Tony Bloom to take over? [Merged threads]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
There are TWO Blooms with significant shareholdings.

Not significant enough to be a real worry, to me anyway, yet but would buying Dick's shares be a requisite of Tony Bloom taking over? If the two Blooms between then held a majority shareholding I would be concerned, however much they are putting into the club. If I read it right, taking over DK's shares would give them a total of 42.91% which although not a majority would only need one of two of the other shareholders to throw in their lot with them for them to control over 50%

I guess it may just be the price we have to pay for the money being pumped in.

Last edited:

forumwayseagull

Oct 22, 2005
Rochester kent
I only hope it means a proper investment of money throughout the club.....

Ie Playing side AND a clarification of the Falmer funding....(as indicated in the NOW article)

Control of a football club isn't about shareholdings and votes at board meetings. It's about how the people with the power go about the job.

Undoubtedly it's his money that gives Tony Bloom the power. So far, he's remained silent. Until he says something, we don't know what he's planning. And we have no idea at all about how good he might be at heading up a complex business like a football club.

robbo2u

Feb 25, 2009
West Sussex
Tony Bloom to take over from Dick Knight...

Not sure whether this is true, a rumour or crap but would be that bigger suprise? From News Of The World

TONY IS BLOOM-ING GOOD
Millionaire poker star is betting on Brighton

By ROB BEASLEY, 16/05/2009
GAMBLER Tony Bloom will be the man holding all the aces at Brighton next season.

And the 39-year-old millionaire poker star and football betting expert is set to take over control of the club from long-serving chairman Dick Knight.

The man nicknamed The Lizard - friends say he has got 'alligator blood' - is ready to use the fortune he has made from gambling to bankroll Brighton.

Top of Bloom's agenda is to spearhead the £60million switch to a new 25,000-seater stadium in nearby Falmer.

And he is quite a character, revealing: "I've been a football fan and a gambler since the age of about seven or eight. My interest in both developed at the same time."

Now he is ready to use the profits from one to support the other and is convinced he is backing a cert.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
All we can do is wait and see.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
My only reservation on this is that he is known as The Lizard his uncle should be known as The Snake and I wouldnt want Ray Bloom having any more power at the club if only for his previous association with A B & S and him being party to them ripping us off..

My only reservation on this is that he is known as The Lizard his uncle should be known as The Snake and I wouldnt want Ray Bloom having any more power at the club if only for his previous association with A B & S and him being party to them ripping us off..
Would that be the A B & S who would have had us in a new ground by now? Backpedal any faster and you'll fall off the bike. From a montage of your posts over the years, it would seem to imply that Ray Bloom was worse than Bill Archer and Greg Stanley.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would that be the A B & S who would have had us in a new ground by now? Backpedal any faster and you'll fall off the bike. From a montage of your posts over the years, it would seem to imply that Ray Bloom was worse than Bill Archer and Greg Stanley.

Ouch

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Not sure whether this is true, a rumour or crap but would be that bigger suprise? From News Of The World

TONY IS BLOOM-ING GOOD
Millionaire poker star is betting on Brighton

By ROB BEASLEY, 16/05/2009
GAMBLER Tony Bloom will be the man holding all the aces at Brighton next season.

And the 39-year-old millionaire poker star and football betting expert is set to take over control of the club from long-serving chairman Dick Knight.

The man nicknamed The Lizard - friends say he has got 'alligator blood' - is ready to use the fortune he has made from gambling to bankroll Brighton.

Top of Bloom's agenda is to spearhead the £60million switch to a new 25,000-seater stadium in nearby Falmer.

And he is quite a character, revealing: "I've been a football fan and a gambler since the age of about seven or eight. My interest in both developed at the same time."

Now he is ready to use the profits from one to support the other and is convinced he is backing a cert.

Typical red-top guesswork - not one word or quote from Bloom or anyone at the Club confirming the story!!

As Bloom is based in Oz I bet it wont happen in the near future!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports