Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Things that you just can't get your head around

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
I have gay friends. Sometimes I go for a drink with them in their gay clubs. Though I haven't done so for years. I find the gays to be lacking in pub etiquette.

I must have been transported back into the 1970's - that is one hell of a post :facepalm:

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
People who put forward strongly worded and controversial views and then immediately get ultra defensive and act the victim when people disagree. This is genuinely not aimed at anyone in particular, as this is something I encounter on Facebook just as much as here.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
One mans truth is another mans nonsense, one mans daily mail is another mans nonsense........research cognitive dissonance.

e.g Diana was killed by the Englih elite......many were mocked for mentioning this years ago, but now its coming out in the main stream so more are now ready to believe it....with having done no independent research. CT is just a silly term.

I can't get my head around people like Hybrid X. He's typed out this utter shite which he obviously believes and is unable to see the irony in asking other people to research cognitive dissonance.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I can't get my head around people like Hybrid X. He's typed out this utter shite which he obviously believes and is unable to see the irony in asking other people to research cognitive dissonance.

I say fair enough to any CT whose research amounts to more than watching hilarious YouTube clips and going on websites created by people EXACTLY AS QUALIFIED AS THEM to talk about all this guff.

So, I say fair enough to pretty much no CT that I've ever come across on the net.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
I say fair enough to any CT whose research amounts to more than watching hilarious YouTube clips and going on websites created by people EXACTLY AS QUALIFIED AS THEM to talk about all this guff.

So, I say fair enough to pretty much no CT that I've ever come across on the net.

I didn't realise his degree was in psychology too

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix - often touted as the best in the music business. Best what?!?!

Dylan might have been able to write songs but he couldn't sing. And I'm sorry, but must of the time Hendrix's guiter playing seemed like the drugs were getting the better of him and making him incapable of playing a tune!

*putsontinhatanddivesforcover*

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Bob Dylan and Jimi Hendrix - often touted as the best in the music business. Best what?!?!

Dylan might have been able to write songs but he couldn't sing. And I'm sorry, but must of the time Hendrix's guiter playing seemed like the drugs were getting the better of him and making him incapable of playing a tune!

*putsontinhatanddivesforcover*

Seeing Dylan live is perhaps the most underwhelming experience of my entire life. Couldn't sing, couldn't play.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really really really close up photography, this is sand:-

article-2011471-0CDEE2E700000578-366_964x894.jpg

Dr NBC

Former Insider
Apr 29, 2013
Mid Sussex
One mans truth is another mans nonsense, one mans daily mail is another mans nonsense........research cognitive dissonance.

e.g Diana was killed by the Englih elite......many were mocked for mentioning this years ago, but now its coming out in the main stream so more are now ready to believe it....with having done no independent research. CT is just a silly term.

tin-foil-hat.jpeg

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Interesting that people like Hybrid X are more of a victim than those they accuse of being blind. CT's are basically people who cannot figure out how the world works and as it is a human need to find order in things (hence religion) they incorporate these bizarre theories to shield themselves from the fact that the world is out of their control and random events occur. It's a sign of physcological immaturity, luckily for them this means they usually grow out of it given time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here