Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Sherwood

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Listening to Sky Sports news just now, Malky seems a shoe-in for Norwich, as he's got links with the club.

Steve Clarke seems a good shout. Has some experience, always talked with reverence and fairness about how the opposition played in games against him when he was manager at WBA, could do a job as they say :)

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Is it not 4?, also is it relevant all managers have to start somewhere. I would have thought immediate acceptance by players based on the number of medals won. Would lift the profile of the club further, and given background at United may get a more attacking minded team.

3 or 4, schmore! He's woefully inexperienced.

All managers do have to start somewhere but a little more in the way of a track record might be necessary to achieve promotion from the Championship next year.

Also, I think there might be a bit more involved in being a successful manager/coach than player acceptance based on medals, otherwise why not Ashley Cole?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Sherwood comes across as a bit of a knob. I hope he does not become the next boss.

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
He was trimmed from 20s to 8s last Wednesday and then smashed off the boards when book reopened this morning.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Assuming for the sake of debate Oscar left then why would Bloom seek to appoint a bloke who is and has always been a temperamental sole? I think he is simply too blunt and honest to be a top level manager, and tactically he was totally exposed by Liverpool, Man City and Arsenal who all beat Spurs comfortably.

I think he'd be a better fit at Norwich where some underachieving stars might need their heads banged together, rather than the Albion which would be a much more delicate situation post-Poyet / post-Oscar.

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham
What have people got against Sherwood? His results have been quite good. I think entertainment levels would go up.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Sherwood comes across as a bit of a tool. He has done fairly well at Spurs since last December. Some of his meltdowns have maybe shown his limitations. Steve Clarke is a reasonable shout. Karl Robinson's so called achievements are just tabloid media hype.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here