Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Argus - Orlandi may be back for Saturday

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
So how do you explain better players missing easier, proper open goal, chances.

Worried when it does happen but I have hardly ever seen somebody who has rounded the keeper and has an open goal in front of them miss the target.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
The 2 goals that Corfts have scored the last 2 games mean nothing. He was shocking against Birmingham but managed to score. He scored again on Saturday but did nothing special in the midfield of the field and I think it would have been harder to miss than score from Ulloa's cross.

Mean nothing?

Won us two points.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Worried when it does happen but I have hardly ever seen somebody who has rounded the keeper and has an open goal in front of them miss the target.

What the HELL are you talking about? Are we actually talking about the same goal? Or are you just making random stuff up, now?

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Stop worrying, he scored. Hope he plays on Saturday.........

I'm not worried at all. Just getting frustrated with the morons on here who have ignored my original point on this thread from the beginning and decided to pull out words from what I have said and argue them.

As I said, my original point was just questioning why people were saying he was undroppable. Because apart from the goal which I said all professional footballers should at least get on target, and the good goal scored against Birmingham, he hasn't exactly set the world a light in other aspects of his game. He was good/average against Burnley and woeful against Brum and Leeds. Hence why I questioned why he was undroppable and asked if people would have said the same if he hadn't scored. I don't think they would.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
What the HELL are you talking about? Are we actually talking about the same goal? Or are you just making random stuff up, now?

Err sorry Mr Clever boy. I'm not talking about this goal. If you would like to read the the rest of the quotes, maybe you can try and use your clever brain to work it out! :thumbsup:

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Err sorry Mr Clever boy. I'm not talking about this goal. If you would like to read the the rest of the quotes, maybe you can try and use your clever brain to work it out! :thumbsup:

I'd stop digging if I were you.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
So to take a shot with a moving ball going across you, while you are slightly off-balance having had to change the angle of your run at the last couple of strides while someone is closing in on you is easier than a penalty?

No wonder we miss so many penalties.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
I'm not worried at all. Just getting frustrated with the morons on here who have ignored my original point on this thread from the beginning and decided to pull out words from what I have said and argue them.

As I said, my original point was just questioning why people were saying he was undroppable. Because apart from the goal which I said all professional footballers should at least get on target, and the good goal scored against Birmingham, he hasn't exactly set the world a light in other aspects of his game. He was good/average against Burnley and woeful against Brum and Leeds. Hence why I questioned why he was undroppable and asked if people would have said the same if he hadn't scored. I don't think they would.

No you said his two goals mean NOTHING.

Good job our management team are not each like a plank of wood like you, eh?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Even if a player hasn't been playing great, 2 goals in 2 games should mean their confidence is sky high and sometimes you should just go with that momentum and not question it.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
No you said his two goals mean NOTHING.

Good job our management team are not each like a plank of wood like you, eh?

When I was talking to somebody about his performance. Maybe if you weren't a plank of wood, you might be able to work that one out.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Even if a player hasn't been playing great, 2 goals in 2 games should mean their confidence is sky high and sometimes you should just go with that momentum and not question it.

Well said. I was just asking people if they would have had him down as undroppable if he hadn't scored against Burnley and I've been slaughtered for it.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I'd stop digging if I were you.

Not digging at all mate. He's just tried to make me look stupid multiple times during this thread and has been wrong both times. Probably why he hasn't replied to me both of those points and instead, decided to pick words out of what I have been saying to dig himself out.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

I can read fairly well, thanks. What you're saying effectively is that you've 'almost' never seen any player miss an easier chance, than the one Crofts scored on Saturday. The crux of your argument seems to be (I'll be generous here, and ignore that it was a moving ball, and that he was sprinting on to it, and that he had a defender in close proximity, and that he had to take it first time) that because the keeper was 'off balance' we can effectively rule him out of the equation altogether. I will cede to you that IF you retrospectively remove the keeper and the close-by defender from the frame, it becomes a very simple chance;

open goal2.png

Not digging at all mate. He's just tried to make me look stupid multiple times during this thread and has been wrong both times. Probably why he hasn't replied to me both of those points and instead, decided to pick words out of what I have been saying to dig himself out.

Sorry about that. I really do have to do a bit of work, in between posts. I'm not trying to make you look stupid. You are continuing to make your points. People will judge them as they see them.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
In fairness we only have 3 'undroppable' players.

Tommy K
Ward
&
Ulloa.

With Greer and Upson unlikely to be dropped.

We are now on our second 'midfield-centric' (neither have been touched by the hand of Pulis) managers.

The midfield is the clear battle ground and although both managers have approached it from opposite directions, both clearly needed those positions to be very competitive.
To that ends, no player, is undroppable.

Sussex on Leith

Sep 11, 2003
Leith
I'm [...] worried. [...] Just getting frustrated with [...] what I have said [...] my original point was just [...] woeful [...]. Hence why I questioned [...] if people would have said the same [...]. I don't think they would.

My sympathy mate. There's nothing worse than people quoting your words selectively in order to twist the meaning.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I can read fairly well, thanks. What you're saying effectively is that you've 'almost' never seen any player miss an easier chance, than the one Crofts scored on Saturday. The crux of your argument seems to be (I'll be generous here, and ignore that it was a moving ball, and that he was sprinting on to it, and that he had a defender in close proximity, and that he had to take it first time) that because the keeper was 'off balance' we can effectively rule him out of the equation altogether. I will cede to you that IF you retrospectively remove the keeper from the frame, it becomes a very simple chance.

Sorry about that. I really do have to do a bit of work, in between posts. I'm not trying to make you look stupid. You are continuing to make your points. People will judge them as they see them.

No. I was replying to somebody who asked what I felt about better players than Crofts who miss true open goals and I said that I get worried that they're paid to kick a ball for a living but also said I have rarely seen a player round the keeper with a clear sight on goal and put it wide.

I appreciate you have work to do. I do as well. But yourself and a few others throughout this thread haven't answered a simple question that I asked but instead decided to pick words out of my points and question them, when all I tried to do was make a simple point. You may not be deliberately trying to make me look stupid, but the escalation of picking out words and ignoring my original simple point has made me look stupid on here.

Probably best to agree to disagree on this one! :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here