Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tony Bloom to take over? [Merged threads]

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Why do I need to remember where I heard it first?

For all those wonderful "Where were you when you first heard about ......" conversations. While others throw in details of hearing about the 9/11 attacks, or the Berlin Wall coming down, you can throw in this one.

Not sure, but wasn't/isn't Pig City the nickname for the level skate park?

More or less. Pig City was the skateboard shop opposite the Level in Ditchling Road. The lads who built and maintained the awesome facilities on the Level used to spend a lot of time in the shop. Some of them might even have worked there.

Heffle Gull

JCL since 1979
Feb 5, 2004
Heathfield
I searched pig city ages ago

Company Name: PIG CITY INCORPORATED LIMITED

Company Type:
Limited Company

Company No:

Company Address:
PIG CITY INCORPORATED LIMITED
8 High Street
HEATHFIELD
TN21 8LS

Is a firm of accountants (Henley Hogben & Co I think).

I used to live next door at number 10.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Quite common for a small limited company to have it's registered address as it's accountants' office as that's where they want the main tax notices, etc to go. Won't necessarily be where they operate from or are based

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
The shareholdings of Brighton & Hove Aldion Holdings Ltd are as follows:

1,602,500 (23.02%) Harry Richard Knight
1,100,00 (15.8%) William Brown
850,000 (12.21%) Tony Bloom
750,000 (10.77%) Pig City Incorporated Ltd - is this Norm Cook?
582,000 (8.36%) Kevin Griffiths
535,000 (7.68%) Ray Bloom
500,000 (7.18%) Friday-Ad Holdings Ltd
460,750 (6.62%) Derek Chapman
250,000 (3.59%) Michael Hastilow
142,000 (2.04%) Robert Pinnock
100,000 (1.44%) J Gold (not Jacqui is it? David Golds daughter?) ;-)
50,000 (0.72%) John Vickers
15,000 (0.22%) Joseph Hirschell
10,000 (0.14%) Edward David
10,000 (0.14%) Peter McDonnell
5,000 (0.07%) John Town
130 (min%) Martin Perry

Thats what they were last August. We won't know until this August how they have changed in the last year. My suspician is that they will have changed signifcantly.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
How much is one of these shares worth?

That's it's nominal value, not how much it is worth. Share valuation is an art not a science and can be calculated several ways based on things such as current fair value of all it's assets, a factor of future expected returns based on existi g profits etc.

On any reasonable basis I'd say that in the open market they are worthless.

*legal disclaimer. This is not investment advice blah blah*

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
If DK is being forced from the board he could insist that his shares are bought. Otherwise he could be a major thorn in any new decisions considering his voting power by virtue of his shares.

Also, loans owing to directors and others might have been converted into shares. They set up the framework for this recently. See a thread by Alex Dawson oo oo recently.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
If DK is being forced from the board he could insist that his shares are bought. Otherwise he could be a major thorn in any new decisions considering his voting power by virtue of his shares.

Also, loans owing to directors and others might have been converted into shares. They set up the framework for this recently. See a thread by Alex Dawson oo oo recently.

In a theorectical situation, bearing in mind the shares are pretty much "worthless"

Could there be a motivation to convert loans to shares because you want to

1) Increase your relative holding and...

2) Decreased the relative holding of another

In other words - a tactical move to get rid of something else ?

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Is a firm of accountants (Henley Hogben & Co I think).

I used to live next door at number 10.

which means they are acting as Registered Office for the company, quite a common occurance

Edit: Although its not that firm actually, its another who I believe do have links with a certain DJ

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
In a word, yes.

My guess is though, that the loan stock hasn't been issued yet, let alone converted into shares. Once that's done then you don't get any interest on the loan and the debt is effectively paid.

I say worthless but mean by that, that if I were a neutral looking for a fair investment with a fair return based on my attitude to risk. The club is millions in debt and does not make a profit so in that sense it's worthless.

If however, I had other reasons for acquiring the shares then their worth is anybody's guess.

My gut feeling is, and this is only a gut feeling, that the money men at the club wield the true power despite their position or relative shareholding. If, and once again, this is me speculating, I wanted to take over the club and elbow DK out of the way then I would have to make it worthwhile to get him to stop being involved in the big boardroom decisions. A pay off of debts owed maybe or a juicy non-exec salary for say a few days work a year or pay over the odds for his shares.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here