Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] The "Season Ticket Renewals 2021/22" thread

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot of people with school age kids bought printers as a lot of the work set for them while schools were shut involved printing off sheets to fill in and the like. As such most people I know have printers at home though not for their work directly but because they weren't able to go into work and rinse the office printer like they usually did!

Swimming against the tide of this thread, I don’t know anyone without a home printer.

Needed for school work e.g. projects, domestic stuff, letters where they’re required eg disputes, checking bank and card statements, running WFH businesses.

When mine was on the blink in the autumn, every printer with decent reviews was unavailable nationwide, retailers said sales had rocketed since March.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
Swimming against the tide of this thread, I don’t know anyone without a home printer.

Needed for school work e.g. projects, domestic stuff, letters where they’re required eg disputes, checking bank and card statements, running WFH businesses.

When mine was on the blink in the autumn, every printer with decent reviews was unavailable nationwide, retailers said sales had rocketed since March.

Most people don't own them. If was my first purchase during the first lock down and anything good was (as you say) really difficult to get hold off.

Popular televisions were the same. I don't watch enough TV or films to warrant a huge one, but like Samsung. Mine went pop (after years) during the summer and I eventually found the one at a shop in Northern Ireland who gladly shipped into to London.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
the fact is that most home printers are still painfully slow, expensive on ink and a complete faff if you need to print multiple pages in duplex. Unless of course you have money to burn on a laser printer and the space to put it. I have neither.

Completely off topic now but a £50 HP from Currys with the HP Instant Ink scheme would be piss easy to use, cheap and do duplex. Printers have moved on a lot in the last few years.

Only reason I mentioned printers at all is obstacles keep getting thrown up about why the club's changes won't work but the majority of people have a smart phone, lots of people have a printer or access to one. The numbers inconvenienced will be minimal.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Completely off topic now but a £50 HP from Currys with the HP Instant Ink scheme would be piss easy to use, cheap and do duplex. Printers have moved on a lot in the last few years.

Only reason I mentioned printers at all is obstacles keep getting thrown up about why the club's changes won't work but the majority of people have a smart phone, lots of people have a printer or access to one. The numbers inconvenienced will be minimal.

Great post. If you really truly need something, buy it.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
Cost will depend on who you share a ticket with. If it's the same person and they go to 5 evening games that reduces the price!! Instead of £45 for one match, it's now £9 for each of the 5 matches!

But the ticket’s already been paid for, the club aren’t losing money, if they were offering a 17 game a season season ticket, then they’d have a point.

There is absolutely no reason why a season ticket holder should have to pay extra for a game they won’t even attend, let alone someone else paying on top of that for a match that has already been paid for.

I doubt it would be 5 evening games either, it would be more like 2 or 3.

If that was the case, essentially the club would want £565 for the season ticket holder to attend £479 worth of games. That’s just not on (if I’ve got my maths right). Plus they’d be making the additional £20 from the other fan.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
But the ticket’s already been paid for, the club aren’t losing money, if they were offering a 17 game a season season ticket, then they’d have a point.

There is absolutely no reason why a season ticket holder should have to pay extra for a game they won’t even attend, let alone someone else paying on top of that for a match that has already been paid for.

I doubt it would be 5 evening games either, it would be more like 2 or 3.

If that was the case, essentially the club would want £565 for the season ticket holder to attend £479 worth of games. That’s just not on (if I’ve got my maths right). Plus they’d be making the additional £20 from the other fan.

There is a perfectly good reason which is that they want to pass their ticket on to someone else. When you buy a ST you are getting a seat to attend every home game. It’s not the clubs fault if you decide not to do so but nevertheless they have come up with a system for you to legally pass on your ticket. They are providing this service for a small charge and still people complain. It’s lucky I don’t work at the club as I think I would say sod the whole ungrateful lot of you and withdraw the coming seasons flexibilities.

Prince Monolulu

Everything in Moderation
Oct 2, 2013
The Race Hill
there is a perfectly good reason which is that they want to pass their ticket on to someone else. When you buy a st you are getting a seat to attend every home game. It’s not the clubs fault if you decide not to do so but nevertheless they have come up with a system for you to legally pass on your ticket. They are providing this service for a small charge and still people complain. It’s lucky i don’t work at the club as i think i would say sod the whole ungrateful lot of you and withdraw the coming seasons flexibilities.

100% this.

Nowt as strange as folk.

Seaview Seagull

NSC Patron
Mar 1, 2021
There is a perfectly good reason which is that they want to pass their ticket on to someone else. When you buy a ST you are getting a seat to attend every home game. It’s not the clubs fault if you decide not to do so but nevertheless they have come up with a system for you to legally pass on your ticket. They are providing this service for a small charge and still people complain. It’s lucky I don’t work at the club as I think I would say sod the whole ungrateful lot of you and withdraw the coming seasons flexibilities.

This!
The club offers additional flexibility and get moaned at! If the money is the issue use the ticket exchange.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
This!
The club offers additional flexibility and get moaned at! If the money is the issue use the ticket exchange.

With me the money isn`t a huge issue it`s the fact fact it`s complicated. Giving ticket to friend/family/or work colleague is easy simple and free !! Myself and two sons seats have never been empty for any games at the Amex..

Fairly sure there will be empty seats next season. Guaranteed ours won`t be the only ones !! I only hope it is covid that is making the club stamp down on ticket sharing and we are renewing 21/22 in the hope that for 22/23 season things will be back to normal. (ticket sharing overlooked)

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Apologies if already been discussed. So does it look like ST holders will be unable to buy tickets for friends when available before they go on general sale, as has been the case in previous seasons ? I guess because ID is required with COVID. If so i hope this is just for 1 season as we often get a big group coming down and really make a day of it. Or I suppose they will all have to become MyAlbion members. A bit steep for a couple of games per season, but it is what it is. Not going to criticise the club, doing their best is very difficult circumstances.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick

‘Small charge’ **** off! They want this ‘small charge’ for a game I won’t be attending, it provides me with no benefit whatsoever. So, if it was £50 you’d still be ok with it?

I’m sure the system could be worked without the need for £45 on top of the £545 already paid thank you very much.

‘Legally pass on your ticket’ - As has been said before, loads of entertainment businesses let you pass on tickets and have done for many years. Also, what has been said before, 1901 members are allowed to pass their tickets on with, and wait for it, no additional charge, funny that. So, tell me why a ‘normal’ (less well off) fan has to pay extra?

Just a money making scheme, don’t need to dress it up.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
‘Small charge’ **** off! They want this ‘small charge’ for a game I won’t be attending, it provides me with no benefit whatsoever. So, if it was £50 you’d still be ok with it?

I’m sure the system could be worked without the need for £45 on top of the £545 already paid thank you very much.

‘Legally pass on your ticket’ - As has been said before, loads of entertainment businesses let you pass on tickets and have done for many years. Also, what has been said before, 1901 members are allowed to pass their tickets on with, and wait for it, no additional charge, funny that. So, tell me why a ‘normal’ (less well off) fan has to pay extra?

Sorry but l'm with the club, and Neville on this, and l don't really see it as a money making scheme at all. You were never legally permitted to pass on your season ticket to others in the first place, you were only allowed to as the club decided to basically turn a b lind eye to the practice.

During the Covid Pandemic it is obviously imperative that names, contact details etc. of everyone in the ground are known to the club, and by giving everyone the opportunity, legally, (albeit for a minimal £20 fee), they are now able to do that.

I'd be grateful if l were you, the club could well have banned anyone else from using your seat(s) completely.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry but l'm with the club, and Neville on this, and l don't really see it as a money making scheme at all. You were never legally permitted to pass on your season ticket to others in the first place, you were only allowed to as the club decided to basically turn a b lind eye to the practice.

During the Covid Pandemic it is obviously imperative that names, contact details etc. of everyone in the ground are known to the club, and by giving everyone the opportunity, legally, (albeit for a minimal £20 fee), they are now able to do that.

I'd be grateful if l were you, the club could well have banned anyone else from using your seat(s) completely.

100% in agreement.

A small number of Brighton and Hove Albion STHs seemingly still want the right to unilaterally decide the Ts&Cs for their ST (which they were never allowed to do by law in the first place) and appear affronted that they club is finally cracking down on their cosy little arrangements. I think the club is being more than accommodating.

I'm sure it's a only a few people that are behaving like their right to give their ST to whoever they choose, whenever they choose was enshrined in the Magna Carta; but if its any more than that I wouldn't blame the club if they turned around and just said "**** it - no transfers then and immediate cancellation of ST for anyone found breaching the law."

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The 45 pounds is just 8% of the ticket price. 8% to give you a significant upgrade in terms of flexibility to your ticket seems reasonable to me.

And there’s other entertainment businesses which won’t let you pass on, or sell on, a ticket to a friend...live music has been moving in this direction for a long time.

As for 1901 members, yes we have been able to pass on tickets for a while and whilst it may appear to be free we certainly pay for it with our membership fees, season ticket cost and the 5 year commitment.

As I have said before, I feel the club is being very fair.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
The 45 pounds is just 8% of the ticket price. 8% to give you a significant upgrade in terms of flexibility to your ticket seems reasonable to me.

And there’s other entertainment businesses which won’t let you pass on, or sell on, a ticket to a friend...live music has been moving in this direction for a long time.

As for 1901 members, yes we have been able to pass on tickets for a while and whilst it may appear to be free we certainly pay for it with our membership fees, season ticket cost and the 5 year commitment.

As I have said before, I feel the club is being very fair.

Fair ? or Fair because of covid ? Would you expect post covid, ticket sharing to be ignored again ?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Fair ? or Fair because of covid ? Would you expect post covid, ticket sharing to be ignored again ?

I guess fair because of Covid. But, as you ask, I feel it would be a great idea if the club continued with this formal method of ticket sharing post-pandemic. Ticket sharing happens, and the club should recognize this and be realistic and facilitate a means to do this legitimately.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
I guess fair because of Covid. But, as you ask, I feel it would be a great idea if the club continued with this formal method of ticket sharing post-pandemic. Ticket sharing happens, and the club should recognize this and be realistic and facilitate a means to do this legitimately.

For you in 1901 who is unaffected it sounds good. For us normal STH it complicates simple transaction(give ticket to friend). Do you agree it will lead to a lot of empty seats ? As in my previous posts on matter. Our three seats have been occupied for every Game since Amex opened, by us, friends, family, or work colleagues. This coming season my guess would be on average at least one will be empty every game .
Many must be thinking the same!!

Last edited:

ady1973

Jul 27, 2008
New Milton
Sorry if this has been discussed before....Is it only one name you add to your ST or can you add a few (of coarse if they all Albion+ members)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
For you in 1901 who is unaffected it sounds good. For us normal STH it complicates simple transaction(give ticket to friend). Do you agree it will lead to a lot of empty seats ? As in my previous posts on matter. Our three seats have been occupied for every Game since Amex opened, by us, friends, family, or work colleagues. This coming season my guess would be on average at least one will be empty every game .
Many must be thinking the same!!

I’m probably not a good person to ask about attendances at the AMEX as I’m routinely amazed at the crowds we pull and number of tickets we sell. But, if the club are doing “well” why wouldn’t your seats be filled?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here