Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thousands of OUR fans leaving early ... AGAIN

MICK PATCHAM

Banned
Feb 23, 2013
clues in the title
It mattered today more than any other day as we finally showed that we can play attractive attacking football and beat one of the best teams in the division with ease.

Any football fan worthy of the description would want to cheer his/her team of the pitch at the end.
yep

Zamo123

Mar 1, 2012
Just like the Hudds game. 10 mins before the end the exodus started. Cretins, all of you.

You pay your £30+ quid, you come to the game, we're beating our closest rivals and playing great football, then you decide to miss the last 10 minutes???

Look, if you don't enjoy football, then don't come to the game.

And as for the idiots who went off for beer and pies 5 minutes before half-time .... ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You must be among the most stupid people on this planet.

You the stupid **** who cares what others do, they give their money to the club ,so they can leave when they want . Is your little life so boaring you care what others do ?

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
It mattered today more than any other day as we finally showed that we can play attractive attacking football and beat one of the best teams in the division with ease.

Any football fan worthy of the description would want to cheer his/her team of the pitch at the end.

As you have chosen the name Goldstone, I would politely ask if you ever watched a game there?
I attended games there before you did and I can still remember to this day, when either standing in the North Stand or sitting in the West Stand, watching fans streaming out of Goldstone lane anything up to 15 minutes before the end of games.
I know I have said this earlier in the thread, but this has happened in all the years I have been going to football and happens in every ground in the country.
I really cannot understand why you get so worked up about the issue.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I left the away end and when the board for injury time went up and was shocked how many Brighton fans were in the queue for the park and ride already. If we had won 3-0 i would of been happy to of queued all night for the p&r's.
Sure you would have, but
a) it was a one off day out for you
b) you don't have as far to travel as some
c) you don't have the same commitments as some
d) you're a more hardcore fan than some

With only one train station, and a small amount of congested parking, and a lot of fans, it takes longer for our fans to get away than most, and those that leave a couple of minutes early save a lot of time on their day.

Wrong. The east stand was half empty on 90 minutes.
Do you actually have a photo to show this? I was in the ESU and several left before the final whistle, but not many.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
what I really really don't understand is why people leave 5 mins before the end of the first half to get a drink.

So you're at the front of the queue - you get your drink and get back to your seat just in time to catch Ritchie Reynolds' interview.

I know it takes all sorts but that is one mindset I just cannot get my head round.

Bruntburger

Mar 9, 2009
Peacehaven
I'd rather have people come to the game and leave early than not come at all!

If by leaving 5 mins early you can get home to other commitments an hour earlier than if you left at full time, then fair enough.

Jan 30, 2008
Just like the Hudds game. 10 mins before the end the exodus started. Cretins, all of you.

You pay your £30+ quid, you come to the game, we're beating our closest rivals and playing great football, then you decide to miss the last 10 minutes???

Look, if you don't enjoy football, then don't come to the game.

And as for the idiots who went off for beer and pies 5 minutes before half-time .... ha, ha, ha, ha, ha! You must be among the most stupid people on this planet.
TENDS TO BE THE WERTHERS ORIGINALS AND THE LEAFY SUSSEX types if you ask me
regards
DR

There's a guy near me who ALWAYS leaves 5 minutes before half time - he has missed countless goals yet he still does it. It's beyond me.:shrug:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
As you have chosen the name Goldstone, I would politely ask if you ever watched a game there?
I attended games there before you did and I can still remember to this day, when either standing in the North Stand or sitting in the West Stand, watching fans streaming out of Goldstone lane anything up to 15 minutes before the end of games.
I know I have said this earlier in the thread, but this has happened in all the years I have been going to football and happens in every ground in the country.
I really cannot understand why you get so worked up about the issue.

And I will politely answer that I did indeed watch games at the Goldstone ... first one around 55 years ago.(so please don't claim that you attended games there before I did without knowing the facts). It certainly wasn't obvious to me at any time that large numbers of fans left the Goldstone early (unless of course we were having one of our rather too frequent piss-poor games). To be fair, probably much easier to see how many are leaving early from the heights of WSU than it was from any vantage point at the Goldstone.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
And I will politely answer that I did indeed watch games at the Goldstone ... first one around 55 years ago.(so please don't claim that you attended games there before I did without knowing the facts). It certainly wasn't obvious to me at any time that large numbers of fans left the Goldstone early (unless of course we were having one of our rather too frequent piss-poor games). To be fair, probably much easier to see how many are leaving early from the heights of WSU than it was from any vantage point at the Goldstone.

Really, so you attended your first game before my first in 1955 when I was twelve? so if the fact you did attend before then, I apologise.

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
what I really really don't understand is why people leave 5 mins before the end of the first half to get a drink.

So you're at the front of the queue - you get your drink and get back to your seat just in time to catch Ritchie Reynolds' interview.

I know it takes all sorts but that is one mindset I just cannot get my head round.

Personally speaking, from the back of the WSU, if I really want a pint at half time I have to go for it at about the 43 minute mark, otherwise there is little chance of actually getting one and having time to drink it without necking it. I don't normally bother to be honest, but did yesterday and paid the price by missing Spanish Dave's masterpiece :facepalm:

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Personally speaking, from the back of the WSU, if I really want a pint at half time I have to go for it at about the 43 minute mark, otherwise there is little chance of actually getting one and having time to drink it without necking it. I don't normally bother to be honest, but did yesterday and paid the price by missing Spanish Dave's masterpiece :facepalm:

Same here. We have a rota for beers. Missed 4 goals in all, but it's the only way to get a half time beer and have time to drink it, so c'est la vie as they say.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
You pay your money, so you can come when you like, go for a drink or a pee when you like and leave when you like . What the hell has it to do with anyone else.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here