Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
And you sound like someone trotting out the "empty seats" argument like you're doing the rest of us a favour, when in reality you are just pissed off that your cosy arrangement of passing your ticket around mates is about to come to an end if you don't stump up twenty quid.

Not how I see it.....But everyone entitled to their own opinion.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Not how I see it.....But everyone entitled to their own opinion.

Fair enough. I never fall out with anyone on here and I don't intend to start now over something like this. So all I'll say is whatever the solution, I hope it all works out for you.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
1.No 2.because sometimes can`t go at short notice. 3. No idea

It says in the 1901 terms and conditions for 2021-26 that you are able to pass on your ticket and doesn’t mention a fee. You obviously know more about it than I do but has the below been superseded by something else ? I thought one of the reasons 1901 exists is to entertain customers.

‘5 EVENT-BY-EVENT TRANSFERS AND PERMANENT TRANSFERS

5.1 The Member may permit another person (the “Nominee”) to enjoy for the duration of a Relevant Event the Rights set out in clause 4 without notification or consent of the Company, on the condition that the Member is liable for all acts and omissions of the Nominee (“Event-by-Event Transfer”). The Member acknowledges that the Company may require the Member to provide details of the Nominee attending the Relevant Event and, if requested to do so, the Member shall promptly provide the Company with such Nominee details. When providing the Company with such Nominee details, the Member shall ensure that the Member has all applicable rights and consents to do so. If acts and/or omissions of the Nominee cause loss to the Company, the Company may issue legal proceedings against the Member for reimbursement of all costs resulting from those acts and/or omissions (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs). If the Member is a Trader (or otherwise acting in a professional capacity), the Member shall fully indemnify the Company against all losses, costs, claims, demands, proceedings or other liabilities arising as a result of any act or omission of the Nominee and/or the Member. In addition, the Member agrees to make any Nominee aware of the applicability of the terms of this Agreement to their enjoyment of any of the Rights.‘

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It says in the 1901 terms and conditions for 2021-26 that you are able to pass on your ticket and doesn’t mention a fee. You obviously know more about it than I do but has the below been superseded by something else ? I thought one of the reasons 1901 exists is to entertain customers.

‘5 EVENT-BY-EVENT TRANSFERS AND PERMANENT TRANSFERS

5.1 The Member may permit another person (the “Nominee”) to enjoy for the duration of a Relevant Event the Rights set out in clause 4 without notification or consent of the Company, on the condition that the Member is liable for all acts and omissions of the Nominee (“Event-by-Event Transfer”). The Member acknowledges that the Company may require the Member to provide details of the Nominee attending the Relevant Event and, if requested to do so, the Member shall promptly provide the Company with such Nominee details. When providing the Company with such Nominee details, the Member shall ensure that the Member has all applicable rights and consents to do so. If acts and/or omissions of the Nominee cause loss to the Company, the Company may issue legal proceedings against the Member for reimbursement of all costs resulting from those acts and/or omissions (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs). If the Member is a Trader (or otherwise acting in a professional capacity), the Member shall fully indemnify the Company against all losses, costs, claims, demands, proceedings or other liabilities arising as a result of any act or omission of the Nominee and/or the Member. In addition, the Member agrees to make any Nominee aware of the applicability of the terms of this Agreement to their enjoyment of any of the Rights.‘

I`m West Stand Lower and always have been....maybe you have got me mixed with someone else.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Apologies if already been discussed. So does it look like ST holders will be unable to buy tickets for friends when available before they go on general sale, as has been the case in previous seasons ? I guess because ID is required with COVID. If so i hope this is just for 1 season as we often get a big group coming down and really make a day of it. Or I suppose they will all have to become MyAlbion members. A bit steep for a couple of games per season, but it is what it is. Not going to criticise the club, doing their best is very difficult circumstances.

No info or details about this yet though seems likely they will have to be MyAlbion+ members. Or at least have a fan number.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Really think the club need to change the exchange a little so season ticket seats are on sale before the club's tickets have sold out. They don't lose out on any money as while they refund the STH they then sell it for full price so they still make a sale. At the least they need to change the wording of some of their social media communications as they often say "tickets for the match now sold out" but there will be tickets listed on the exchange still. However punters are likely to see "sold out" and not bother.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Really think the club need to change the exchange a little so season ticket seats are on sale before the club's tickets have sold out. They don't lose out on any money as while they refund the STH they then sell it for full price so they still make a sale. At the least they need to change the wording of some of their social media communications as they often say "tickets for the match now sold out" but there will be tickets listed on the exchange still. However punters are likely to see "sold out" and not bother.

Assuming not a 100% genuine sell out, don’t the club make more money from selling their non-ST seats, over that earned from passing on an exchanged seat?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Assuming not a 100% genuine sell out, don’t the club make more money from selling their non-ST seats, over that earned from passing on an exchanged seat?

Say the pro-rata cost of the match to a season ticket holder is £30 (I've plucked a figure out of the air). They have made £30 for that match by selling me a season ticket. Then I can't go so I list it. They sell it for category 1/A (whatever it is called). They refund me my £30 and sell it for £50. They've made more money by selling my seat. That's the logic I'm working on. They're still making money if they sell my seat or one of their's.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Say the pro-rata cost of the match to a season ticket holder is £30 (I've plucked a figure out of the air). They have made £30 for that match by selling me a season ticket. Then I can't go so I list it. They sell it for category 1/A (whatever it is called). They refund me my £30 and sell it for £50. They've made more money by selling my seat. That's the logic I'm working on. They're still making money if they sell my seat or one of their's.

I do realise that.

But.

They sell first the non s/t seat for £50, pure revenue, over and above all the money already banked on s/t’s.

A financial gain of £30 per seat over the alternative of reselling an exchange seat first.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

Why would they - That person buying the ticket is still going to go so why would they not sell seats they haven’t already sold first? Doesn’t make commercial sense

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Why would they - That person buying the ticket is still going to go so why would they not sell seats they haven’t already sold first? Doesn’t make commercial sense

See my next post on. They still make money, surely that is commercial sense?

Hendrax

Jan 23, 2013
Worthing
Just got 2 for me and my son. Originally in N1E right behind the goal.

Was a mistake as I though I was on the right of N1F and in my haste purchased the wrong seats.

Managed to change but the only pair left in the North was the family corner, N2B.

One thing I'm a little worried about is shouting and the odd swear word. Am I being silly or is it frowned upon

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here