough, why just give him away, when a fee could be raised for him at a later date?

Most players that will be released will be done as theey will not be good enough.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Something to watch tonight. 7pm on Youtube.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Surplus to requirements?

I'd love to know where they keep getting these players from because they can't all be born and lived in Southampton. I'd love our new academy to pump out good players like Saints do.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Your asterisks were going to be my reply as I knew a response like that was coming :lolol:

March I don't think we can really count as 'ours', but Dunk we probably can.

Wasn't March with us then released so went to Lewes and we re-signed him from there? Probably okay to count him as our product.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'd love to know where they keep getting these players from because they can't all be born and lived in Southampton. I'd love our new academy to pump out good players like Saints do.

They're not.

Walcott was from Newbury
Bale from Wales
Ward-Prowse is Pompey
AOC - Portsmouth
Luke Shaw is from london
Lallana from Bournemouth

I think Chambers is local.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Thanks Hans. All I can say is they must have brilliant scouts to find these talented youngters.

Absolutely

There is a very real skill in seeing the potential in very young players.

They signed AOC at the age of just 7, swooped for the 12 year old Lallana, and they signed Shaw at 8, after he'd been released from a Chelsea kids group.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Isn't part of the idea of spending so much on the training ground that the higher grading you get for the operation, the further you can cast your net and offer young players terms in your academy. Also I think you can gain funding from the FA if you develop English players.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Absolutely

There is a very real skill in seeing the potential in very young players.

They signed AOC at the age of just 7, swooped for the 12 year old Lallana, and they signed Shaw at 8, after he'd been released from a Chelsea kids group.

Whats our scouts like? Remember reading last year about Newcastle scouts who kept getting French talent and not just youngsters but plucking unknowns french players or players playing in the French league who have never been heard of before and becoming in demand players for Prem teams. Do we have many scouts working for us and do ours just cover certain regions or are they global as well.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Thanks Hans. All I can say is they must have brilliant scouts to find these talented youngters.

I wonder if there's anyone in particular who ran SCCs scouting system, maybe that's someone we should recruit. Oh.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here