Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Secret Footballer (merged)

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Does anyone know if this is the same guy who writes as The Player in FourFourTwo?

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Well yes it could be but i think that player is robert earnshaw. All four divs, the prem and capped for his country.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Normally I'd be annoyed by people dropping clues and little else, but we know that once he is identified, there'll be no more TSF stories and a little bit of magic will have gone. Like the Stig.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Seem to think its Dave Kitson on the website now. Evidence appears quite good

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Surely red herrings in there as someone else said. Otherwise it would be too obvious I think..

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I honestly can't think of any England player who has a wife more famous than he is. Unless we're talking ex-wives I suppose.

Not MORE famous than their husbands, but I guess that Victoria Beckham, Louise Redknapp, Cheryl Cole and Abbey Clancy are all pretty well known.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Is it possibly a hoax? A journalist/writer relaying various stories they heard under the guise of "secret footballer" and that the "I did this" stories are not all the same person. Or has that been ruled out?

It always reads to me as if it's made up. Nothing I can put my finger on, but there's something artificial about the style - and absolutely everything seems to have happened to this player, which is very convenient for the column ...

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
It always reads to me as if it's made up. Nothing I can put my finger on, but there's something artificial about the style - and absolutely everything seems to have happened to this player, which is very convenient for the column ...

Agreed, I think there are a few players that contribute towards this.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Two of those four don't play for England and haven't for at least three years. I don't think Abbey Clancy could in any way be described as being as/more famous than Crouch, and the other is an ex-wife.

Doesn't the article say it's a current England international (a player "we would all know") who has a wife that "in some circles would be seen as more famous than him" who shagged someone in a swimming pool in Dubai? I don't even know why I'm interested in this bit, as even if we worked out who the wife is we wouldn't get the secret footballer I suppose.

I think it was 'current England player' as in - at the time of the incident - which might or might not be recent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here