Tim Sherwood

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Sherwood I would support. Mackay I would support), (but will go to Norwich if he drops down a division). Giggs comes across as someone with less personality than Oscar ... that we can do without. I would only support a British manager this time around. Our flirtation with foreign managers has not had a happy ending.

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Would be a risk to get someone with pretty much no experience again. Dislike the man and seems to have an attitude problem.

Malky Mackay or di Matteo for me.

Gullflyinghigh

Apr 23, 2012
Wouldn't really want Sherwood but at least I could see it happening.

I think the chances of either Bilic or Laudrup rocking up at the AMEX anytime soon are slim to none (or, more accurately, none to none).

Would rather just have Oscar if I'm honest.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Firstly, there isn't a vacancy at the moment, and I have a feeling the current whatever will be resolved. I may be spectacularly wrong, though.
Secondly, if Oscar does go, I would hazard a guess that our allegedly very good scouting and intelligence network has people on the radar that we will never have heard of - just as Oscar was and just as Pocchetino probably was at Southampton. neither of them have done too badly!

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
The Win ratio is fair enough, but as Ive pointed out else where he also has the highest loss ratio since Hoddle.

If you want attacking football go for him, you will score goals and win games you should but he doesn't believe in playing a defensive midfield so you will also concede and against the better teams you will suffer - we started against Liverpool away with Lennon, Siggi, Paulinho and Eriksen.

Also don't listen to his press conferences, its all about him - he will make you want to listen to Harry they are that bad.

There is a good manager in there somewhere, if he can stop slating players for 5 minutes and work on his weak points he could be the man to get you promoted.

Sherwood would be disaster -- thick English manager 4-4-2 dinosaur and shoots his mouth of continually ... Good coach woeful manager IMHO

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Norwich can give Mackay the millions upon millions he'll want to get promoted.
We can't and won't. He will not be coming here.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Malky probably won't pick us over Norwich but if we could get him that'd be great.

I'd love to see Zola here. I think he might be a great fit.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Mackay, Howe or Rangnick please. Takk.

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
Why do so many people rate Zola? Great player, nice bloke .....and has failed at every managerial job he's had.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think Sherwood would be ok, but I'd love to see Warnock come in and kick a few people up the arse and get a bit of attitude and passion around the place. He wouldn't work with Burke though in a million years, in fact I doubt anyone worth their salt would.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
What is worrying is Ferguson at 14/1 God no please !!!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Sherwood I would support. Mackay I would support), (but will go to Norwich if he drops down a division). Giggs comes across as someone with less personality than Oscar ... that we can do without. I would only support a British manager this time around. Our flirtation with foreign managers has not had a happy ending.
I hope we sign the new presenter of the The Sky at Night who "ticks a lot of boxes" according to you. Just to blow your narrow little mind.

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Sherwood not my first choice but I would take him yes !!!
Others:

Malkay

Di Matteo

Hoddle

Warnock

Rosselor

Laudrup

thisistips

Oct 17, 2010
Away away away
That is the most uninspiring list ever.

People that maybe able to do a decent job.
1. Roberto Di Matteo - Has got out the Championship before and has an decent pedigree
2. Ryan Giggs - Maybe a punt this one but has been suggested by himself he may look to drop down the leagues do develop as a manager
3. Slaven Bilic - Has a job in Turkey and done a decent job with them.
4. Tim Sherwood - Likely to be gone from Spurs. Young and ambitious - (Personally dislike him a lot but if he did well here i would change my mind)
5. Steve Clarke - Did well really at WBA for a time. Defensively a great coach. Not sure that we would see an improved attack minded football game
6. Eddie Howe - Bournemouth playing well. Seems he has a bigger budget and struggled in the 1 other job he has had.
7. Frank Rijkaard - Had a disaster of a time as a manager in recent years. (Barcelona to giving advice to a Florida high school on player recruitment). Maybe could be tempted back in
8. Michael Appleton - Just because for some reason everyone gives him a job before they realise he is useless.
9. Malkey Mckay - Available and has got out of this division before. Obviously with a big budget
10. Michael Laudrup - Plays good football and is available. Budget bound to be an issue and has a habit of falling out with chairmen. Big ego
11. Ralph Rangnick - Links to Brighton, wanted a job in England last year and has a very good pedigree in German football
Bound to be others as well.

I hope Oscar stays, but this is a good list. Key for me would be a) recent links to a big club (e.g. Giggs, Sherwood - but would exclude Bilic and Rijkaard) and b) great football ethic (most of the above).

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Sherwood not my first choice but I would take him yes !!!
Others:

Malkay - Would want a budget we don't have.

Di Matteo - Yeah, fine, but not going to happen.

Hoddle - Deary deary me.

Warnock - :sick:

Rosselor - Rosler is quality but won't be leaving Wigan for us.

Laudrup - Poyet's personality double. Nah.

Awful list. Nice one.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports