Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Remind me again because I’ve lost track of this circus. Plan B = work from home and face masks in public? It is not full lockdown?

masks and certificates. WFH optional.
https://www.gov.uk/government/publi...covid-19-response-autumn-and-winter-plan-2021

The Government’s Plan B prioritises measures which can help control transmission of the virus while seeking to minimise economic and social impacts. This includes:

a. Communicating clearly and urgently to the public that the level of risk has increased, and with it the need to behave more cautiously.
b. Introducing mandatory vaccine-only COVID-status certification in certain settings.
c. Legally mandating face coverings in certain settings.
The Government would also consider asking people once again to work from home if they can, for a limited period. The Government recognises this causes more disruption and has greater immediate costs to the economy and some businesses than the other Plan B interventions, so a final decision would be made based on the data at the time.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
The deflections have begun, I do wonder how often people offering these up are plants? Clearly sometimes. I've just listened to a bloke on R5 saying we should be focussing on the lenient sentences for 'Arthurs' killers and illegal immigration! I was just left shaking my head. You'll see plenty on here telling us all politicians are the same and there'll be those trying to deride Starmer, the pattern is always the same.

Surely not

PMQs should be entertaining today, anyway.

Ah, sorry - just remembered who the leader of the opposition is. Best leave it on ITV for This Morning.

Oh ....

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It'll be interesting if this is finally what does for him. We've had:lying to the Queen, Dominic Cummings and Barnard Castle, the refurbishment of number 10, the holidays and whoever has been paying for them, being diplomatically atrocious and a liability internationally, the PPE scandal enriching his mates, the regular poor decisions about lockdowns, more u-turns than any other government in memory, Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe, school dinners, B*exit not delivering what he promised...but I think that might be why he survives this too...it's been relentless failure and flagrant dishonesty throughout - he'd already resigned from two jobs for lying before he was even made PM - and nothing has stuck yet.

Generally speaking these type of political leaders are going nowhere unless a lot of people go out on the streets and protest. Will you?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
an apology, "i've been assured there was no party", cabinet office to investigate.

be interesting if opposition tries to blugeon anymore. where's the horse emote?

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
Someone just needs to ask him to release a list of those there

There will be CCTV footage and sign in books.

it'll be the staff in on the day. maybe see some people leave to draw a line.

Starmer running through rehersed argument without any real weight, papers will run the apology and investigation, will be bored of it by Friday.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This is fascinating to watch. Teflon Boris will come through, he always does. That's how gaslighting works

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003

Starmer running through rehersed argument without any real weight, papers will run the apology and investigation, will be bored of it by Friday.

It appears some people are desperately hoping so ???

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
Good luck with getting the nation to follow the new rules.

This.

Above all the hypocrisy, the 'do as I say, not as I do' mentality, this is the key point in all of this, the latest in a long line of public relations debacles.

I would love to be a fly on the wall in Conservative central office, to see the contortions the spin doctors are discussing, hoping to limit the damage.

Let's all hope the nation doesn't need to follow any new rules, and that Omicron is less severe than we feared, otherwise we are in trouble.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
Playing politics = Calling out lies, corruption and unlawful acts

D

Deleted member 22389

:thumbsup:

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Politics For All
@PoliticsForAlI
Police cars revolving lightPolice cars revolving lightPolice cars revolving light | BREAKING: It has now been revealed there were at least THREE different Downing Street parties - including one in Boris Johnson’s flat - while the rest of the U.K. was in Lockdown

Looks like more is coming

beorhthelm

Jul 21, 2003
at least SNP chap moved it on a bit and asked the backbenchers to react.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here