Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Tory meltdown finally arrived [was: incoming]...

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Not sure that would be particularly effective - it sounds like many of those there were Downing Street staffers, most/all of which will have been working that day.

Additionally, any of the other comings-and-goings could be for legitimate work, meetings etc.

It'a also possible any of those who were in Number 10 were working and didn't attend the party - reports suggest that Johnson was one of them, other than briefly saying a few "Merry Christmas and thanks for all your work" type words.

It might need someone to whistleblow. Shame Dirty Dom had already jumped ship at that point...

I'm sure the Cabinet Secretary and Head of the Home Civil Service will get to the bottom of it.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Except he hasn't. There are more restrictions yet to come on imports in 2022, and Lord Frost (unelected bureaucrat) isn't happy with the Northern Ireland protocol that Lord Frost negotiated.
The effects will rumble on for years, so nothing is done, except to create an unholy mess that nobody likes.

I am hoping that [MENTION=16399]pb21[/MENTION] was being ironic.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Good golly gosh. So, #10 spokesperson refuses to confirm whether or not Simon Case (the man tasked with running the "independent" investigation of Dec 18 party) attended the party himself.

They just can't help themselves, can they?!

Edit: snap, beaten to it :D

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Yes. For many he got Brexit done and has introduced world beating Covid vaccination, and if Jeremy Corbyn were in charge we'd be going cap in hand to the IMF, and the nation would be swamped with illegal Muslim terrorists.

I think this is the thing, Boris has delivered on a couple of key items: He delivered (albeit an awful) Brexit and a Covid vaccine (which his party are slowly squandering). This is deemed more important than all of the catalogue of catastrophic U-Turns, failures of governance, sleaze and double standards because the hypothetical threat of the "what if Corbyn" merchants trumps all.

To me, and I am definitively not a Corbyn fan, I cannot understand how anyone would think that Boris is the best option any more against anyone.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Except he hasn't. There are more restrictions yet to come on imports in 2022, and Lord Frost (unelected bureaucrat) isn't happy with the Northern Ireland protocol that Lord Frost negotiated.
The effects will rumble on for years, so nothing is done, except to create an unholy mess that nobody likes.

I am hoping that [MENTION=16399]pb21[/MENTION] was being ironic.

Yes, it was an attempt at irony. However, despite what [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] says, which is essentially correct, they are 'minor details' and ultimately he can say he got Brexit done.

By getting Brexit done, johnson has effectively got an infinite number of points in the **** up bank to pay for getting out of any jail for any crime. Not only that, but his points balance is regularly accruing interest up by continuing to wind up remoaners and woke snowflakes.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I think this is the thing, Boris has delivered on a couple of key items: He delivered (albeit an awful) Brexit and a Covid vaccine (which his party are slowly squandering). This is deemed more important than all of the catalogue of catastrophic U-Turns, failures of governance, sleaze and double standards because the hypothetical threat of the "what if Corbyn" merchants trumps all.

To me, and I am definitively not a Corbyn fan, I cannot understand how anyone would think that Boris is the best option any more against anyone.

Yes - the "but Corbyn would've been worse" argument looks pitifully weak now.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009

Was going to post this myself. Brexit is not done, the 'talking' is still going on. The oven ready deal still needs a few minutes in the microwave yet to get finished off.

Ironically NI (which voted to remain btw) has boomed with the introduction of the protocol and it very much looks like the government will ruin their good fortune too.

It's a shame that the Got Brexit done narrative has not been suitably challenged by the opposition.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Senior Scottish Tories openly laying into the PM's handling of this. Will be a large dose of self-preservation and fear about how this could hand Sturgeon an Indyref2 boost.

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
Write to your MP especially if your MP is a Conservative the PM must resign, enough is enough, unless we the public express our views nothing will change

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Even the vaccinations are dubious now. All the boosters are Pfizer or Moderna.

Audax

Boing boing boing...
Aug 3, 2015
Uckfield
Johnson might be forced to withdraw his dead cat before he can put it on the table:

[tweet]1468578867745021954[/tweet]

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yes, it was an attempt at irony. However, despite what [MENTION=14365]Thunder Bolt[/MENTION] says, which is essentially correct, they are 'minor details' and ultimately he can say he got Brexit done.

By getting Brexit done, johnson has effectively got an infinite number of points in the **** up bank to pay for getting out of any jail for any crime. Not only that, but his points balance is regularly accruing interest up by continuing to wind up remoaners and woke snowflakes.

Try to remember to put words like this in inverted commas or people will start thinking you may be a broflake gammon ???

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Write to your MP especially if your MP is a Conservative the PM must resign, enough is enough, unless we the public express our views nothing will change

I emailed my MP, Sir John Redwood about it this morning and got some cut and past drivel as a response. I know it was a cut and past, because it answered none of my questions.

Does not change my opion of him anyway as I always thought he was a **nt.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011

Been there, done that. I would be better off talking to the dead cat than Nus Ghani.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here