Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Thousands of OUR fans leaving early ... AGAIN

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
If people are worried about waiting for the train, I don't understand why more don't use the bus. Especially going to Lewes, there's no queue.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
And I will politely answer that I did indeed watch games at the Goldstone ... first one around 55 years ago.(so please don't claim that you attended games there before I did without knowing the facts). It certainly wasn't obvious to me at any time that large numbers of fans left the Goldstone early (unless of course we were having one of our rather too frequent piss-poor games). To be fair, probably much easier to see how many are leaving early from the heights of WSU than it was from any vantage point at the Goldstone.

Hey Goldstone

I am still waiting for you to either, accept my apology, or admit I was correct and that I attended the Goldstone before you and I did have my facts correct.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
You really are Mr Perfect aren't you!!! So you nibbled on your salad sandwiches and had some tea out of a flask at half-time did you ya boring bell end :******::******:

Personally I go to football games to watch football. Eating I do at home or in restaurants. I don't see the need to eat or drink in the two hour period I'm at a game.

You know it's a fact that snacking between meals is what makes people fat.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Hey Goldstone

I am still waiting for you to either, accept my apology, or admit I was correct and that I attended the Goldstone before you and I did have my facts correct.

No apology required. Ok, so you did attend your first match before me ... but in your post you stated that as a fact without knowing when my first game was ... and I think you suggested that I had never been tom the Goldstone.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
That's because the East Stand has the most families with kids, who understandably leave a bit earlier. If you look on the YouTube clip the only part of the ground that is noticeably empty is the Family Stand.

Why do the families "understandably leave earlier"? What crap. They should stay to the end so their kids can enjoy ALL the game. If they're worried about the crush getting out, then wait until five minutes after the final whistle.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Personally I go to football games to watch football. Eating I do at home or in restaurants. I don't see the need to eat or drink in the two hour period I'm at a game.

Each to their own, but for me each half goes in the blink of an eye anyway, so I personally wouldn't want to cut that down even further by going for beer/food before the half time whistle and possibly also get back late for the start of the second half as well, doubly so when it's Palace and we're on top.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
internet-serious-business.jpg

RickofBHAFC

Jul 27, 2004

You know it's a fact that snacking between meals is what makes people fat.

Weight in proportion to height and i do a 5km run every 2 days so i think my body can cope with the occasional pie and a pint at the weekends thanks very much for the lecture SS Commander Goldstone!! :drink::drink::cheers::cheers::lolol::lolol::whisky::whisky:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
No apology required. Ok, so you did attend your first match before me ... but in your post you stated that as a fact without knowing when my first game was ... and I think you suggested that I had never been tom the Goldstone.

My intention, was to remind you of how fans would stream away in Goldstone Lane long before games ended to get to Hove station and this could be seen from both the North and West Stands.
Not to challenge your support at the Goldstone.
Nothing has changed since my first days there in 1955. People arrived late, went for a cup of tea or a pee before half time and many left early.
So I cannot understand how a man of your age does not remember all this and obviously get so worked up about it.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Some sections of the Brighton support were singing 'We can see you sneaking out' etc on 85 minutes. Only problem was, the Palace fans all stayed until the end, it was Brighton fans leaving in droves.

Plenty of palace had gone before the end

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
I actually thought the Palace fans song about the fire drill quite amusing, some of those that made it for the pies before half time missed the free kick. Winning, losing or drawing, surely you watch it all. Remember Palace last year, they got three goals in the last ten minutes, but you have to stay, annoyed, infuriated, aghast, depressed, alarmed as well as cold, but you stay!!!

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Winning, losing or drawing, surely you watch it all .... you have to stay, annoyed, infuriated, aghast, depressed, alarmed as well as cold, but you stay!!!

100% exactly the way it is. The rules say when you attend a footie match you watch all of it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here