Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
For you in 1901 who is unaffected it sounds good. For us normal STH it complicates simple transaction(give ticket to friend). Do you agree it will lead to a lot of empty seats ? As in my previous posts on matter. Our three seats have been occupied for every Game since Amex opened, by us, friends, family, or work colleagues. This coming season my guess would be on average at least one will be empty every game .
Many must be thinking the same!!

So, three people bought three season tickets knowing they weren't going to attend every game, to the point at least one would be absent every game. Why didn't the three of you buy two tickets since one of you is always missing? Especially if money is an issue. (even next season, the my albion membership and the two £20 upgrades would be cheaper than a third season ticket).

Do your friends not contribute when they use your ticket? Seems a bit cheeky if not; the three of you bought an extra season ticket that didn't need to be bought since one of you is always missing, and no one else contributed while getting to see the game. If they did, what's the issue? They pay their own £25 for their myalbion membership (why should you pay for their membership?), then their contribution per game goes up by £1-£3 depending to bring in £19-£57 to cover the £20 sharing upgrade per ticket.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I’m probably not a good person to ask about attendances at the AMEX as I’m routinely amazed at the crowds we pull and number of tickets we sell. But, if the club are doing “well” why wouldn’t your seats be filled?

Due to work commitments and or family commitments often at least one of us can`t go at short notice. Easy to get friend whos free at 12 o`clock for 3pm game !! Next season nigh impossible without prob 24hrs notice and to be honest, sounds complicated and costly so our seat or seats sadly will sometimes be empty.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
For you in 1901 who is unaffected it sounds good. For us normal STH it complicates simple transaction(give ticket to friend). Do you agree it will lead to a lot of empty seats ? As in my previous posts on matter. Our three seats have been occupied for every Game since Amex opened, by us, friends, family, or work colleagues. This coming season my guess would be on average at least one will be empty every game .
Many must be thinking the same!!

I'm sorry but l really don't see how you can complain, the practice of allowing any Tom, Dic, or Harriet into the stadium using your tikcket is agaist the law! End of.

You are now being charged the princely sum of £20 to allow a another named person to use it, and in this day and age is £20 really a lot of money? I don't think so. In any case l'd like to think that the other person should be offering tou £20 as a thank you anyway!

The club perhaps has made a rod for it's own backin turning a blind eye in previous seasons, because now people are saying that they have no right to pull the plug, which is rubbish.
If l were you l'd make the most of next season, because according to the club it's a one off, and l can't see the club allowing anyone to use your ticket again.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
So, three people bought three season tickets knowing they weren't going to attend every game, to the point at least one would be absent every game. Why didn't the three of you buy two tickets since one of you is always missing? Especially if money is an issue. (even next season, the my albion membership and the two £20 upgrades would be cheaper than a third season ticket).

Do your friends not contribute when they use your ticket? Seems a bit cheeky if not; the three of you bought an extra season ticket that didn't need to be bought since one of you is always missing, and no one else contributed while getting to see the game. If they did, what's the issue? They pay their own £25 for their myalbion membership (why should you pay for their membership?), then their contribution per game goes up by £1-£3 depending to bring in £19-£57 to cover the £20 sharing upgrade per ticket.

One of us is not always missing. No I do not expect friends to contribute if they come. Maybe get the Beer at halftime !! Accept that others think it`s simple.....Simply, I don`t !!

Have renewed this coming season !!.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I'm sorry but l really don't see how you can complain, the practice of allowing any Tom, Dic, or Harriet into the stadium using your tikcket is agaist the law! End of.

You are now being charged the princely sum of £20 to allow a another named person to use it, and in this day and age is £20 really a lot of money? I don't think so. In any case l'd like to think that the other person should be offering tou £20 as a thank you anyway!

The club perhaps has made a rod for it's own backin turning a blind eye in previous seasons, because now people are saying that they have no right to pull the plug, which is rubbish.
If l were you l'd make the most of next season, because according to the club it's a one off, and l can't see the club allowing anyone to use your ticket again.

More likely Seats left empty. Mine won`t be the only ones !!

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
One of us is not always missing. No I do not expect friends to contribute if they come. Maybe get the Beer at halftime !! Accept that others think it`s simple.....Simply, I don`t !!

Have renewed this coming season !!.

You said you would have 1 seat empty per fixture across 3 STs. So that is 19 games with an empty seat ergo the 3 of you could just share 2 STs unless my maths is dodgy or your statement incorrect? :shrug:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Due to work commitments and or family commitments often at least one of us can`t go at short notice. Easy to get friend whos free at 12 o`clock for 3pm game !! Next season nigh impossible without prob 24hrs notice and to be honest, sounds complicated and costly so our seat or seats sadly will sometimes be empty.

We have two cases here, pandemic and post-pandemic. I do not feel you can blame the club for possibly prohibitive measures all the while the pandemic is still impacting life ( I see next season as a “pandemic” season). But post-pandemic and if the club extended the scheme, why wouldn’t you be able to quickly pass the ticket onto a friend as long as they were a Albion Plus Member? The technology to do this is with the club.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
The 45 pounds is just 8% of the ticket price. 8% to give you a significant upgrade in terms of flexibility to your ticket seems reasonable to me.

And there’s other entertainment businesses which won’t let you pass on, or sell on, a ticket to a friend...live music has been moving in this direction for a long time.

As for 1901 members, yes we have been able to pass on tickets for a while and whilst it may appear to be free we certainly pay for it with our membership fees, season ticket cost and the 5 year commitment.

As I have said before, I feel the club is being very fair.

Cannot compare ST to 1901 Perks rightly come with there membership.
Club will be aware for different reasons mostly for financial and unable to attend all games so many tickets are already shared. To solve this have made good decision to make this official and people for reasons mentioned can now share a ST. The club is a business and have seen this an opportunity to raise additional income. Has to be accepted.
I repeat the scenario for those that want to officially share and those that miss say one game the charge is completely different and unreasonable. Basically the club will earn £45 plus the £40ish pro rata already paid for that seat for one game.
Before anyone says I no can put on ticket x but that is not the point.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
You said you would have 1 seat empty per fixture across 3 STs. So that is 19 games with an empty seat ergo the 3 of you could just share 2 STs unless my maths is dodgy or your statement incorrect? :shrug:

average one empty does not = one empty every week..

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Yes, seats belonging to season ticket holders, that have been paid for anyway! Sorry but if you had read the T & C's when you signed on the dotted line, you would have relaised that.

Did we sign anything when buying season tickets ? As for reading Terms and conditions !! We`ll have to agree to disagree . I just hope that "post Covid" casual ticket sharing will be allowed again !

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
average one empty does not = one empty every week..

It’s still 19 games between 3 of you, a 1/3rd each. I think you’ve had a great advantage with the club turning a blind eye to ticket sharing to this point. I think £25 for a work colleague or mate to come isn’t a huge amount, come more than once and it’s a sliding scale. Otherwise you could have ST holders with no real interest in the club just sharing a ticket around with a load of non fans at work etc. hardly fair to the fans who can’t get tickets for sold out matches because their are ST holders that aren’t really ST holders in the real sense.

I’m not saying that’s you by the way, but if you can’t make 6 games, that’s £1 per game for you to be able to hand that to any member in you F&F as many times as you want. Not ideal for the one off mate, but an F&F that will do 2 or 3 games across the season with you it’s a bargain.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It’s still 19 games between 3 of you, a 1/3rd each. I think you’ve had a great advantage with the club turning a blind eye to ticket sharing to this point. I think £25 for a work colleague or mate to come isn’t a huge amount, come more than once and it’s a sliding scale. Otherwise you could have ST holders with no real interest in the club just sharing a ticket around with a load of non fans at work etc. hardly fair to the fans who can’t get tickets for sold out matches because their are ST holders that aren’t really ST holders in the real sense.

I’m not saying that’s you by the way, but if you can’t make 6 games, that’s £1 per game for you to be able to hand that to any member in you F&F as many times as you want. Not ideal for the one off mate, but an F&F that will do 2 or 3 games across the season with you it’s a bargain.

Like a lot of 1901 members ?? Would you do away with them ??

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Did we sign anything when buying season tickets ? As for reading Terms and conditions !! We`ll have to agree to disagree . I just hope that "post Covid" casual ticket sharing will be allowed again !

Frankly I'm staggered that anybody doesn't realise that casual sharing of STs is against legislation governing football ticketing that came in around the mid-1990s.

And 'casual ticket sharing' will never be a thing again; you've just been lucky up until now. I fully expect the club to use the smart phone ticketing technology announced for next season to ensure tickets cannot be transferred, unless via a fully sanctioned and club-managed process.

Last edited:

KeegansHairPiece

Jan 28, 2016
Like a lot of 1901 members ?? Would you do away with them ??

It’s part of the corporate package - 1901 tickets can be sold to a limited company, a normal ST can’t it’s sold to an individual. It’s chalk and cheese argument as it’s a different ticket offering completely.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
It’s part of the corporate package - 1901 tickets can be sold to a limited company, a normal ST can’t it’s sold to an individual. It’s chalk and cheese argument as it’s a different ticket offering completely.

Didn`t used to be, for the first two seasons at Amex I had three season tickets in my name.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
Frankly I'm staggered that anybody doesn't realise that casual sharing of STs is against legislation governing football ticketing that came in around the mid-1990s.

And 'casual ticket sharing' will never be a thing again; you've just been lucky up until now. I fully expect the club to use the smart phone ticketing technology announced for next season to ensure tickets cannot be transferred, unless via a fully sanctioned and club-managed process.

You sound like a right jobsworth !!

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
You sound like a right jobsworth !!

And you sound like someone trotting out the "empty seats" argument like you're doing the rest of us a favour, when in reality you are just pissed off that your cosy arrangement of passing your ticket around mates is about to come to an end if you don't stump up twenty quid.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
‘Small charge’ **** off! They want this ‘small charge’ for a game I won’t be attending, it provides me with no benefit whatsoever. So, if it was £50 you’d still be ok with it?

I’m sure the system could be worked without the need for £45 on top of the £545 already paid thank you very much.

‘Legally pass on your ticket’ - As has been said before, loads of entertainment businesses let you pass on tickets and have done for many years. Also, what has been said before, 1901 members are allowed to pass their tickets on with, and wait for it, no additional charge, funny that. So, tell me why a ‘normal’ (less well off) fan has to pay extra?

Just a money making scheme, don’t need to dress it up.

Sure, happy to explain.1901 tickets are a lot more expensive than ‘normal’ tickets so have a variety of perks such as coat rails, manicures and seat sharing included in with the price. The posh people pay a lot more than 20 quid for seat sharing. Think of it this way; if you fly BA business class you are served ‘free’ booze all flight. Except it’s not actually free because you have paid a lot more for your ticket than Joe Bloggs on Easyjet who has to pay an extra, let’s say twenty quid, for his drinks on a pay as you down it basis.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here