Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Today's Argus - Orlandi may be back for Saturday

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Bruno's not getting back in, neither is Andrews.
I guess Orlandi for SD, which doesn't seem right either.

Unless we go for something crrrraaaazzzzzzzyyyy.

We've been precariously thin up front, all season.
Get Saturday out of the way, and then have 2 weeks to take stock.
We'll know who will be fit and when, by who is bought and money spent on the 2nd.

Ive been racking my brains....cant workout who or what SD is...........sorry if simple.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Exciting signings maybe but I'll be sad to lose Barnes ( the more likely I feel) or Bridcutt. I will be gutted to lose both. I feel we will lose at least one of them. I won't be too concerned if we lose Lua Lua on what I have seen of him this season tbh and his naïve whinging on Twitter irritates me nearly as much as Poyet's touting did. For me you are either 100% behind your club or you need to be allowed to leave.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Glad you cleared that up.

I was fretting about our club, but knowing you are always there to put us right means we can sleep easy in our beds.

Reviewing where we are in a free two week period...who would have thought

Now, now.

This is actually a football discussion board. Its inevitable that some people will wish to set out their views on the Albion. Humour them, even if some of it is obvious stuff.

Fret not - the current NSC server is a powerful beast. There is plenty of capacity left for you to discuss your latest cruise.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
To be fair, we've looked good without him. If we get £5m+ and he goes to the Prem, the blow wouldn't be as large as it was 5-6 weeks ago (with the emergence of Ince+Andrews).

Got to agree with this. Losing him wouldn't be the disaster we all feared .

Regarding Orlandi, great news. Genuine match winner and can't see him not going straight in the side.

Bruno isn't better than Calderon IMO

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
To be fair, we've looked good without him. If we get £5m+ and he goes to the Prem, the blow wouldn't be as large as it was 5-6 weeks ago (with the emergence of Ince+Andrews).

I agree with this. Arguabely he has been our best player for the past 2 years but if we got a good chunk for him, and he had a shot with a decent Prem side, then I think this could be good business.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Can't wait for Orlandi to be available again, great midfielder and scores a few as well.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Can't wait for Orlandi to be available again, great midfielder and scores a few as well.

Correct. I'm pretty sure that Oscar agrees too. In the pre-season games everything positive we did, was channeled through Orlandi.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Now, now.

This is actually a football discussion board. Its inevitable that some people will wish to set out their views on the Albion. Humour them, even if some of it is obvious stuff.

Fret not - the current NSC server is a powerful beast. There is plenty of capacity left for you to discuss your latest cruise.
Hopefully there's enough room on the server to cover all the double standards as well.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Andrews will get straight back in for Ince.
Orlandi for Crofts (if he's fit to start).

Maybe Oscar will pick the team dependant on the opposition. I think that there are some more physical sides we play that may be better games for Croft's aggressive closing down and late arrival in the box. 2nd top goalscorer and with a further run he'll probably get better. I am a great believer in teams that counteract the strengths of the opposition, the best way for squad rotation to operate.

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
Ince more than deserves to keep his place. Crofts too for that matter. The only change for me would be Orlandi for Dave and hopefully a stronger bench.

Why does Crofts? He's had one average performance this season, and that was against Burnley.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Why does Crofts? He's had one average performance this season, and that was against Burnley.

I thought he was better than average and certainly more effective than Spanish Dave, he also offers a goal threat in this set up and who knows he may continue to improve with gametime, something he hasn't had since he returned. He was a BIG part in Norwich's promotion out of this division.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Andrews will get straight back in for Ince.
Orlandi for Crofts (if he's fit to start).

I can't see why Crofts would be the one to miss out. He looks match fit which is more than David Lopez or Augestein do and he was certainlt better than both of them on Saturday

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Scoring in the last 2 games surely founts for something?
Imho the side looked nicely balanced on Saturday ....if orlandi and andrews are fit maybe in for ince and lopez would be my guess... but tis early in the week plenty coukd happen between now and Saturday

Urchin

Aug 1, 2011
I thought he was better than average and certainly more effective than Spanish Dave, he also offers a goal threat in this set up and who knows he may continue to improve with gametime, something he hasn't had since he returned. He was a BIG part in Norwich's promotion out of this division.

I thought David was poor on Saturday. It's just that against Leeds and Birmingham, he was woeful. I didn't really notice him do much Saturday (apart from the goal) but due to the raving reviews, assumed he had an average performance.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

2 goals in 2 games, improving with game time. Something he didn't get a lot of last year?
I personally like the idea of keeping the bulk of a winning team and strengthening the bench with returning senior players.
Just my opinion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here