Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The OFFICIAL NFL 2012 Thread

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
The Cleveland Clowns have been bought by a hardcore Steelers fan.

Can it get any worse for them :lol:

Yes it can, they've given Weedon the starters job!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
whats wrong with that? he'll be better than McCoy.....

I agree, Weedon is not a bad quarterback, it's just his age that is perceived as a problem. Given that he has Trent Richardson in the backfield it should help him ease into his first season. I expect the Browns to still finish last in their division but the AFC North promises to be pretty competitive this year, definitely a division to watch.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
whats wrong with that? he'll be better than McCoy.....

Really? Did you watch a lot of Oklahoma State last year? Don't be fooled just cause they made the Fiesta Bowl. McCoy was a far better College QB at Texas and if you'd seen the Browns last year youd surely have seen the poor receiving performances they had.

Weedon is totally overrated, a 29 year old (Oct) with a busted arm. Can't believe they blew a 1st rounder on him. Still makes me chuckle.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I agree, Weedon is not a bad quarterback, it's just his age that is perceived as a problem. Given that he has Trent Richardson in the backfield it should help him ease into his first season. I expect the Browns to still finish last in their division but the AFC North promises to be pretty competitive this year, definitely a division to watch.

Mark Ingram Mk2.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Really? Did you watch a lot of Oklahoma State last year? Don't be fooled just cause they made the Fiesta Bowl. McCoy was a far better College QB at Texas and if you'd seen the Browns last year youd surely have seen the poor receiving performances they had.

Weedon is totally overrated, a 29 year old (Oct) with a busted arm. Can't believe they blew a 1st rounder on him. Still makes me chuckle.

I watched a few Oklahoma State games last year and I thought he was useful. To be honest I agree he was not worth a first rounder, and I think Weedon may well have dropped to the second. After Luck and Griffin I think the drop off in QB's was pretty big. I hope Miami are not expecting too much out of Tannehill this season, could he be this years Blaine Gabbert? I think Trent will have a good season, at least I hope he does as he's in my fantasy team.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I watched a few Oklahoma State games last year and I thought he was useful. To be honest I agree he was not worth a first rounder, and I think Weedon may well have dropped to the second. After Luck and Griffin I think the drop off in QB's was pretty big. I hope Miami are not expecting too much out of Tannehill this season, could he be this years Blaine Gabbert? I think Trent will have a good season, at least I hope he does as he's in my fantasy team.

The only decent teams the Cowboys played against last year were Stanford, who seemed to massively overrated hanging around at #3 all year with a cup cake schedule and Oklahoma who were fading fast by the time Oke St blew them out, plus he had Blackmon to throw to which he did most of the time.

Throwing well against the likes of Tulsa and Louisiana - Lafayette is not the same as taking on the AFC North. Unless he has vastly improved in the Browns training camp I see McCoy being back under center by week 5.

McCoy is no great shakes but he has had a bit of raw deal in Cleveland, their receivers were awful last year. He put a lot of passes on the numbers but they kept dropping it. Holmgren hasn't done much to improve this area either. All they have done is take Travis Benjamin in round 4 from The U. I bet Ed Reed is shaking in his boots! :lol:

TR is going to be flogged from day one and if he doesn't perform (I think he'll have very average numbers) they'll have to rely on Weedon's arm (again average) and piss poor receivers.

The QB position has been a revolving door in Cleveland since the days of Bernie Kosar and I think Weedon will be another QB who'll be told to watch the door on his way out...........with Holmgren the next to follow.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
The only decent teams the Cowboys played against last year were Stanford, who seemed to massively overrated hanging around at #3 all year with a cup cake schedule and Oklahoma who were fading fast by the time Oke St blew them out, plus he had Blackmon to throw to which he did most of the time.

Throwing well against the likes of Tulsa and Louisiana - Lafayette is not the same as taking on the AFC North. Unless he has vastly improved in the Browns training camp I see McCoy being back under center by week 5.

McCoy is no great shakes but he has had a bit of raw deal in Cleveland, their receivers were awful last year. He put a lot of passes on the numbers but they kept dropping it. Holmgren hasn't done much to improve this area either. All they have done is take Travis Benjamin in round 4 from The U. I bet Ed Reed is shaking in his boots! :lol:

TR is going to be flogged from day one and if he doesn't perform (I think he'll have very average numbers) they'll have to rely on Weedon's arm (again average) and piss poor receivers.

The QB position has been a revolving door in Cleveland since the days of Bernie Kosar and I think Weedon will be another QB who'll be told to watch the door on his way out...........with Holmgren the next to follow.

I too agree that McCoy has had raw deal in Cleveland this off season, they should have used the second first round pick for protection or a target. Oklahoma may have been fading but it was still a major deal for State to beat them. Going slightly O/T it will be interesting to see how Landry Jones does next season, not a QB I rate particularly highly, does he have the character to have a comeback year? I think it will be interesting to watch.

Trent will be flogged but I like the look of him and he has the ego to relish the star turn status.

I can't see Cleveland finishing anything other than last this season, but I do think they'll improve.

Anyway getting pumped for the first round of pre-season games and the first appearance of RGIII in a Skins uniform.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I see Kevin Kolb played well in the HOF game. :wink: 1/4 and 1 INT before going off injured.

He's going to earn $65 mill this year.

If Skelton does well in the pre season I wouldn't be at all surprised if Kolb was cut.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I too agree that McCoy has had raw deal in Cleveland this off season, they should have used the second first round pick for protection or a target. Oklahoma may have been fading but it was still a major deal for State to beat them. Going slightly O/T it will be interesting to see how Landry Jones does next season, not a QB I rate particularly highly, does he have the character to have a comeback year? I think it will be interesting to watch.

Trent will be flogged but I like the look of him and he has the ego to relish the star turn status.

I can't see Cleveland finishing anything other than last this season, but I do think they'll improve.

Anyway getting pumped for the first round of pre-season games and the first appearance of RGIII in a Skins uniform.

Luck and RG3 will be very interesting to watch. I think RG3 might actually start better as the Colts are really starting from scratch this year with a very young team it looks.

As for Landry Jones, he's actually gone down over the last few seasons. Needs a big year this year to get himself drafted high.

And just so everyone knows I'm not just Brown Bashing (Weedon comments) I also think Matt Barkley is being a tad over rated at the moment (I'm a USC fan)

I love the guy at the Trojans but as an NFL prospect I'm just seeing Joey Harrington Mk2 at the moment. :eek:

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Luck and RG3 will be very interesting to watch. I think RG3 might actually start better as the Colts are really starting from scratch this year with a very young team it looks.

As for Landry Jones, he's actually gone down over the last few seasons. Needs a big year this year to get himself drafted high.

And just so everyone knows I'm not just Brown Bashing (Weedon comments) I also think Matt Barkley is being a tad over rated at the moment (I'm a USC fan)

I love the guy at the Trojans but as an NFL prospect I'm just seeing Joey Harrington Mk2 at the moment. :eek:

Ha, I'm a Ducks fan looks like we may be having words later on this year :) I think the Ducks/Trojans rivalry craps on the Bama/LSU borefest rivalry in the SEC. I think Barkley benefits from a great line in front of him, it will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of Heisman favourite from the beginning of the season. It promises to be a very good College season this year, and I can't wait for that to start either.

I hope the Pac-12 can have a good top 10 showing this year.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Ha, I'm a Ducks fan looks like we may be having words later on this year :) I think the Ducks/Trojans rivalry craps on the Bama/LSU borefest rivalry in the SEC. I think Barkley benefits from a great line in front of him, it will be interesting to see how he handles the pressure of Heisman favourite from the beginning of the season. It promises to be a very good College season this year, and I can't wait for that to start either.

I hope the Pac-12 can have a good top 10 showing this year.

Excellent!! Now I've got someone to rag on when we tear you a new arse hole like we did last year! :p:p

PAC-12 football is great and far more flamboyant than the SEC, though I still enjoy a good SEC match up.

I think USC will start in the top 3 in the pre season polls and I don't see any reason why we wont stay there as the season progresses, really hoping Michigan take out Bama in week 1!

Our first real test will be away at Utah but should overcome that. The rest of the quality teams we have to play are at the Coliseum this year including your mob.

PAC-12 Championship game will be Oragon @ USC with a victory for the Trojans. You heard it here first. :drool:

FIGHT ON!

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Excellent!! Now I've got someone to rag on when we tear you a new arse hole like we did last year! :p:p

PAC-12 football is great and far more flamboyant than the SEC, though I still enjoy a good SEC match up.

I think USC will start in the top 3 in the pre season polls and I don't see any reason why we wont stay there as the season progresses, really hoping Michigan take out Bama in week 1!

Our first real test will be away at Utah but should overcome that. The rest of the quality teams we have to play are at the Coliseum this year including your mob.

PAC-12 Championship game will be Oragon @ USC with a victory for the Trojans. You heard it here first. :drool:

FIGHT ON!

That was an epic game in Eugene last season, and fair play you won fair and square. I thought Barkley had a hell of a game that day. I look forward to the rematch!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here