Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Argus - Orlandi may be back for Saturday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm no fan of Crofts, but both his goals this season have been taken really well and the one against Burnley was one of those where it was harder than it looked. Plus, Saturday was genuinely the first time I have ever used the words "Crofts has had a really good game today". Unfortunately I expect he'll go back to being AWOL soon, but for now he's doing okay.

Crikey! High praise indeed!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Stat Brother; said:
Neither is in the team to defend, and heading ranks way below SD's dead ball capabilities.
I certainly wouldn't want to be the player 'forced' into midfield competing for places against that unit.

Midfielders need to defend as well as attack. Your comment on heading is interesting though, I would have placed it above SD delivery, which is inconsistent so far.

I do agree though that Barnes is not a midfielder.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
What does Barnes do better than Lopez, esp in midfield?

Just about anything at the moment.I am no great Barnes fan but Dave has offered absolutely nothing so far including set pieces.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Midfielders need to defend as well as attack. Your comment on heading is interesting though, I would have placed it above SD delivery, which is inconsistent so far.

I do agree though that Barnes is not a midfielder.
All true, but with the exception of the 'holding' position passing has to outweigh heading.
Naturally our players should be pretty decent at both.

If SD's delivery was consistently at his highest level he wouldn't be playing for us.
He still offers 'the pass', which just isn't coming from Barnes any time soon.
(not a dig at Barnes)

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
All true, but with the exception of the 'holding' position passing has to outweigh heading.
Naturally our players should be pretty decent at both.

If SD's delivery was consistently at his highest level he wouldn't be playing for us.
He still offers 'the pass', which just isn't coming from Barnes any time soon.
(not a dig at Barnes)

Other than the Arsenal FA Cup game of course with his cross for Ulloa, which arguably, was the best delivery of any Brighton player last year.

Definitely prefer SD on pens though.......

I think we'll agree to disagree on the heading vs passing issue, as I think all midfielders have role to play defensively as well as offensively. I mean Bridcutt passes fairly well....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here