Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
He didn’t apologise for the party, he apologised for the offence it caused and the impression it made.

There’s a world of difference.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
He didn’t apologise for the party, he apologised for the offence it caused and the impression it made.

There’s a world of difference.

He actually apologised for a the offence caused by press conference rehearsal that referred to the party, whilst still denying that the party took place.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
He actually apologised for a the offence caused by press conference rehearsal that referred to the party, whilst still denying that the party took place.

yes, we still await the investigation in to whether was a party or not :rolleyes:
people will hear an apology was made though and not worry much about the detail.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
And he just gets away with it, it doesn't matter what he's asked, he can just reply "they're playing politics, we're getting on with it".

He's a disgrace of a politician and an embarrassment of a prime minister.

And there's seemingly nothing we can do to hold him to account.

You can put a cross next to someone's name in a few years time. And every 4 years, rinse and repeat.

See, Western Democracy is wonderful like that. So much power given to the people. I think we should kill even more people abroad so we can continue to export this wonderful freedom loving model.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
So it seems there were three separate parties, including one in the PMs personal flat, which were held on 13/11, 27/11 and 18/12. The Cabinet Secretary is being asked to investigate the last one only, which coincidentally is also the one which Boris Johnson might not have attended. But I'm sure that's all a big coincidence.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
How long before anarchy followed by military on the streets?

Given the amount of crap the nation has taken and come back for more I'd say it'll be a few decades before anarchy and military on the streets.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So it seems there were three separate parties, including one in the PMs personal flat, which were held on 13/11, 27/11 and 18/12. The Cabinet Secretary is being asked to investigate the last one only, which coincidentally is also the one which Boris Johnson might not have attended. But I'm sure that's all a big coincidence.

What is the source for this? Aside from that god awful PoliticsForAll twitter account that is. I see Blackford raised it in Parliament.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
What is the source for this? Aside from that god awful PoliticsForAll twitter account that is. I see Blackford raised it in Parliament.
Leaks to the press from insiders. There was definitely a leaving do in November which Boris Johnson gave a speech at, even commentating how full the room was.

The press even know whose leaving do it was.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Cummings has posted on Twitter regarding the party in the flst and also raised questions about the "bubble" policy.

The last allegarion already out there as alledgely a friend was round for Christmas.

That's never been cleared up either.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
This thread seems to be devoid of people defending Boris. Unusual seeing that the Tories are only 3 points behind Labour in the polls? Will conservative voters still vote Tory if Johnson is in charge at the next election?

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Maybe Douglas 'Dougie' Smith organised the party.

He has previous.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
This thread seems to be devoid of people defending Boris. Unusual seeing that the Tories are only 3 points behind Labour in the polls? Will conservative voters still vote Tory if Johnson is in charge at the next election?

I guess that will depend on the alternative.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Cummings has posted on Twitter regarding the party in the flst and also raised questions about the "bubble" policy.

The last allegarion already out there as alledgely a friend was round for Christmas.

That's never been cleared up either.

13th November was the day that Cummings left no 10, His leaving do, perhaps?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
The timing is just right, they’d have known by last weekend new regulations are coming.
Likely WFH and Covid passports.
I raised an eyebrow when I went for my booster last week. My first jab wasn’t on my NHS record and the admin guy was very insistent that it was vital I got that corrected straight away, making me think passports are on the way.
If you want to drive the Tory poll count through the floor and incite a vote of no confidence , that was the perfect time to leak a video clip of them laughing about breaking the rules, that you’ve been sat on for almost a year.
The pieces are in play. The game is afoot!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Someone just needs to ask him to release a list of those there

There will be CCTV footage and sign in books.

Not sure that would be particularly effective - it sounds like many of those there were Downing Street staffers, most/all of which will have been working that day.

Additionally, any of the other comings-and-goings could be for legitimate work, meetings etc.

It'a also possible any of those who were in Number 10 were working and didn't attend the party - reports suggest that Johnson was one of them, other than briefly saying a few "Merry Christmas and thanks for all your work" type words.

It might need someone to whistleblow. Shame Dirty Dom had already jumped ship at that point...

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
He got Brexit done.

Except he hasn't. There are more restrictions yet to come on imports in 2022, and Lord Frost (unelected bureaucrat) isn't happy with the Northern Ireland protocol that Lord Frost negotiated.
The effects will rumble on for years, so nothing is done, except to create an unholy mess that nobody likes.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I cant see how he is allowed to get away with all his lies and hypocrisy. I honestly don't get how he gets away with it, can some one explain it to me?

Yes. For many he got Brexit done and has introduced world beating Covid vaccination, and if Jeremy Corbyn were in charge we'd be going cap in hand to the IMF, and the nation would be swamped with illegal Muslim terrorists.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here