Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
If anyone fancies it, NFL.com - Official Site of the National Football League are doing a game called "NFL Perfect Challenge" which looks very similar to the fantasy game that NFLUK do, whereby you pick a team each and every week - although in this case, with no budget, so you pick WHOEVER you think will be the top performers each week.

May be good, may be rubbish, but you've got to try these things. Anyway, I've set up a League called Northstandchat, which is a private league, so you'll need the password zamora

I know some of you play Fantasy Football with me already, and this obviously isn't anywhere near as involved, but is a bit of fun. If you play it, join the League and then we can see each others scores, and show me up for the knowledgeless fan that I really am.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
No ones posted the sad news so I will.

We got the Jacksonville Jaguars coming over for 4 years!! :annoyed:

Even their own fans dont go to watch them so we get lumbered with them.

Forget Wembley, they'd struggle to sell out Vicarage Road!

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
NYJ looked awful on offence again last night :lol:

Pete Carrol was right, Sanchez should have stayed at USC for another year.

Tebow looks a joke. They'll be blood on the carpet there come end of the season me thinks.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Seattle Seahawks signed Matt Flynn to a 3 year $20 mill contract and then name rookie Russel Wilson (3rd round pick Wisconsin) as the teams starting QB.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Is this who the Albion Roar is named after

ROAR Cheerleaders - jaguars.com

On the ticket sales/attraction front, it all depends on what teams they bring over, Cowboys, Pack and Steelers would shift a few and add to my viewing collection.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Any of the AFC North will do me, after that I'd struggle to show enthusiasm for Somebody vs the Jaguars

Really? It's competitive NFL football. I can't believe people are that picky.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Really? It's competitive NFL football. I can't believe people are that picky.

If there one team I have total apathy for its the Jags. I don't know why I just do. Got bored watching the Buccs twice, they were carp twice as well. Not sure I can bare the Jags 4 years running.

I'd rather watch Notre Dame vs Navy in Dublin.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
If there one team I have total apathy for its the Jags. I don't know why I just do. Got bored watching the Buccs twice, they were carp twice as well. Not sure I can bare the Jags 4 years running.

I'd rather watch Notre Dame vs Navy in Dublin.

I think most people would rather watch that but tickets were hard to come by and it's not just up the road.

But presumably you've been through worse with the Albion that what the Jags could possibly subject you to. Don't forget how quickly things change in the NFL. I will happily bet £100 towards the REMF that one of those 4 Jags teams will have a winning season.

Personally I quite enjoyed the Bucs' effort last year, although against the Patriots the game was over before TB's offense had run a play.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Any spots in your fantasy league? Have you drafted yet?

No spots in drafting Leagues I'm afraid, hence the link to the simple alternative game that NFL.com are doing.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think most people would rather watch that but tickets were hard to come by and it's not just up the road.

But presumably you've been through worse with the Albion that what the Jags could possibly subject you to. Don't forget how quickly things change in the NFL. I will happily bet £100 towards the REMF that one of those 4 Jags teams will have a winning season.

Personally I quite enjoyed the Bucs' effort last year, although against the Patriots the game was over before TB's offense had run a play.

Its probably just me, I struggle to get up for watching some NFL teams these days, far more interested in watching the Bengals or other AFC North rivals, then again I'm glued to ESPNA every Saturday to watch Gameday Live then 3 College games in a row regardless of who's playing, then Sunday morning watching another 2.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

It was/is inevitable that teams who struggle to sell 8 games at home would be the ones tempted to come over, and while the Jags are a disappointment, I don't want to appear ungrateful, as in truth, it's AMAZING that we have access to a full-blown NFL regular season game each and every year in London. Honestly, it's amazing, and we shouldn't get greedy and only be happy if we see the Steelers vs the Ravens.

Obviously, the opponent will make a difference, and I would have thought teh Patriots will attend one of those years, as Robert Kraft has been so keen on the International Series. But it does get better, so I think we'll all be following them a bit closer to look for signs of improvement ... just as we were doing with the Rams for a while there.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
It was/is inevitable that teams who struggle to sell 8 games at home would be the ones tempted to come over, and while the Jags are a disappointment, I don't want to appear ungrateful, as in truth, it's AMAZING that we have access to a full-blown NFL regular season game each and every year in London. Honestly, it's amazing, and we shouldn't get greedy and only be happy if we see the Steelers vs the Ravens.

Obviously, the opponent will make a difference, and I would have thought teh Patriots will attend one of those years, as Robert Kraft has been so keen on the International Series. But it does get better, so I think we'll all be following them a bit closer to look for signs of improvement ... just as we were doing with the Rams for a while there.

Ignore me, I just like Jag bashing cause personally I find them the least interesting of all the 32 teams.

I love my weekend at Wembley once a year, day out in Trafalgar Square, beers at the Greenman, tailgate and game so I'll be there as usual most probably.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here