The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Well the Jets O looks awful once again, Tebow's surely only going to be used in 3rd and short and goal line situations so no idea why the coverage is all about him. Sanchez obviously needs to improve big time but I still think he is our guy.

Anyone watching MNF tonight? Looking forward to seeing how the Cowboys look.

MNF isn't on over here tonight on ESPN is MLB instead :(

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I see the Rams are no longer coming over for the International Series for 3 successive years. It'll be just this years game with the Patriots, but then they will NOT return for 2013 and 2014.

As long as that isn't a negative indication for the future of the International Series, then tbh, I'm pleased about that, as I'd rather the teams switched around each year. The idea that we would gain a significant affiliation to one team is a bit unlikely in my eyes, as the vast majority of those attending the games already have a team, and are not about to change just because the Rams (or whoever) start turning up once a year every year.

Keep it fresh!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I see the Rams are no longer coming over for the International Series for 3 successive years. It'll be just this years game with the Patriots, but then they will NOT return for 2013 and 2014.

As long as that isn't a negative indication for the future of the International Series, then tbh, I'm pleased about that, as I'd rather the teams switched around each year. The idea that we would gain a significant affiliation to one team is a bit unlikely in my eyes, as the vast majority of those attending the games already have a team, and are not about to change just because the Rams (or whoever) start turning up once a year every year.

Keep it fresh!

They tried it with the Buccs and we were all sick of seeing them after the 2nd time.

I haven't seen the report but my guess would be the contract betwwen the Rams and the Edward Jones Dome to play their games there has been the reason for this pulling out the 3 year I.S game.

Set of Tracksuits

Oct 27, 2003
Leicester

Keep it fresh!

That's great news, not sure I'd have gone in 2013 and 2014 if they'd kept it as it was.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
This is so slow I'm switching between this and the Yankees / Rangers baseball game - not often you can do that!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
By the way, if anyone's team happen's to be playing the Jets this season you can forget any in depth analysis on your teams performance as it will all be about TEBOW. :sick:

I say this as I've just watched the Jets @ Bengals ''game highlights'' on NFL.COM. They should have renamed it ''The Tebow scrambling for his life highlights'' instead.

The game finished 17-3 to the Bengals but I don't think they showed any scoring in these highlights just one Sanchez sack to the line up the entrance of TEBOW. Many broken plays and scrambles later they finish on his pick.

We scored 17 points but I have no idea how, who or when.

Thanks NFL.COM. :annoyed:

I've seen the game on Game Pass, and it was typical Tebow tbh. He threw ok, then threw an ugly INT. He scrambles really well, and although effective, it does just make the whole offense look so disjointed as there is simply no composure in the pocket. Having said that he DID move the Jets down the field for the FG, which is more than I can say for Sanchez. Small body of work at this stage of pre-season though.

As for the Bengals, forget the scoreline, or even the result, as that game was all about checking the injury reports, as they were going down faster than a cheap whore.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Hey Gritt, the Cowboys Raiders game looked rivetting the other night:eek:

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Hey Gritt, the Cowboys Raiders game looked rivetting the other night:eek:

LOL, yeah, never a good sign when the scoreline looks more at home in our football than theirs.

At the moment I'm more woried about who is going to be suiting up for week 1. The O-line is a mess, Claiborne is nicked up, Austin is feeling his hammy, Dez has "issues", Felix failed his conditioning and reports in camp are poor, while Witten's spleen makes him a big risk.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports