Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
By predictions you actually mean I scoured Twitter relentlessly, stumbled across a Spanish journalist mentioning Oscar Garcia being an option, researched it, saw he was a perfect fit, spread the word and a month later he was unveiled as manager

I was economical with words, yes.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I'd take those if Oscar goes. I wouldn't want to see what happens when you give a small squad and no money to the others. Giggs has managed 3 games.

Is it not 4?, also is it relevant all managers have to start somewhere. I would have thought immediate acceptance by players based on the number of medals won. Would lift the profile of the club further, and given background at United may get a more attacking minded team.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
From the list presented there:

- Rob Kelly (66/1)
- Billy McKinley (33/1)
- Alan Irvine (66/1)
- Gary Mills (66/1)
- John Pemberton (66/1)
- Neil Young (66/1)
- Peter Houston (66/1)

I've never even HEARD of these people...can anyone shed any light on who they actually are? Are they even football managers?

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
I can't believe Alex Ferguson isn't on that list. I'd have a punt at 150/1 or higher.

Could do a job.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither

- Rob Kelly (66/1)
- Billy McKinley (33/1)
- Alan Irvine (66/1)
- Gary Mills (66/1)
- John Pemberton (66/1)
- Neil Young (66/1)
- Peter Houston (66/1)

I've never even HEARD of these people...can anyone shed any light on who they actually are? Are they even football managers?

Come on Frutos - you should at least know your rivals to the job.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove

- Rob Kelly (66/1)
- Billy McKinley (33/1)
- Alan Irvine (66/1)
- Gary Mills (66/1)
- John Pemberton (66/1)
- Neil Young (66/1)
- Peter Houston (66/1)

80's pop star. Not sure about the rest.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Come on Frutos - you should at least know your rivals to the job.

Fair point. Frankly though, my CV is so overwhelming that it should be a foregone conclusion without recourse to worrying about the rest of the no-names on the list. :thumbsup:

Hang on a sec, my friend Tony is on the phone...

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Is it not 4?, also is it relevant all managers have to start somewhere. I would have thought immediate acceptance by players based on the number of medals won. Would lift the profile of the club further, and given background at United may get a more attacking minded team.

No idea. It's less than 5 which isn't long enough experience I'd like to be relying on to keep us up next year. Most good players don't become good managers.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

- Rob Kelly (66/1)
- Billy McKinley (33/1)
- Alan Irvine (66/1)
- Gary Mills (66/1)
- John Pemberton (66/1)
- Neil Young (66/1)
- Peter Houston (66/1)

Rob Kelly was erm somebody's very well respected number two (Martinez or Rodgers, maybe?)
Alan Irvine was Everton assistant manager for a while, then went erm somewhere (Wednesday? Barnsley?) and failed miserably.
Pemberton is Palace scum
Neil Young wrote Harvest Moon. He seems a bit of a leftfield choice, tbh, but hey - in Tony we trust.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
If you look at that list Gus Poyet and Didier Deschamps are both on there at 66/1 - neither of which is going to happen. Neil Lennon is on there at 16s and Tony Pulis at 20s. They've just put a list of all managers in or out of work up

The usual suspects (Mackay, Ferguson etc) were all 8/1 last night and have been for a while (I'm sad enough to check), didn't even see Sherwood on the list. Now they've all drifted to 14s.

It's more than likely that someone has randomly had a punt on him and the odds have shortened accordingly, but who knows?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I quite like him. Best win ratio of any Spurs manager (including 'arry), and an up & coming British manager. Would be nice to give someone like him a chance at a progressive club like ours

The Win ratio is fair enough, but as Ive pointed out else where he also has the highest loss ratio since Hoddle.

If you want attacking football go for him, you will score goals and win games you should but he doesn't believe in playing a defensive midfield so you will also concede and against the better teams you will suffer - we started against Liverpool away with Lennon, Siggi, Paulinho and Eriksen.

Also don't listen to his press conferences, its all about him - he will make you want to listen to Harry they are that bad.

There is a good manager in there somewhere, if he can stop slating players for 5 minutes and work on his weak points he could be the man to get you promoted.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Forget Slaven. Done a fantastic job with limited resources at Besiktas and likely to stay.

That is the most uninspiring list ever.

People that maybe able to do a decent job.
1. Roberto Di Matteo - Has got out the Championship before and has an decent pedigree
2. Ryan Giggs - Maybe a punt this one but has been suggested by himself he may look to drop down the leagues do develop as a manager
3. Slaven Bilic - Has a job in Turkey and done a decent job with them.
4. Tim Sherwood - Likely to be gone from Spurs. Young and ambitious - (Personally dislike him a lot but if he did well here i would change my mind)
5. Steve Clarke - Did well really at WBA for a time. Defensively a great coach. Not sure that we would see an improved attack minded football game
6. Eddie Howe - Bournemouth playing well. Seems he has a bigger budget and struggled in the 1 other job he has had.
7. Frank Rijkaard - Had a disaster of a time as a manager in recent years. (Barcelona to giving advice to a Florida high school on player recruitment). Maybe could be tempted back in
8. Michael Appleton - Just because for some reason everyone gives him a job before they realise he is useless.
9. Malkey Mckay - Available and has got out of this division before. Obviously with a big budget
10. Michael Laudrup - Plays good football and is available. Budget bound to be an issue and has a habit of falling out with chairmen. Big ego
11. Ralph Rangnick - Links to Brighton, wanted a job in England last year and has a very good pedigree in German football
Bound to be others as well.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Gary Mills was manager at York wasn't he?

Neil Young manager of Chester.

Peter Houston former manager of Dundee Utd

Shatner's Bassoon

The Puff Pastry Hangman
Feb 12, 2012
Not for me. Up and coming young manager in his mid 40s who never thought to look for another job until this year, when the Spurs job he'd been waiting for fell into his lap. Apparently hasn't got the requisite coaching qualifications (could be wrong on this, so feel free to correct me). Not that I believe these are the be all and end all, but failure to get them doesn't suggest a burning desire to get into management.

Anyone who found Poyet's touting too much, Sherwood has been touting himself all season for a job he's already got. Makes sure he gets into the press and on TV every week with a quote blaming somebody else. He's obviously got a lot of mates in the media as they all seem to love him; and to be fair he does give them something to write about with his gobshitery, but I support Brighton and Hove Albion, not young English managers and the career of Tim Sherwood. A less amusing Harry Redknapp, without the body of work.

Looking at that list, I hope Oscar stays.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Rob Kelly was erm somebody's very well respected number two (Martinez or Rodgers, maybe?)
Alan Irvine was Everton assistant manager for a while, then went erm somewhere (Wednesday? Barnsley?) and failed miserably.
Pemberton is Palace scum
Neil Young wrote Harvest Moon. He seems a bit of a leftfield choice, tbh, but hey - in Tony we trust.

Alan Irvine went to preston. Rob kelly is also ex preston (player) but had been assistant manager at forest for a few years before he got sacked midway through this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here