Tonight I TV 9pm live - Cameron Vs Farage.

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Who will win the debate tonight?

• Dodgy Dave.

Votes: 23 29.5%
  • Beer swigging Nige.

Votes: 55 70.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
The suggestion that we should stay in the EU so we can reform it is laughable. Just look at how many times they have arrogantly ignored the will of the people:

Denmark 1992 - No vote 51.7% - IGNORED
Ireland 2001 - No vote 53.9% - IGNORED
France 2005 - No vote 54.9% - IGNORED
Netherlands 2005 - No vote 61.5% - IGNORED
Ireland 2008 - No vote 53.2% - IGNORED
Greece 2015 - No vote 61.3% - IGNORED

You really must understand this - they don't care what we think.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Is there anyone voting LEAVE who thought Cameron won? Is there anyone voting REMAIN who thought Farage won? Not many on either count I expect.

I'm voting leave and thought Cameron won by a street. Farage, as predicted, switched into ranting mode. I see UKIP's sole MP has distanced himself from Farage's remarks - if your own party isn't supporting you, then you really are in trouble.

Cameron may have given a more polished performance but I'm still voting leave - much as it grieves me to be on the same side as a buffoon like Farage

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
Cameron gave the same answer to every question - "If you don't do what I say, there will be an apocalypse."

If that's true, why did he call a referendum!

To win votes from UKIP at the general election (or prevent keep Tory voters defecting to UKIP)
He probably also reckoned the referendum would be a slum dunk remain.

D

Deleted member 22389

The suggestion that we should stay in the EU so we can reform it is laughable. Just look at how many times they have arrogantly ignored the will of the people:

Denmark 1992 - No vote 51.7% - IGNORED
Ireland 2001 - No vote 53.9% - IGNORED
France 2005 - No vote 54.9% - IGNORED
Netherlands 2005 - No vote 61.5% - IGNORED
Ireland 2008 - No vote 53.2% - IGNORED
Greece 2015 - No vote 61.3% - IGNORED

You really must understand this - they don't care what we think.

If only some of the Remainers could get their head around how undemocratic the EU is, they might decide to Leave.

D

Deleted member 22389

To win votes from UKIP at the general election (or prevent keep Tory voters defecting to UKIP)
He probably also reckoned the referendum would be a slum dunk remain.

If we Remain I can see loads of voters going over to UKIP, protest vote like they did with the Scottish Referendum.

DavidRyder

Jul 23, 2013
I began watching last night, but audience members get on my nerves. It's ok to have an opinion, but it's the '2 minutes of fame' 'look at me I've got Cameron/Farage on the ropes' brigade that I can't stand.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
When smug, rich, patronsing, dead pig ****ing arrsehole David Cameron and smug, rich, patronising, xenophobic little Englander arrsehole Nigel Farage are the leaders of the two sides of the most important debate in recent U.K history there can only be one conclusion:

Leave the U.K. It's ****ed whichever way it turns.:thumbsup:

It is quite embarrassing having these two front the campaigns. Cameron is a dreadful politician, constantly out-manoeuvred on the big stage. Whether he's picking truly pointless arguments such as trying not to gain enough votes to ensure the next EU commission president isn't Juncker and losing the vote 27-2, or embarrassing himself in the Commons by criticising the way Corbyn dresses. It is a travesty that the Tory party has been led by this piggy-faced, untalented old Etonian instead of a proper talented progressive Tory. Say what you like about Thatcher, but she wouldn't have put up with this feeble buffoon in her cabinet.

And then on the exit side we have Farage - a posh ex-city trader flanked by school boy Michael Gove and a completely deranged ex-Etonian more concerned with getting one up on Cameron than the country. And then he has the front to say he is used to being abused because he is "taking on the establishment" every time he is rightly slaughtered for blaming absolutely ALL of the country's ills on the EU. Jog on you little Englander tosspot. Have a look at who you have by your side before spouting your drivel.

This debate should have been fronted by people in touch with the public. That is to say, working people on the one hand who are worried that they are going to be undercut by the influx of unskilled migrants if we remain, and on the other those small business owners who worry access to our export markets are going to be affected - with jobs put at risk. There are other arguments of course, but these are the lynch pins to either campaign in a country where only a small minority of people "feel European" but where the majority are very interested in the economic arguments and job security - and should be put across with conviction and passion by those with most to lose.

Frankly, I am struggling to give a tuppenny toss what either of these two multi-millionaire gimps think about what we should do, which is why I'd never have tuned into this ITV show in a month of Sundays.

Last edited:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
image.jpeg

Blimey that's nearly a full house.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
If only some of the Remainers could get their head around how undemocratic the EU is, they might decide to Leave.

Yes, because a majority government with 36.8% of the vote is completely democratic. Leaving the EU giving them an even bigger unjustified mandate to make decisions effecting all of us. Effectively 11.3m voters out of a total population of 64m with a mandate to do what they want. Yeah, that is so democratic.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
Going to see a lot more of this now. More people found in the Channel
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...caught-small-boat-middle-English-Channel.html

A new EU plan to tackle migration from outside the EU. It will never work.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...a-Middle-East-bid-curb-illegal-migration.html

Please stop linking articles from the Daily Nazi.

You do know who they supported in the 30s don't you?

They are not acting on behalf of the nation's interest.

alfredmizen

Banned
Mar 11, 2015
Please stop linking articles from the Daily Nazi.

You do know who they supported in the 30s don't you?

They are not acting on behalf of the nation's interest.
You need to try and shoehorn a few more cliches into your posts , could do better :lolol:

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
Cameron came across very well. He is the only one saying 100% what he believes in, as he will be out of politics in 2 years.

I doubt that. He has never been an inner. He is just taking orders from his masters over the sea.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
I live in Worthing , I vote left of centre, my vote is worth zilch, how democratic is that?
It's only worth zilch because you happen to vote for the losing side.... like a conservative voter in Liverpool..... or a UKIP voter in Bradford......

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Yes, because a majority government with 36.8% of the vote is completely democratic. Leaving the EU giving them an even bigger unjustified mandate to make decisions effecting all of us. Effectively 11.3m voters out of a total population of 64m with a mandate to do what they want. Yeah, that is so democratic.
Yawn.... get over it... I am sure you wouldn't be bleating about a Labour govt with those numerical returns.... it's a feature of a parliamentary democracy, nothing new to see here.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
It's only worth zilch because you happen to vote for the losing side.... like a conservative voter in Liverpool..... or a UKIP voter in Bradford......

Excactly, so my vote doesn't count unde FPTP system, but when the Liberals put forward a chance to change it, all the major parties were against it, that's ow much they value democracy in reality

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Yawn.... get over it... I am sure you wouldn't be bleating about a Labour govt with those numerical returns.... it's a feature of a parliamentary democracy, nothing new to see here.

Nothing to do with which party, both the Tories and Labour have held majorities based on less than 40% of the vote because of our democratic system, and neither will change it when in power because they got into power using that system - q.e.d.

Parliamentary democracy isn't limited to constituency voting - our current system is not the only model of what a fair representation of votes could be. Anyway, the one thing I am sure of is that I am no doubt wasting my breath.:wink:

Bold Seagull

Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Excactly, so my vote doesn't count unde FPTP system, but when the Liberals put forward a chance to change it, all the major parties were against it, that's ow much they value democracy in reality

And we're going to give more power to either of these two major parties because it is more democratic...er...:mad:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports