Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
I don't want to appear ungrateful, as in truth, it's AMAZING that we have access to a full-blown NFL regular season game each and every year in London. Honestly, it's amazing.

So This, I will be buying my ticket every year, it saves a lot on air fare...

The amount of Europeons, US ex pats, visiting home team fans and UK NFL mad punters will always sell out a home fixture who ever plays.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Ignore me, I just like Jag bashing cause personally I find them the least interesting of all the 32 teams.

I love my weekend at Wembley once a year, day out in Trafalgar Square, beers at the Greenman, tailgate and game so I'll be there as usual most probably.

Can't deny that I'm struggling to think of a team that would be behind them in my list of teams to watch, but that has to be taken in perspective, and seeing ANY of the 32 teams in London is amazing. It's a bit like saying which of the Dallas cheerleaders I'd LEAST like to spend a night with.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Can't deny that I'm struggling to think of a team that would be behind them in my list of teams to watch, but that has to be taken in perspective, and seeing ANY of the 32 teams in London is amazing. It's a bit like saying which of the Dallas cheerleaders I'd LEAST like to spend a night with.

Mmmmm, the Cowboys cheerleaders have to be the hottest in the NFL, though ours aren't too shabby

bengals-cheerleaders1.jpg

bengalscheerleader.jpg

10353089-natalie-captured-the-cover-of-this-years-bengals-calendar.jpg

bengals-ben-gals-cheerleaders(04).jpg

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think I'm ready to call the Divisions now...

AFC EAST

Patriots
Bills
Jets
Dolphins

AFC NORTH

Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Browns

AFC WEST

Broncos
Chargers
Raiders
Chiefs

AFC SOUTH

Texans
Titans
Colts
Jaguars

NFC EAST

Eagles
Giants
Cowboys
Redskins

NFC NORTH

Packers
Bears
Lions
Vikings

NFC WEST

49ers
Seahawks
Cardinals
Rams

NFC SOUTH

Falcons
Saints
Panthers
Buccaneers

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
AFC NORTH

Steelers
Ravens
Bengals
Browns

I think you are letting the natural pessimism of a supporter take hold of you there. The Steelers are there for the taking in my book. Ben has been nicked up already in camp, Wallace has only just turned up, so we don't know where his head will be. The young WRs, Brown and Sanders look very good, but can Brown be a no.1, or Sanders a no.2 if Wallace if off his game and has a DeSean Jackson type year having not got paid? Certainly not if Ben goes down.

I can see the League going quite TE heavy this year, trying to copycat what the Pats have done, and while the Ravens are well set to do it, teh Stellers really arent. They have no-one to compare with Gresham for me. While at RB they could be really short. Mendenhall is out for the start of the season, and I don't think they would be wise to rush him back, but how far Redman can take them, well.

Then on D, they are really struggling to be the force they were without the old Polamalu. he was playing on reputation for a lot of last season, and I think this year could see him caught out.

The injuries in pre-season for the Bengals are a worry, but overall, it's a young, hungry, up and coming roster. I really like their chances of challenging for 2nd in the division, and could just be the aging process for Lewis and Read away from overhauling the Ravens as well.

As for the NFC East, blimey, who knows. It could very well be the closest division of all, as I think all four have a genuine chance of winning it. Even the 'skins who are widely expected to bring up teh rear .... take a look at their stats on both sides of the ball last year, they really weren't bad at all. They looked just a QB away for me last year, so, if RGIII is even close to being the QB they think they've drafted, they will come very close. Anyone could win it, as I think 10-6 will probably do it, with everyone beating each other within the division.

Eggman

Jul 8, 2003
West Sussex
I'm going for the Chiefs as an outside bet for the Superbowl. They have a damn good roster if all stay fit IMO.

Last edited:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I think you are letting the natural pessimism of a supporter take hold of you there. The Steelers are there for the taking in my book. Ben has been nicked up already in camp, Wallace has only just turned up, so we don't know where his head will be. The young WRs, Brown and Sanders look very good, but can Brown be a no.1, or Sanders a no.2 if Wallace if off his game and has a DeSean Jackson type year having not got paid? Certainly not if Ben goes down.

I can see the League going quite TE heavy this year, trying to copycat what the Pats have done, and while the Ravens are well set to do it, teh Stellers really arent. They have no-one to compare with Gresham for me. While at RB they could be really short. Mendenhall is out for the start of the season, and I don't think they would be wise to rush him back, but how far Redman can take them, well.

Then on D, they are really struggling to be the force they were without the old Polamalu. he was playing on reputation for a lot of last season, and I think this year could see him caught out.

The injuries in pre-season for the Bengals are a worry, but overall, it's a young, hungry, up and coming roster. I really like their chances of challenging for 2nd in the division, and could just be the aging process for Lewis and Read away from overhauling the Ravens as well.

As for the NFC East, blimey, who knows. It could very well be the closest division of all, as I think all four have a genuine chance of winning it. Even the 'skins who are widely expected to bring up teh rear .... take a look at their stats on both sides of the ball last year, they really weren't bad at all. They looked just a QB away for me last year, so, if RGIII is even close to being the QB they think they've drafted, they will come very close. Anyone could win it, as I think 10-6 will probably do it, with everyone beating each other within the division.

...Buuuuttttttt.......we have a very thin secondary, with limited quality, the other WR's apart from Green are all rookies or 2nd year guys, we cant run block, we dont know if our run game is any good, Dalton is still looking for Green all the time, and we still struggle to get Gresham into the game at all.

..........plus we have lost our starting Center and and LG for the season and have a rookie at RG so the line in thin. Also have Ghee, Prater, Rogers and Sands on I.R at the moment.

PLUS! we have a harder schedule this year and remember, this is the Bengals, we don't do back to back winning seasons. :tantrum:

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Agreed , the NFC East was really a coin toss for me.

Giants are inconsistent, Romo will go all Romo for one of the months of the season, the Skins are dark horses but I think Shanahan will de-motivate most of them as usual, and only went with the Eagles as when they clicked at the end of last season they looked the best team in the League by far.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I'm going for the Chiefs as an outside bet for the Superbowl. They have a damn good roster if all stay fit IMO.

The thing about the Chiefs is the talent that is coming back from injury last year. Decent team at times last year, then add in the likes of Charles, Berry, and Moeaki to get a very good looking side. It always looked like the Chiefs wanted Charles sharing the carries, dating back to signing Thomas Jones a few years back, so pairing him up with Hillis this season looks a great move. Certainly an upgrade in the running game from Jackie Battle last year!!

P.S

Jun 23, 2011
Lancing
Well screw the lot of you ;) I'm happy the Jags are coming over for years, means I get to see them play a game without having to fly over there. As for our fans not wanting to go and watch them, I'm 99% sure we've not had a blackout in the last 2 seasons. Gabbert has shown a lot of progress in the pre-season, albeit still only pre-season, but I am really looking forward to seeing how our offense has improved this year. Defense is without doubt our strongest side of the field still though.

As for opponents next year, as all but one of the international games has been inter conference, I'd lay money on it being the same and our division is NFC West next year with home games likely to be 49ers and Seahawks. i for one (and probably the only one by the sound of it) can't wait for next years International Series game

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
IIRC the last sky deal was announced a few days before the seasonm started.

Here's hoping

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
5 live's NFL preview is available as a podcast.
It has a great interview with thingy!
17 season line back, maybe from Baltimore.

Anyho it really is a fantastic interview with plenty of insight as to how a veteran still keeps going.

I'm beginning to get my NFL mojo back.
Le Tour, the Olympics, and now the Vuelta hasn't left much room for US sport.

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
IIRC the last sky deal was announced a few days before the seasonm started.

Here's hoping

Possible announcement tomorrow according to NFLUK. If it's not on Sky/ESPN then I will either have to cancel them to get Gamepass, or watch practically no NFL this year.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Possible announcement tomorrow according to NFLUK. If it's not on Sky/ESPN then I will either have to cancel them to get Gamepass, or watch practically no NFL this year.

NFLUK made a big deal last year about how the viewing figures have been rising so my guess is the NFL wanted more money, SKY said no and they'll meet in the middle somewhere.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here