Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Secret Footballer (merged)

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Looking at this it looks like he played for Man City in the 1995-96 season. Going back a bit.

With five minutes to go of the last game of the season, I knew we were relegated. Where we had longed to hear our fans burst into sporadic fits of cheering as a welcome goal went in at the opposite end of the country, we had instead heard the unmistakable sound of collective groaning.

As we slunk from the pitch, in the same way that relegated Queens Park Rangers or Bolton Wanderers players will do at about 5pm on Sunday,

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Is it possibly a hoax? A journalist/writer relaying various stories they heard under the guise of "secret footballer" and that the "I did this" stories are not all the same person. Or has that been ruled out?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Looking at this it looks like he played for Man City in the 1995-96 season. Going back a bit.

With five minutes to go of the last game of the season, I knew we were relegated. Where we had longed to hear our fans burst into sporadic fits of cheering as a welcome goal went in at the opposite end of the country, we had instead heard the unmistakable sound of collective groaning.

As we slunk from the pitch, in the same way that relegated Queens Park Rangers or Bolton Wanderers players will do at about 5pm on Sunday,

Scrub that, he said QPR or Bolton so meant last season :facepalm:

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
It's David James isn't it there was a video on soccer am of him sniffing a ball was it at anfield?

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I think he used to play for

Wimbledon_fc.png

and

bwfc.jpg

That would be the Aldershot Manager then???

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's David James isn't it there was a video on soccer am of him sniffing a ball was it at anfield?

Its not a Goal Keeper.

Moments stick in your mind, like the mistimed jump that I made that led to a headed clearance being volleyed in, or the poor goal-kick from our keeper that ended up with us needlessly conceding. In both games we lost by the odd goal. Even as I write this, I feel the frustration and anger washing over me again.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
That would be the Aldershot Manager then???

A friend who used to play football with me years ago and has since retired told me a great story from when he was in Dubai at the One & Only Resort. He and his wife had checked in at the same time as another player, who is now an England international, and his wife. You all know him, though his wife is probably more famous than him in certain circles. My friend, who, it has to be said, is a handsome bastard, was sunning himself at one end of the swimming pool and he noticed the wife of the other player slip into the water at the far end. After he had caught her eye a couple of times she made a beeline for him. When she was close enough, she wrapped her legs around him. All the while, her husband was asleep on a sun lounger under a shady tree. My friend even brought out his mobile phone to show me a few of the picture messages she'd sent him after their return. Anyone who had taken a picture of the action in the pool would have made a fortune, and made four lives unbearable for a time.

I'll let someone else have a crack at this one:lol:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It's all written like its a current player, as if it's in the now, but I don't think it is.

I have a hunch it's a player from the mid 90's -00's who was relegated in the 95-96 season with a large NW club and ended up staying in Lancashire with his new club.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Interesting read. I googled the back to back Player of the Year awards to slim it down. More than one choice. So I am not mentioning any names.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Interesting read. I googled the back to back Player of the Year awards to slim it down. More than one choice. So I am not mentioning any names.

It's Frank I reckon.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here