Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Argus - Orlandi may be back for Saturday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Even though it was basically from the penalty spot, yet in Crofts' case he had to hit it first time, running full tilt, he had a defender next to him, and the keeper had the angles massively reduced, by virtue of being on the edge of the six yard box?

Okay.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Even though it was basically from the penalty spot, yet in Crofts' case he had to hit it first time, running full tilt, he had a defender next to him, and the keeper had the angles massively reduced, by virtue of being on the edge of the six yard box?

Okay.

It was easier to score than a penalty because by getting it on target, he gives the keeper very little chance to save it because he is so off balance.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Okay.

That's how I saw it.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
It was easier to score than a penalty because by getting it on target, he gives the keeper very little chance to save it because he is so off balance.

Crofts might've been off balance? He was running, and had a defender on him, and the ball was moving and could've bobbled etc.

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
I do not think it was a tap in or an easy chance, although it should be scored probably 9 out of 10 times, so it was more like a good chance! At the end of the day he finished it so well that some people think it was a tap in but a ball hit at pace through a crowd of players across your body is not an easy technique even if it wasn't spinning or bouncing towards him.

Edit: he still had an ok-ish game not a great game.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Crofts might've been off balance? He was running, and had a defender on him, and the ball was moving and could've bobbled etc.
Not forgetting his nose bleed.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011

Yes Crofts was off balance. But as I have already said, regardless of whether he was off balance or not, he wasn't off balance enough to prevent him from kicking the ball on target. By kicking the ball or target, the keeper is given very little chance to save it as he has to shuffle across the goal and is too off balance to do his job properly. If a professional footballer wasn't able to get that shot on target from Crofts position, I'd be very worried.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
If a professional footballer wasn't able to get that shot on target from Crofts position, I'd be very worried.
So how do you explain better players missing easier, proper open goal, chances.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
That's exactly it. He made it LOOK very easy.

Yes. He did make it look easy. But I would be worried if a professional footballer who gets paid money to kick a ball for a living is unable to get that shot on target. And seeing as he was able to get it on target, and the keeper was so off balance, I would class it as a tap-in. You might not but for me, a professional footballer should be getting that shot on target. You may disagree. If the keeper pulled off a wonder save, then fair enough, but the chances of that happening were very slim.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
Yes. He did make it look easy. But I would be worried if a professional footballer who gets paid money to kick a ball for a living is unable to get that shot on target. And seeing as he was able to get it on target, and the keeper was so off balance, I would class it as a tap-in. You might not but for me, a professional footballer should be getting that shot on target. You may disagree. If the keeper pulled off a wonder save, then fair enough, but the chances of that happening were very slim.

Stop worrying, he scored. Hope he plays on Saturday.........

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here