Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fans welcome]

Feb 14, 2010
Is that a promise wcp .

Enjoy the game Dougie, and dont take it too seriously, it really isn't life and death. Prediction for tomorrow and this season - Palace to win 1-0, Brighton will miss a one on one and the palace goal will be yet another dodgy penalty to add to your collection for the season. Palace I think will go up and Murray will have scored around 38/40 goals. Prediction for 5 years time - Brighton will be an established top flight side looking at expanding the 30,000 capacity to 40,000. Palace will be in the Championship unless the club sorts itself out off the field.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Enjoy the game Dougie, and dont take it too seriously, it really isn't life and death. Prediction for tomorrow and this season - Palace to win 1-0, Brighton will miss a one on one and the palace goal will be yet another dodgy penalty to add to your collection for the season. Palace I think will go up and Murray will have scored around 38/40 goals. Prediction for 5 years time - Brighton will be an established top flight side looking at expanding the 30,000 capacity to 40,000. Palace will be in the Championship unless the club sorts itself out off the field.
I don't take anything seriously on here , also I don't predict . Reasons ? They tend to kick you in the bollox .

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Looking at the weather forecast tomorrow it looks like its going to be very wet and windy . Will this affect your normal passing style or will you adapt to the conditions ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Looking at the weather forecast tomorrow it looks like its going to be very wet and windy . Will this affect your normal passing style or will you adapt to the conditions ?

Surely it would more affect your long direct balls in to Murray than our on the ground passing style?

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
In the immortal words of Les Mis..... "One more day till revolution, we will nip it in the bud, we'll be ready for these schoolboys, they will wet themselves with blood"!!!!!!!!!!!!

Feel like shit but with every hour that passes I'm getting more excited/nervous....

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla

For one match at the AMEX, I forget against who, it was really hard, torrential rain for 20 or so mins, and to be honest, in that period, we couldn't cope and fell apart.

Depends on wind direction and intensity I think, as to how we'll cope.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
The £7000 is what it costs CPFC2010 to hire the satelite trucks, one at our end and one at yours.

As for the generous bit, if it was down to me you wouldn't have got it for nothing, nor would you have got Cronx ale in the away end and would have been held back after the game.

Only one truck is needed to uplink the video and audio to a satellite , at the receiving end all that is needed is a dish pointing at the correct satellite and a box with the appropriate transponder details already entered. The fee also includes paying the satellite broadcast provider for the airtime.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton

It could do, but I think it is more likely to affect Zaha, when he dives it might blow him sideways.

Londoner

Banned
Dec 19, 2011
London
£7,000 was the break even figure, £3,500 an hour!!!

Looking forward to this again, I hope for the same outcome as last season, but think it will be a draw (with goals I hope)

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Surely it would more affect your long direct balls in to Murray than our on the ground passing style?

It would do but we don't always hit it long , we mix it short and long but the long ball has been very effective for us of late . The reason I asked the question is I don't think it would suit your short crisp passing game .

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The official Albion v Palace build-up banter and p*ss-taking thread [Palace fan

Doesn't look as though it will be windy and tbh that doesn't seem to b an issue at pitch level at the Amex..also from what I've seen of the forecast its not torrential rain so don't see it as a problem ..enjoy the occasion

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Been mentioned as £7 k .

That includes the truck as well , a satellite beamback from Selhurst to The Amex would cost more in labour costs to set everything up whereas at Falmer it is virtually "plug and play" with the comms gear.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I don't take anything seriously on here , also I don't predict . Reasons ? They tend to kick you in the bollox .

Yeah , I came well unstuck with my 6 nil prediction in September 2011 :cry:

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
I expect your players are looking forward to playing in front of a 28500 crowd. Must be soul destroying for the palace players to play in front of a half empty ground all season despite pushing for automatic promotion...

As one of your players said yesterday " when we're on the pitch we don't notice weather it's 25,000 or 15,000 " the noise and atmosphere more than makes up for it :thumbsup: as we're pushing for promotion and all that :rave:

Feb 14, 2010
As one of your players said yesterday " when we're on the pitch we don't notice weather it's 25,000 or 15,000 " the noise and atmosphere more than makes up for it :thumbsup: as we're pushing for promotion and all that :rave:

Yeah, I'm sure the palace players really are pleased to play in front of 13000 paying fans, plus a load of people let in for free and have fans that bang a drum and enjoy goal music. Small club players probably couldnt handle week in week out the pressure of proper atmosphere that big crowds at places like Brighton create. All the same, for them it will like drawing a Premier league side in the cup and I expect the Palace players and fans will enjoy their big day tomorrow..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here