The Other Darts

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
It's somewhat ironic that for years Olly Croft and Martin Adams's big gripe was that the PDC was the Phil Taylor Show, but hasn't the BDO become all about Adams?

Not this year, out already.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Bit like saying stop all non-league and league football,if you are good you work your way up the ladder.

I wasn't advocating stopping it, just pointing out how two-bob it is by comparison to the PDC.

As a stepping stone to the big league it serves its purpose, but trying to convince people that their winner is comparable to the PDC Champion or that the Number One in their rankings really is the best player in the world is no more than delusion these days.

Sussax

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2012
Brighton
I wasn't advocating stopping it, just pointing out how two-bob it is by comparison to the PDC.

As a stepping stone to the big league it serves its purpose, but trying to convince people that their winner is comparable to the PDC Champion or that the Number One in their rankings really is the best player in the world is no more than delusion these days.

You've got more chance of seeing a 9 darter in the PDC, than seeing than seeing a 180 in the BDO. :lolol:
Good viewing though, Darts are very rarely on without having pay for any other channels. :thumbsup:

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
to put the BDO into perspective, I played Les Wallace, the 1997 BDO world champ, 4 times that year and won 4 times. the last was 5-0 in a competition 5 weeks before he won the title.
ok, i was playing county at the time, but to be fair..none of the players around at that time would've pulled up trees in the PDC

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I just don't understand why the BBC demean themselves covering it any more at such expense for two weeks. It's like sending your outside broadcast units off to Hackney Marshes to cover the football for a fortnight.

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
to put the BDO into perspective, I played Les Wallace, the 1997 BDO world champ, 4 times that year and won 4 times. the last was 5-0 in a competition 5 weeks before he won the title.
ok, i was playing county at the time, but to be fair..none of the players around at that time would've pulled up trees in the PDC

Impressive - I once had a dart for a 13 dart 501 missed but took it out in 14 - this again was when I was playing pretty regularly.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports