Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Argus - Orlandi may be back for Saturday

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
The 2 goals that Corfts have scored the last 2 games mean nothing. He was shocking against Birmingham but managed to score. He scored again on Saturday but did nothing special in the midfield of the field and I think it would have been harder to miss than score from Ulloa's cross.

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Scoring in the last 2 games surely founts for something?
Imho the side looked nicely balanced on Saturday ....if orlandi and andrews are fit maybe in for ince and lopez would be my guess... but tis early in the week plenty coukd happen between now and Saturday

Would be surprised if Orlandi gets a starting place, bench then 30 mins maybe. Would be a shame for Ince but can see Andrews in for him

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Well that's clearly not true, is it.

And that is simply nonsense.

So you're telling me that scoring a goal instantly makes you have a good game? Take it you weren't at Leeds or Birmingham.

And what do you mean 'simply nonsense'? Could you imagine the abuse he would have got on here if he'd put that wide or over the bar?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
So you're telling me that scoring a goal instantly makes you have a good game? Take it you weren't at Leeds or Birmingham.

And what do you mean 'simply nonsense'? Could you imagine the abuse he would have got on here if he'd put that wide or over the bar?

Telling that Ulloa decided to pass rather than shoot, most of our recent strikers would have gone for glory. Not sure that Crofts could have taken that goal any better tbh. In fact both our goals were clinical on Saturday

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Telling that Ulloa decided to pass rather than shoot, most of our recent strikers would have gone for glory. Not sure that Crofts could have taken that goal any better tbh. In fact both our goals were clinical on Saturday

No striker would have taken a shot from the position Ulloa was in when he crossed.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
No striker would have taken a shot from the position Ulloa was in when he crossed.

Who knows for sure but I can see Buckley, Lua Lua, CMS and Barnes taking a pop from there :shrug:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004

A lot of players wouldn't have been there to pass to

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

No, I'm not saying that at all. FWIW I wasn't there on Saturday, let alone at Birmingham or Leeds. If Crofts has not been contributing enough, then he'll be dropped. No issue with that at all, but to suggest that his 'goals mean nothing' is ridiculous. He's providing a goal threat from the centre of midfield, which is something we haven't seen for about 4 seasons. That is very much 'something'.

And what do you mean 'simply nonsense'?

In replying such, to your statement that the chance was EASIER TO SCORE THAN MISS, I meant that your suggestion was nonsense. That's quite clear, surely?

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham

Nobody is saying that, but he didn't have a bad game against Burnley. Never underestimate what goals/confidence can do for a players game.

But he didn't put it over/wide, he tucked it away. The fact is he made the run to get himself in a very good position.

rool

Jul 10, 2003
Glad you cleared that up.

I was fretting about our club, but knowing you are always there to put us right means we can sleep easy in our beds.

Reviewing where we are in a free two week period...who would have thought

Dave, eat a snickers :wink:

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
No, I'm not saying that at all. FWIW I wasn't there on Saturday, let alone at Birmingham or Leeds. If Crofts has not been contributing enough, then he'll be dropped. No issue with that at all, but to suggest that his 'goals mean nothing' is ridiculous. He's providing a goal threat from the centre of midfield, which is something we haven't seen for about 4 seasons. That is very much 'something'.

In replying such, to your statement that the chance was EASIER TO SCORE THAN MISS, I meant that your suggestion was nonsense. That's quite clear, surely?

He may well have scored a tap in and a good reasonable goal against Birmingham but that doesn't mean he had good games whatsoever. He seemed to contribute nothing elsewhere.

And stop trying to look clever. Funny that you haven't replied to the my second question from my last post. But instead, you give a smug answer which in attempting to humiliate me, you have humiliated yourself by showing that your original point was wrong by not answering my question.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Wrong.

Buckley has done so many times. Ulloa probably would have done so if Crofts hadn't made an intelligent off-the-ball run into the box.

Completely agree. Sorry, I should have explained more. No striker would have taken a shot if there was a player in Crofts position in the box.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Nobody is saying that, but he didn't have a bad game against Burnley. Never underestimate what goals/confidence can do for a players game.

But he didn't put it over/wide, he tucked it away. The fact is he made the run to get himself in a very good position.

The original point that I tried to make was that when people were saying Crofts couldn't be dropped, I argued that he has only had one decent performance this season and that the goals he scored don't determine his performance in midfield, which apart from Burnley, have been shocking IMO.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
He may well have scored a tap in and a good reasonable goal against Birmingham but that doesn't mean he had good games whatsoever. He seemed to contribute nothing elsewhere.

And stop trying to look clever. Funny that you haven't replied to the my second question from my last post. But instead, you give a smug answer which in attempting to humiliate me, you have humiliated yourself by showing that your original point was wrong by not answering my question.
Crofts doesn't have to be on the ball to have a good game, he's there to pressure the opposition, force them back and make them lose possession,getting into the box and scoring is a bonus. Nobody is claiming he's been a stand out player but the performance against Burnley is much more like what we would expect to see from him.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Crofts doesn't have to be on the ball to have a good game, he's there to pressure the opposition, force them back and make them lose possession,getting into the box and scoring is a bonus. Nobody is claiming he's been a stand out player but the performance against Burnley is much more like what we would expect to see from him.

I completely agree. I was just disagreeing with people saying he was undroppable.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
The original point that I tried to make was that when people were saying Crofts couldn't be dropped, I argued that he has only had one decent performance this season and that the goals he scored don't determine his performance in midfield, which apart from Burnley, have been shocking IMO.

I think you have answered the point that you were arguing, he's now started scoring = confidence, which has resulted in his best performance which lead to another goal. He's not exempt from being dropped, but he's given Oscar a welcome headache no doubt.

Edit. I see your above post, I get your drift.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here