Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that you just can't get your head around

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
How Alan Brazil still has - ney, ever got - a daily presenter's gig on a national radio station.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
1) Bottled water. The industry spent millions a few years back getting high profile entertainers and models to be seen with branded bottles of water. They then seduced and persuaded certain so-called health experts that we all needed vast amounts of water each day to stay ' hydrated ' Complete and utter bollocks. Our bodies tell us when we need a drink and if you want water...go to the tap...it won't kill you!
2) Rap Music....this is the modern equivalent of ' the Emperors new clothes ' Eventually people will start realising that these are con artists. They have no real musical ability. Its talking to music. Its one step on from ' Deck of Cards ' in the 50's. People are embarrassed to admit that they see through it so they keep on perpetuating the deceit. Shuffling...left foot, right foot, left foot right foot...hand somewhere near the genitalia...mumbling something that purports to be musical rhyme. Its garbage. It has no place in the pantheon of musical history. As you've probably realised...I DON'T GET IT!!!!
3) Climate change....its now a massive industry and certain people have built lucrative careers around it. They have an agenda. They want you to believe its man-made. ITS THE WEATHER! ITS CYCLICAL. IT CHANGES. STUDY THE PATTERNS. ITS NOT UNUSUAL.
IMHO, these are the three biggest cons of recent times.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
1) Bottled water. The industry spent millions a few years back getting high profile entertainers and models to be seen with branded bottles of water. They then seduced and persuaded certain so-called health experts that we all needed vast amounts of water each day to stay ' hydrated ' Complete and utter bollocks. Our bodies tell us when we need a drink and if you want water...go to the tap...it won't kill you!

Absolutely this. Can't be a coincidence that Evian backwards is naive

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
Mobile phones. You can, within reason, talk to anyone else, wherever you are, instantly, and also find out anything you want with mobile internet.
This - I know roughly howe they work etc but still to have a phone on your hand, be on NSC, touch the screen and within a few seconds the next page of posts appears still amazes me :)

Also how , in an apparently civilized country, people can be so taken with their own point of view plus other considerations (kickbacks etc) that they are willing to shut down an entire Government rather than let an opposition bill succeed.

How Palace got into the Premier League.

They were and are shit and are proving it on a weekly basis - However, the question remains how DID they get promoted ?:facepalm:

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Also how , in an apparently civilized country, people can be so taken with their own point of view plus other considerations (kickbacks etc) that they are willing to shut down an entire Government rather than let an opposition bill succeed.

I assume you're talking about the US here - the term "civilized" threw me for a few seconds - but I agree, I may not live there but their actions could have implications far beyond their own country. They are behaving like children, and if I could I'd ensure they all got de-elected next time round and banned from standing for public office again. Utterly irresponsible.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Topman. I have never liked their clothing and am well out of their demograph now but I have once in a while purchased the odd t-shirt, smart shirt or pullover. Badly made, badly fitting pieces of crap made hastily to cash in on any current trend going. I know it's relatively inexpensive but their clothes literally fall apart. I have a particular bug bear with Arcadia anyway. Mainly because of Philip Green, The fat , greedy shit.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Gay clubs and bars. If I was gay I wouldn't set foot in one why are they so shit?

Amen. The music policy is always scandalous, speeded up Brittney or speeded up Kylie or something. Unbeliveably patronising.

I've actually long thought there is a wide gap in the market in Brighton for a decent non-tacky gay club.

Goring-by-Seagull

Jan 5, 2012
How someone can reach 30+ stone and only then think "I should lose some weight".

Haha this is a big one for me. I just don't get it. And when fat people go on a diet and don't lose weight they say "but I've hardly eaten a thing!" WELL YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE.

spring hall convert

Nov 3, 2009
Brighton
Absolutely this. Can't be a coincidence that Evian backwards is naive

I'm sure it is. I don't really think it's a sensible business model to take the p*ss openly of your customer base.

EDIT: And originally being a French company, why would they choose to do it in another language?

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Tap water certainly won't kill you but is full of chemicals that normal treatment cannot remove such as oestrogen and progesterone, all excreted in urine and recycled. I don't buy bottled water but have a water filtration system that provides 99% pure water. The taste difference is amazing.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So as a gay man you wouldn't go to a gay bar but as a straight man you apparently have. What were you doing? Testing the water?

Welcome to the 21st century.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
So as a gay man you wouldn't go to a gay bar but as a straight man you apparently have. What were you doing? Testing the water?

I have gay friends. Sometimes I go for a drink with them in their gay clubs. Though I haven't done so for years. I find the gays to be lacking in pub etiquette.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here