Tony Bloom to take over? [Merged threads]

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
13 days to go.

D

Deleted User X18H

Bill Brown is the chairman of Walsham Bros he is was a REINSURANCE expert specializing in Quota Share Treaty's which he practically invented. He used to have a fair few horses with Josh Gifford and has a flat overlooking Hove Cricket ground he does however shun the limelight.
I saw him watching the rugger in Hove Rec a few weeks back and asked him to 'giv us a job' he said 'at the mo you are better off out of it' R/I always suffers a year or so after other markets suffer!

Heathfield is near Blackboys............that's all I'm saying

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Dick Knight will step down as chairman and the Blooms will take control of the club.
You should all remember where you heard this news first:thumbsup:

Wow, I heard (read) a rumour on NSC, f***ing amazing. Anyone got any other rumours?

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
I'm clearly years out of date here, but I thought the structure of the club had been changed such that no one individual could hold a controlling interest any longer, after the Archer debacle?

TONY IS BLOOM-ING GOOD
Millionaire poker star is betting on Brighton

EXCLUSIVE
By ROB BEASLEY, 16/05/2009

GAMBLER Tony Bloom will be the man holding all the aces at Brighton next season.

And the 39-year-old millionaire poker star and football betting expert is set to take over control of the club from long-serving chairman Dick Knight.

The man nicknamed The Lizard - friends say he has got 'alligator blood' - is ready to use the fortune he has made from gambling to bankroll Brighton.

Top of Bloom's agenda is to spearhead the £60million switch to a new 25,000-seater stadium in nearby Falmer.

And he is quite a character, revealing: "I've been a football fan and a gambler since the age of about seven or eight. My interest in both developed at the same time."

Now he is ready to use the profits from one to support the other and is convinced he is backing a cert.

bloom_280x420_39835a.jpg

TONY BLOOM - gambler

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Your going to be on suicide watch when your beloved steps down...poor dougdeep knights number 1 boot polisher:laugh:

You are a silly little man. If Bloom does as good a job as Dick then I'll be over the moon.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Will be good if its true though..Afterall he does bankroll most things at this club

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports